DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   24 - Season Two (update: uncertainty with release date) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/300512-24-season-two-update-uncertainty-release-date.html)

spike-spiegel 06-21-03 07:53 AM

24 - Season Two

Has this been confirmed? Amazon still does not have it available for order.

Sorry if this has been asked before, it's hard to search "24".

DGibFen 06-21-03 08:34 AM

It's confirmed that it will release, but doesn't have a release date yet. (I haven't seen a concrete date). Digitalbits had a rumor that it would street in early september.

Simpson Purist 06-21-03 08:59 AM

There was a rumor a while back that this set would include the deleted footage from seasons 1 and 2.

Michael Corvin 06-21-03 09:36 AM

Sept. 2

shanester 06-21-03 11:06 AM

Like last year it should be released just b4 the start of season 3 on Fox..

I hope we get more xtras this time (a few commentaries would be nice)

speedy1961 06-21-03 12:37 PM

9/2/03

Painkiller 06-21-03 01:15 PM

I wonder how many seasons there are gonna be. I mean, how many bad days can a guy have? :)

PrometheusUFO 06-21-03 05:12 PM

I heard a rumor that there would only be 3 "days" followed by a movie to wrap everything up.

Painkiller 06-21-03 09:49 PM

Originally posted by PrometheusUFO
I heard a rumor that there would only be 3 "days" followed by a movie to wrap everything up.

Wow, that sounds cool. I wonder if it's anything more than a rumor, though.

WestEndRiot 06-21-03 10:34 PM

near the end of last season Fox signed the show through 2006.

Jah-Wren Ryel 06-21-03 10:37 PM

fwiw, it seems pretty obvious that the 3rd day will start as the 25th hour of last season, instead of being a whole year later.

WestEndRiot 06-22-03 03:41 AM

Originally posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
fwiw, it seems pretty obvious that the 3rd day will start as the 25th hour of last season, instead of being a whole year later.
right. before the finale my buddy and i were skeptical as to how they could send the series into another season and still make it seem semi-realistic. when it was all said and done, i thought they did a great job with it and i think season 3 has the potential to be as good as season 1. but as far as the timing i don't think the next season will start right at 8am again, only because... removed sort of a spoiler ...wouldn't be so realistic. but i guess we shall see.

some news i read today is the contracts for Sarah Wynter and Penny Johnson were not resigned and as of right now the two will not return.

spike-spiegel 06-22-03 09:39 AM

Originally posted by WestEndRiot
near the end of last season Fox signed the show through 2006.
Where did you hear this? From what I read, FOX has it only up to the third season.

kevin75 06-22-03 10:06 AM

Originally posted by WestEndRiot some news i read today is the contracts for Sarah Wynter and Penny Johnson were not resigned and as of right now the two will not return.
that is not cool. i would like to see mrs. palmer back long enough just for her hubby to slap her around some. as for kate, well that one is self explanatory. :drool:

WestEndRiot 06-22-03 02:22 PM

Originally posted by spike-spiegel
Where did you hear this? From what I read, FOX has it only up to the third season.
i will have to do some searching but if i'm not mistaken it was on IMDB.

edit: brit. news story this article is the best i can come up with right now. i later heard/read that kiefer was signed through 2006.

Rypro 525 06-22-03 03:37 PM

Lets avoid spoilers here relating to last seasons ending

Mittman 06-22-03 04:05 PM

some news i read today is the contracts for Sarah Wynter and Penny Johnson were not resigned and as of right now the two will not return.
Sarah Wynter said she was signed on for season three in Maxim several months ago.

WestEndRiot 06-22-03 04:10 PM

Originally posted by Mittman
Sarah Wynter said she was signed on for season three in Maxim several months ago.
click here for the article but beware article contains some season 2 spoilers.

kevin75 06-22-03 05:09 PM

edit: brit. news story this article is the best i can come up with right now.
if i am reading that article correctly, keifer is signed for the next six seasons which would take the show through 2008-2009! i like the show but that may be a bit much.

PacMan2006 06-22-03 06:51 PM

Kevin,

My guess is that that is not what it sounds like. I believe that it's sort of like this:

If the show becomes a MASSIVE hit, and the producers want Sutherland and Sutherland STILL wants to come back season after season, he's all signed up. But, that doesn't mean he can't and won't be killed off, or that he won't just be asked to take a back seat after season three, or be let out of his contract.

It's like in the NFL. Guys sign contracts for seven years. And then three or four years later, they are gone, for whatever reason.

kevin75 06-22-03 07:21 PM

cool. i forgot about that angle of things.

spike-spiegel 06-23-03 11:44 AM

I really hope S3 is the end. And maybe a movie can be the prequel about Operation NIGHTFALL.

dumasp 06-23-03 08:05 PM

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- The latest development news, culled from recent wire reports:

24 (FOX) - Executive producer Howard Gordon was extended his overall deal with 20th Century Fox Television though May 2006. The deal calls for Gordon to say on board "24" through the duration of the pact. The news means that Fox has locked up all three of "24's" executive producers (creators Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran being the others) through the series' fourth season. As part of his pact, Gordon will also develop and create other projects for the studio.

I really don't see how and why there would not be a 4th season to this great series...

WestEndRiot 06-23-03 08:41 PM

thank you for the article...i knew i wasn't crazy.

sherm42 07-01-03 03:24 PM

According to DVDFile:

Also just announced from Fox are the details on 24: The Complete Second Season. Streeting on September 23rd, this seven-disc set includes all 24 episodes in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 2.0 surround, plus a wealth of extras: audio commentaries with cast and crew on select episodes, over 44 deleted scenes and alternate endings, a two-part "making of an episode" and "CTU" featurette and promo spots. Retail will set you back $69.95.