DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Anyone else see this DVD in their ad banner? Ha! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/300160-anyone-else-see-dvd-their-ad-banner-ha.html)

wabio 06-19-03 01:42 PM

Anyone else see this DVD in their ad banner? wtf? Ha!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...034135-3172822

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

FreshOne 06-19-03 01:44 PM

rotfl Yeah I saw that one, pretty funny :D

Tarnower 06-20-03 06:54 AM

Hey, don't make fun of mullets. They were all the rage in the 80s. Every decade has its ridiculous styles that are ridiculed by the next generation. Just think how hard the next generation will laugh at the way teens wear their jeans so low that the tops of underwear are visible. Or so many of these kids wearing a freakin' wool snow cap in 95 degree weather. Or the blah way so many teen girls wear their hair --- just straight with no styling whatsoever. Yep, today's styles will be mocked twenty years from now.

Tommy Ceez 06-20-03 08:00 AM

I thought mullets were retarted in the 80's

davejt1 06-20-03 08:07 AM

If you like that DVD, you'll love this new series coming this Fall (I swear I'm not making this up - I saw the commercial for it last night):

THE MULLETS (Tuesday, 9:30-10:00 PM, UPN) are brothers and blue-collar, wrestling-loving, light-hearted, optimistic guys who don the hairstyle that bears their surname ("business in the front, party in the back"). The 20-something brothers, who sport identical mullet haircuts, are actually a study in contrast. Dwayne Mullet (Michael Weaver, "Super Troopers") has a loud, in-your-face demeanor while Denny Mullet (David Hornsby, "Six Feet Under") is a quieter, more thoughtful, easygoing guy. Their mother, Mandi Mullet-Heidecker (Loni Anderson, "WKRP in Cincinnati"), a warm maternal type who couldn't be more proud of her offspring no matter what they do, recently married Roger Heidecker (John O'Hurley, "Seinfeld"), a clean-cut, game show host who is the polar opposite of her boys and her former life. The siblings live life to the fullest while dreaming of bigger and better futures, although their fantasies are out of step with their reality. THE MULLETS is produced by The Tannenbaum Company in association with Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum are executive producers, and Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein ("The Simpsons," "Futurama") are executive producers/writers.

Bright Cucumber 06-20-03 09:05 AM

Originally posted by davejt1
If you like that DVD, you'll love this new series coming this Fall (I swear I'm not making this up - I saw the commercial for it last night):

THE MULLETS (Tuesday, 9:30-10:00 PM, UPN) are brothers...

Buffy ends and now we get this!?

antennaball 06-20-03 09:07 AM

Originally posted by davejt1

THE MULLETS (Tuesday, 9:30-10:00 PM, UPN) are brothers and blue-collar, wrestling-loving, light-hearted, optimistic guys who don the hairstyle that bears their surname ("business in the front, party in the back"). The 20-something brothers, who sport identical mullet haircuts, are actually a study in contrast. Dwayne Mullet (Michael Weaver, "Super Troopers") has a loud, in-your-face demeanor while Denny Mullet (David Hornsby, "Six Feet Under") is a quieter, more thoughtful, easygoing guy. Their mother, Mandi Mullet-Heidecker (Loni Anderson, "WKRP in Cincinnati"), a warm maternal type who couldn't be more proud of her offspring no matter what they do, recently married Roger Heidecker (John O'Hurley, "Seinfeld"), a clean-cut, game show host who is the polar opposite of her boys and her former life. The siblings live life to the fullest while dreaming of bigger and better futures, although their fantasies are out of step with their reality. THE MULLETS is produced by The Tannenbaum Company in association with Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum are executive producers, and Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein ("The Simpsons," "Futurama") are executive producers/writers.

...talk about jumping on a bandwagon about two years too late.

namlook 06-20-03 05:36 PM

Don't buy this! It's barebones. I'm holding out for the rumored two-disc special edition.

DVD Polizei 06-20-03 07:57 PM

The 2-disc SE has a coupon for a free '89 Camaro. The coupon is good at participating used car dealers.

victant 06-20-03 08:09 PM

Hmm...the next Good Burger?

ryuryu2949 06-22-03 07:24 PM

Originally posted by namlook
Don't buy this! It's barebones. I'm holding out for the rumored two-disc special edition.
Yea, I heard this one doesn't have an insert.

gutwrencher 06-22-03 07:56 PM

Originally posted by Tarnower
Just think how hard the next generation will laugh at the way teens wear their jeans so low that the tops of underwear are visible. Or so many of these kids wearing a freakin' wool snow cap in 95 degree weather.
todays kids are a little off with style and attitude. MTV has really pulled a practical joke on most of them over the last 10 years....but the joke is pathetic. yeah, all generations have thier quirks....but todays crop is true crap. I feel pity. -ohbfrank-