DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   From Dusk Till Dawn Collectors Edition Vs. Non (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/300083-dusk-till-dawn-collectors-edition-vs-non.html)

Shroud 06-19-03 07:52 AM

From Dusk Till Dawn Collectors Edition Vs. Non

I have the older first release of From Dusk Till Dawn and while waiting for an anamorphic transfer saw the Collectors Edition. Can anyone who has seen both transfers notice any differences between picture and sound? I don't care about the extras just if the picture and sound quality are better and are worth the upgrade.
Does anyone know if a newer Anamorphic Transfer for this movie has been scheduled for release?

Seantn 06-19-03 08:09 AM

From what i've heard, it's the exact same transfer and sound. Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully.

Romerojpg 06-19-03 09:51 AM

Yup both R1 transfers are not anamorphic, the R2 UK version is the best transfer in the world at this time, and it will probibly be the best one for a long time to come, it is annamorphic. :)

Johnny Zhivago 06-19-03 09:53 AM

Picture and sound quality were pretty much the same IIRC... The documentary (Full Tilt Boogie) on the CE is very good however... I generally agree with you 100%, extras mean very little to me, but it is a pretty good doc... You should try to rent it and check it out. But, since you're mainly interested in the PQ and sound, don't bother upgrading. No anamorphic transfer on the way, that I know of...

zak52 06-19-03 10:13 AM

I own it but I would recommend rented it first. I'm just the opposite from Johnny. I thought Full Tilt Boogie was incredibly boring and I would never end up watching it again.

Shroud 06-19-03 12:39 PM

Thanks for the information guys, guess I will hold out and wait for a better release. Hopefully it will get a 10 year Anniversary release like the other Tarantino classics, hoping for anamorphic video with DTS.

Regurgitator 06-19-03 12:57 PM

To those who have already seen the movie on dvd:

I was wondering if anyone who has the Collector's Edition of this movie noticed a picture flash during the exact spot when George Clooney was looking at the raped and slain lady on the bed in the apartment of the motel. I'm not too sure if that was part of the movie or was it a defect that I have on my disc? Please let me know. I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Johnny Zhivago 06-19-03 01:40 PM

Originally posted by Regurgitator
To those who have already seen the movie on dvd:

I was wondering if anyone who has the Collector's Edition of this movie noticed a picture flash during the exact spot when George Clooney was looking at the raped and slain lady on the bed in the apartment of the motel. I'm not too sure if that was part of the movie or was it a defect that I have on my disc? Please let me know. I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Part of the film... It's a quick flash of the woman. Very well done IHMO.

fumanstan 06-19-03 01:47 PM

I felt the documentary was fairly boring as well.

milo bloom 06-19-03 07:44 PM

Originally posted by fumanstan
I thought it somewhat more entertaining than FDTD actually. I was kinda hoping it would go on a little longer, and tell more about the cast and crews' problems.

reubs82 09-24-03 06:57 PM

Sorry to bring this up, but I just saw this movie for the first time, and I have a few questions about the audio. I watched it w/ subs on (as I always do), and I noticed right at the end when Carlos kicks in the door to the Titty Twister Bar he says, "Son of a b****". THis showed up on teh subtitles, but I did not hear him actually say it. I don't have the timestamp handy, but those familiar with the movie will know what scene I'm talking about.

Anyway, let me know if this is a defective disc, part of the film, or just the way all of the discs were pressed/mastered. Thanks in advance.

VincentVega 09-24-03 08:24 PM

Originally posted by fumanstan
Me too. The crew problems were interesting but the whole documentary shouldn't have been about them. It did have some interesting parts though.