Just watched NARC, dialog was very soft?

Old 06-19-03, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just watched NARC, dialog was very soft?

OK, I just watched NARC and the dialog was so soft I have to have my receiver turned up more then 3/4 of the way the understand what they were talking about. Anyone else have the problem?
Old 06-19-03, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope. The dialogue is hard to listen, but it's in the actor's pronounciation for me.
Old 06-19-03, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah kinda soft like TRAFFIC, but both are FKN SWEET movies!
Old 06-19-03, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Just watched NARC, dialog was very soft?

Originally posted by TheKobra
OK, I just watched NARC and the dialog was so soft I have to have my receiver turned up more then 3/4 of the way the understand what they were talking about. Anyone else have the problem?
Your right I found myself having to raise the volume higher than usual also...Eeven though it was 5.1 the surround was virtually non existent except for a few of the shootout scenes

Great film though!
Old 06-19-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

IGN's review for this film said something about this "first DVD release of the film"...anyone here know if there is a two-disc set in the works. I haven't been able to find any mention anywhere, but I was still curious.

The reason I ask is I don't want to pick it up now if there is a possible better release on down the road.

Here's the link: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/423/423874p1.html
Old 06-19-03, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I noticed this as well.
I thought there was something wrong with my speakers, actually. Then, of course, once it's all cranked up, there'd be a nice loud scene that would shake the house (and irritate the better half...).
Old 06-19-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by reubs82
IGN's review for this film said something about this "first DVD release of the film"...anyone here know if there is a two-disc set in the works. I haven't been able to find any mention anywhere, but I was still curious.

The reason I ask is I don't want to pick it up now if there is a possible better release on down the road.

Here's the link: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/423/423874p1.html
Why would you need a SE??..For a single disc this has all you need good picture,decent sound,documentaries and commentary..I don't think anything could be added..

I'd rather have a complete single disc than lots of "filler fluff" on a 2 disc SE
Old 06-19-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by shanester
Why would you need a SE??..For a single disc this has all you need good picture,decent sound,documentaries and commentary..I don't think anything could be added..

I'd rather have a complete single disc than lots of "filler fluff" on a 2 disc SE
I don't NEED one, I just don't want to blind buy this film, love it, and then be faced with a two disc later on down the road. But thanks for your clarification on my question.
Old 06-20-03, 02:21 AM

Originally posted by reubs82
I don't NEED one, I just don't want to blind buy this film, love it, and then be faced with a two disc later on down the road. But thanks for your clarification on my question.
that is my situation right now. this was a blind buy after hearing nothing but rave reviews from all of my friends as i seemed to be the only one in this damn town to have NOT seen it at the theater. anyway, i bought it and it is a GD brilliant film. i loved everything about it and while i agree the single disc is full of extras i think i would rebuy if an extended edition were to be released. i guess my recommendation would be to go rent it. watch it before saturday (when it goes off sale at Target and Walmart)...if you like it and think the included extras are sufficient, buy the single disc at the sale price. if you are head over heals for it, hold off for the double.
Old 06-20-03, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Because Paramount has been so eager to give us Special Editions....
Old 06-20-03, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought the dialogue was rather harsh, not soft. They curse a lot. Maybe you're just desensitized