Just watched NARC, dialog was very soft?

 
Old 06-19-03, 02:07 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Stuck doing T.P.S. repots for Lumbergh!!!!
Posts: 2,485
Just watched NARC, dialog was very soft?

OK, I just watched NARC and the dialog was so soft I have to have my receiver turned up more then 3/4 of the way the understand what they were talking about. Anyone else have the problem?
TheKobra is offline  
Old 06-19-03, 02:14 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: On the penis chair
Posts: 5,169
Nope. The dialogue is hard to listen, but it's in the actor's pronounciation for me.
eedoon is offline  
Old 06-19-03, 02:37 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,872
yeah kinda soft like TRAFFIC, but both are FKN SWEET movies!
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 06-19-03, 04:57 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,202
Re: Just watched NARC, dialog was very soft?

Originally posted by TheKobra
OK, I just watched NARC and the dialog was so soft I have to have my receiver turned up more then 3/4 of the way the understand what they were talking about. Anyone else have the problem?
Your right I found myself having to raise the volume higher than usual also...Eeven though it was 5.1 the surround was virtually non existent except for a few of the shootout scenes

Great film though!
shanester is offline  
Old 06-19-03, 03:33 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,135
IGN's review for this film said something about this "first DVD release of the film"...anyone here know if there is a two-disc set in the works. I haven't been able to find any mention anywhere, but I was still curious.

The reason I ask is I don't want to pick it up now if there is a possible better release on down the road.

Here's the link: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/423/423874p1.html
reubs82 is offline  
Old 06-19-03, 05:08 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
uteotw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WI
Posts: 4,429
I noticed this as well.
I thought there was something wrong with my speakers, actually. Then, of course, once it's all cranked up, there'd be a nice loud scene that would shake the house (and irritate the better half...).
uteotw is offline  
Old 06-19-03, 09:33 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,202
Originally posted by reubs82
IGN's review for this film said something about this "first DVD release of the film"...anyone here know if there is a two-disc set in the works. I haven't been able to find any mention anywhere, but I was still curious.

The reason I ask is I don't want to pick it up now if there is a possible better release on down the road.

Here's the link: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/423/423874p1.html
Why would you need a SE??..For a single disc this has all you need good picture,decent sound,documentaries and commentary..I don't think anything could be added..

I'd rather have a complete single disc than lots of "filler fluff" on a 2 disc SE
shanester is offline  
Old 06-19-03, 11:00 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,135
Originally posted by shanester
Why would you need a SE??..For a single disc this has all you need good picture,decent sound,documentaries and commentary..I don't think anything could be added..

I'd rather have a complete single disc than lots of "filler fluff" on a 2 disc SE
I don't NEED one, I just don't want to blind buy this film, love it, and then be faced with a two disc later on down the road. But thanks for your clarification on my question.
reubs82 is offline  
Old 06-20-03, 02:21 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Muncie, IN
Posts: 295
Originally posted by reubs82
I don't NEED one, I just don't want to blind buy this film, love it, and then be faced with a two disc later on down the road. But thanks for your clarification on my question.
that is my situation right now. this was a blind buy after hearing nothing but rave reviews from all of my friends as i seemed to be the only one in this damn town to have NOT seen it at the theater. anyway, i bought it and it is a GD brilliant film. i loved everything about it and while i agree the single disc is full of extras i think i would rebuy if an extended edition were to be released. i guess my recommendation would be to go rent it. watch it before saturday (when it goes off sale at Target and Walmart)...if you like it and think the included extras are sufficient, buy the single disc at the sale price. if you are head over heals for it, hold off for the double.
WestEndRiot is offline  
Old 06-20-03, 02:22 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 16,666
Because Paramount has been so eager to give us Special Editions....
LBPound is offline  
Old 06-20-03, 03:50 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sitting on a beach, earning 20%
Posts: 9,917
I thought the dialogue was rather harsh, not soft. They curse a lot. Maybe you're just desensitized
DonnachaOne is offline  
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.