Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

where to find rare out of print DVDs? (Dream Lover, 1994)

Old 06-18-03, 08:33 PM

I found out that apparently Dream Lover from 1994 (with James Spader and Madchen Amick) was released on DVD in 1999 (July 26, 1999 according to amazon). I looked on ebay, half, deepdiscountdvd, dvdempire, and searched the net for it, but I couldn't find anything about it, let alone a copy for sale. If you have any information about this DVD or know of any good sites that specialize in rare & out of print DVDs please let me know.

Also, I tried searching the dvdtalk forums for "dream lover," but I seemed to just get a list of some of the most recently active threads, none of which have anything to do with this movie. Is this a bug in the search function or am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-18-03, 09:37 PM
Rest in Peace

Have you tried overseas, many titles that I can't find it in the USA, I can find in Region 2 UK and Region 4 Australia both are english speaking countries.

If you do find it overseas then you have a decision to make, to buy or or not to buy a region free DVD player such as I have. I have what our sponser is selling except I got my zone free player in 2001.

Rare OOP are costly to find, when you compare what is being offered today. "The Ventures" a instrumental group from the 1960s are selling their DVDs for $50 each
new plus shipping.

There are a number of people that can't afford the prices asked, keep in mind are you going to watching this DVD at 8 times a year, if not don't even think about rare which go $800 for 1 used disc or $1500 or more for 1 wrapped disc!

The only other recourse is to hoof it, and go to every out the way shop you can find; sometimes you get lucky.
Old 06-18-03, 09:50 PM

FYI: Dream Lover was never released in the US.
It was announced by Polygram and then later canceled.
Old 06-18-03, 09:55 PM

Jojo - thanks for the info. Do you know if it was released anywhere else on DVD?