Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

2 DVD concerts with OAR and PQ sound for concert

Old 06-17-03, 06:42 PM
Rest in Peace

I recommend The Beach Boys at Knebworth England color has all before Dennis Died in 1983, and Carl in 1993. In sound they have 3 choices to choose for sound. DD5.1 Stereo, DD5.1 Surround and DTS.

Held at MGM Grande in Las Vegas, NV. The last great concert with only without Andy that died, the Bee-Gees: One Night Only. Two premium concerts that will get your foot stompin, guaranteed. Beach Boys crowds even in UK, knew all the words and sang when promted by Beach Boys. Crowd clapped when promted by the Bee-Gees

How about you the DVD must have a OAR and original or DD5.1 sound, what would you recommend for an afternoon delight in sight and sound?
Old 06-17-03, 08:38 PM

If you like ELO (and I do!), then "Zoom" is most definitely worth the cash. DTS track so good, I spent 3 days (yeah, I'm slow) figuring out how to extract the audio so I could hear it in my car. Highly recommended.
Old 06-18-03, 01:07 AM
Rest in Peace

Roy

I liked ELO in 1980 Xanadu, Jeff did a superb job for music including a duet between ON-J and Gene Kelly. ON-J took off in singing the songs and Jeff did good job in the orange suits with the modern music.

Roy this will blow your mind I hooked up a rear mounted Hi-Fi Sony VCR in the trunk and listened to 'line' music thru the reverb I still have and blew my friends minds as to where the music was coming from. I had the reverb up to 2000
milliseconds and 75 of 100 in depth.

It sounded like they were in a echo chamber listening to some heavy bass thru 2 subwoofers, mid range and horns in the front. It was totally awsome I drilled and ran the wires underneath the cars chasis all ratshack thick copper well insulted with some rubber tape with electrical tape over that for water proofing.

Hmm no one could see the wires like you hook up a plasma as a picture frame running all wires thru the walls.
Old 06-18-03, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought all concerts were OAR - at least I don't know of any that aren't. Most concerts were recorded for 4:3 though, are you looking for 16:9 concerts?