DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Holy crap! Has anybody else received this email? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/299495-holy-crap-has-anybody-else-received-email.html)

Yahoo Sirius 06-16-03 03:04 PM

Holy crap! Has anybody else received this email?

I guess they got my email address off Ebay. I can't believe how brazen these bootleggers are getting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi seller,

Have you ever been wondering how could you find the reliable and consistent DVDsupplier offered low wholesale pricing guarantee? Here we are, @@ onewholesalez @@

We are supplying the Brand New DVD. We are carrying a huge DVD inventory which has over 3000 DVD titles ( Classics, Old release, New release and Pre-release )

For instance, the best-selling movies like : Scarface, Schindler's
List, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Little Mermaid, Jungle Book, Mulan, Animal House, House of 1000 corpses , The killer Criterion, Lady and the tramp, 28 days later, Dances with Wolves, Once upon a time in america, cinderella, dead ringers, bambi, tarzan, schindler's list, Weird Science, They live, Breakfast club, band of brothers, moonraker, live and live die --Out-of-print James Bond movies , drama+trilogy set,and other rare & OOP movies much more. We have also supplies the Japanese Animation DVD *
Over 1000 titles * as well as Foreign movies in DVD.

* We could supply up to 100 copies DVD for each title sufficiently.

The wholesale price is raging from USD $3.00 to $5.00 is according to the volume of your purchases. In addition, we supplies only the A++ quality DVDs even the pre-release or screeners movie. All DVD are 100 % true factory made. Our DVD warehouse is located at Malaysia. Please reply us for more info. We accept following payment methods:
c2it, money order at western union, wire transfer for your convenient. Our company's policy is quick service and prompt delivery upon every of your orders.

Pants 06-16-03 03:09 PM

We are supplying the Brand New DVD
All your the brand new DVD is belong to us!

Jackskeleton 06-16-03 03:16 PM

Got those a while back. someone is simply harvesting e-mail addresses from forums and so forth.

Ranger 06-16-03 03:27 PM

Hey foward that to me, I'm interested!

j/k

SCHMEGGA 06-16-03 03:30 PM

Not yet.

waskydiver 06-16-03 03:52 PM

I would forward it to [email protected]

FuzzyBallz 06-16-03 03:55 PM

MPAA can't do jack about it 'cause it's international, and they have no authority.

neiname 06-16-03 03:56 PM

I didn't know Schindler's List was out on DVD yet, AWESOME, great news!!!!!!!!!

GuessWho 06-16-03 04:10 PM

Re: Holy crap! Has anybody else received this email?

Originally posted by Yahoo Sirius
The wholesale price is raging
Rage? :lol:

ryuryu2949 06-16-03 04:45 PM

Originally posted by neiname
I didn't know Schindler's List was out on DVD yet, AWESOME, great news!!!!!!!!!
Not only is out on dvd, but apparently they have 2 different versions as it is listed twice. Great stuff!!

RaMMaR 06-16-03 05:01 PM

Originally posted by ryuryu2949
Not only is out on dvd, but apparently they have 2 different versions as it is listed twice. Great stuff!!
i'm holding out for Schindler's List: Extreme Edition. :p

NickAdonidus 06-16-03 05:33 PM

Originally posted by RaMMaR
HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH.... I have to breath..... AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
:D

marty888 06-16-03 06:38 PM

I like the fact that they are <i>"100% factory made"</i> .... can't ask for more than that.

cali99boy 06-16-03 07:03 PM

LOL.. I actually ordered some a while back. --- I was thinking about selling DVD's on Ebay by buying wholesale. I specifically asked for Region 1 US/CANADA and inquiried about packaging and other relevent info.

The guy was nice about it, but kept dodging the main concern, Are These the SAME thing as if I bought them from Best Buy and other retail stores. I decided to just buy 5 DVDs as a "test batch", they came and low and behold, different DVD covers boxes and DVD art. The DVD's do work fine however, so I basically kept them for my own personal collection as I wouldn't sell these on Ebay and ruin my feedback rating lol.

Still looking for a real wholesale supplier... I guess when he said he's from Malaysia should have been a red flag, what I wanted to see anyways.

victant 06-16-03 07:05 PM

Originally posted by marty888
I like the fact that they are <i>"100% factory made"</i> .... can't ask for more than that.
This virutally guarantees that they aren't made by some guy at home with his PC! I'm in! ;)

Bright Cucumber 06-16-03 07:11 PM

Originally posted by cali99boy
... I guess when he said he's from Malaysia should have been a red flag, what I wanted to see anyways.
Just the fact that this company states, "[We] supplies only the A++ quality DVDs even the pre-release or screeners movie"

...pretty much screams bootleg.

MGR 06-16-03 07:18 PM

Is that the 4 disk version? ;)

Squirrel God 06-16-03 08:04 PM

Re: Holy crap! Has anybody else received this email?

Originally posted by Yahoo Sirius
IOur DVD warehouse is located at Malaysia. Please reply us for more info. We accept following payment methods:
c2it, money order at western union, wire transfer for your convenient. Our company's policy is quick service and prompt delivery upon every of your orders.

Shame they didn't end the email with

"We love you long time"

That would've sealed it for me :D

kmac2878 06-16-03 09:44 PM

I hope it has a slick metal case :p

tenaciousdave 06-16-03 09:52 PM

Maybe they can get ahold of Army of Darkness. You have no idea how long I've waited for that one.

RaMMaR 06-16-03 10:05 PM

Originally posted by MGR
Is that the 4 disk version? ;)
No, no, no, now you're getting things confused. The 4 disk ver. is the long rumored Schindler's List: Extended Edition Collector's Boxed Set - the 4th disk being either a National Geographic or History Channel special. No word on whether any bookends or statuette(s) will be included though. ;)

Doctor Gonzo 06-16-03 10:22 PM

Aw crud... I was wanting the Schindler's List Tricked out Edition...maybe next time...

RaMMaR 06-16-03 10:37 PM

Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo
Aw crud... I was wanting the Schindler's List Tricked out Edition...maybe next time...

[Bud Abbot]
Oh... that's rumored for Region 2 release!
[/Bud Abbot]

*rimshot*
:D

Gallant Pig 06-16-03 11:51 PM

A thread about bootlegging, we have a no tolerance policy on that topic. Thanks