DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Street Fighter The Movie Defects (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/299332-street-fighter-movie-defects.html)

kaze0 06-15-03 08:38 PM

Street Fighter The Movie Defects

I just got my copy of Street Fighter The Movie from DDD for 6.30. Unfortunately it is unreadable in every player I have. I know there was a thread in the DVD club forum saying how every Columbia House Street Fighter disc is unreadable, but is the same situation occuring with DDD? I have yet to hear from a single person with a working Street Fighter disc, could this disc possibly have never been printed directly and since so fewpeople probably bought it, noone complained?

Jackskeleton 06-15-03 09:14 PM

Live or animated?

dtsmovieguy 06-15-03 09:17 PM

Boil it and see what happens . Has fixed plenty of unplayable dvd's for me... just boil some water and drop it in for about a minute, pat it dry with a lint free cloth and give it shot. If it does not work, then have DDD replace it.

VamPirateXXX 06-15-03 10:08 PM

I received a working copy from DDD a couple weeks ago. I'm one of the people who received several (I think I was up to 3over the course of a year) defective CH copies. I thought that somehow the problem was isolated to CH, but obviously not.

Oh, and I even tried boiling one of those CH coasters. Still, no player will read it, as if there's no data on the disc. I'd definitely return your copy to DDD.

DVDProfessor 06-15-03 10:50 PM

I got a copy a year back from Amazon and it won't play on my RCA player but will on my computer DVD-Rom and I think it plays on my PS2, I can't remember

kaze0 06-16-03 06:08 AM

It's the live version and I've tried playing it on my XBox, Toshiba SD1200, dvd-rom, and ps2 and no luck.

jiggawhat 06-16-03 10:10 AM

Deleted threadcrap. - Static

GuessWho 06-16-03 10:16 AM

And again. - Static

Class316 06-16-03 11:34 AM

Originally posted by kaze0
It's the live version and I've tried playing it on my XBox, Toshiba SD1200, dvd-rom, and ps2 and no luck.
Put it on your DVD-Rom and see if windows explorer reads the contents of the disc.

Jackskeleton 06-16-03 12:53 PM

One last one. - Static

either way. try sending it back. I think they will know the reason you are sending it back... ;)

Static Cling 06-18-03 09:40 AM

Just because I go away for a few days doesn't mean that everyone can start threadcrapping. :) Please stick to the thread topic... defects in the disc, not discussion of movie quality (which belongs in Movie Talk).

Revoltor 06-20-03 12:34 PM

Mine works.

I got my copy of the movie from DDD yesterday and noticed that it was already open. The security sticker was still intact though.

There was also a fingerprint or two on the disc which leads me to believe that they're checking all the discs that ship in light of the defect news. I wish they'd tell me beforehand though. Oh well.

Great disc anyway.

Scott27 07-30-03 11:56 PM

I got this a couple months ago from DDD. I watched some of it at the time, and it seemed to work fine. But I finally got around to watching it tonight and about mid-way through (about chapter 12, or so), I started seeing minor pixelation. Then by chapter 15, the pixellation and (especially) skips made it unwatchable. Looks like I'll be giving DDD a call tomorrow.

BBEANLPHIE 07-31-03 12:46 AM

I had a copy of a defective copy and what DDD can do is actually test a copy of the movie in there warehouse and send you a working copy. The one I first recieved did not work in any player so I called DDD and they said they can open a copy in the warehouse and send me a working copy. So today I got my working copy and played it thru on my Xbox Perfect!

fumanstan 07-31-03 02:41 AM

I bought this from Circuit City and it won't play on my PC. My DVD drive just spits it out. On my friend's DVD player (where i first opened the package and watched it) it plays but with minor pixelation here and there.

myrdh 07-31-03 07:08 AM

My copy from DDD refuse to play in all 3 players (Pioneer, Pioneer, JVC). For $6.30, i don't want the hassle of returning it. Where can I get a copy to actually work?

boston george 07-31-03 09:31 AM

Originally posted by myrdh
My copy from DDD refuse to play in all 3 players (Pioneer, Pioneer, JVC). For $6.30, i don't want the hassle of returning it. Where can I get a copy to actually work?
My friend just got a perfectly working copy from the 5.88 bin at Wal-Mart.