DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   September DVD news from paramount (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/298379-september-dvd-news-paramount.html)

Bacon 06-11-03 01:37 PM

September DVD news from paramount

from the digitalbits

And on the Paramount front, look for a great batch of catalog titles in September, as well as a couple of new TV offerings. On the way are Regarding Henry, Nobody's Fool, Losing Isaiah, Milk Money, An Almost Perfect Affair, Leap of Faith, Campus Man, I.Q. and The Homecoming, as well as C.S.I.: Season Two and MTV Cribs.

Regarding Herny and maybe IQ

gutwrencher 06-11-03 03:14 PM

dont see one thing I want from that batch-o-discs.:mad:

DonnachaOne 06-11-03 03:29 PM

MTV Cribs the same month as Scarface?

RAPPER: "Here's my DVDs... I got SCARFACE..."

ME AT HOME: "Well so do I, and my version's better!"

marty888 06-11-03 03:58 PM

I think it's time for Paramount to move on to another barrel .... they're at the bottom of this one already.

Adrian L 06-11-03 04:09 PM

Scary list. Retarded Henry? No thanks. Leap of Faith maybe. Hopefully, October might have a little more sizzle.

bigE 06-11-03 04:29 PM

Not exactly bustin down the vault door @ Paramount!?!?

...I'll pass

DarthMaul420 06-11-03 04:33 PM

Ritz

Bill Geiger 06-11-03 05:48 PM

Would love a Dead Man On Campus anamorphic transfer as well as Private Parts.... and finish off the Star Treks. Sadly, we get greats such as I.Q. Yippie! :(

Pants 06-11-03 05:52 PM

Originally posted by Bill Geiger
Would love a Dead Man On Campus anamorphic transfer as well as Private Parts.... and finish off the Star Treks. Sadly, we get greats such as I.Q. Yippie! :(
Don't you mean Wahoo!

Anyway, that list is nothing but crap. They'll probably be priced at $29.99 and not include a trailer.

valkyrie 06-11-03 06:11 PM

YES! Nobody's Fool and Regarding Henry. Both on my "most anticipated" list. Great news.

MaudlinHarold 06-11-03 07:02 PM

Nobody's Fool?

Nobody's Fool? Paul Newman? "Wahoo!" Since it's Paramount I'm not worried about sound or video, but like others I can only hope that it is reasonably priced and has something more than just a trailer. Nevertheless, I may as well fork over the cash now.

Nice tidbit for a rough day:)

Sunday Morning 06-11-03 07:08 PM

eeek. Not exactly a great batch considering how many much more better titles paramount still has in their catalogue that they havent gotten around to release.

I'm pretty sure regarding henry won't hold up (haven't seen it in years) But I might give it a rent.

I will be getting C.S.I. season 2. Damn fine show.
Oh, and, campus man. because I am weird like that.

randyba 06-11-03 09:43 PM

Regarding, Regarding Henry. The Physical Therapy scenes in that movie were just too goofy. They are not believable nor are they true to real life. Because of that I just could not get into that movie. Not much else on that list to peak my interest. I guess that is a good thing since thier is a bunch of DVDs coming out in that august september time frame.

garmonbozia 06-11-03 09:46 PM

Well I am extremely excited about CSI Season 2.

at least we don't have to wait a whole year between tv show releases on dvd like with a lot of other networks....

Deckard-10 06-11-03 10:10 PM

Bout time they released I.Q.. &nbsp The rest of that list doesn't look too good though.

calhoun07 06-11-03 10:13 PM

Leap of Faith is one more off my ever shrinking wish list, so I am happy about that one!!

But what I am really wondering about is where are the announcemnets for Cheers and Frasier Season two?

Khan 06-12-03 05:08 AM

If you're not looking forward to the release of Nobody's Fool then you very, very probably haven't seen it yet. You should.

Sepen 06-12-03 05:49 AM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
dont see one thing I want from that batch-o-discs.:mad:
CSI Season 2. :)

djones6746 06-12-03 05:50 AM

Milk Money is a good flick....

Is The Homecoming the original Walton's Xmas movie? If so..that is a buy for me also. :)

I.Q. is a good flick also...just saw that listed.

BTW...I love how people want to characterize movies as crap. If you do not like a movie fine......move on with life. There are others who probably do like the movie and may think some of the movies YOU watch are crap also but to each his own. Please provide a detailed review of these movies YOU call crap and explain why you do not like the movie. Then give us an example of what you find to be a "GREAT" movie in relation to the history of film.

wendersfan 06-12-03 09:49 AM

Re: September DVD news from paramount

Originally posted by Canadian Bacon
from the digitalbits

And on the Paramount front, look for a great batch of catalog titles in September, as well as a couple of new TV offerings. On the way are Regarding Henry, Nobody's Fool, Losing Isaiah, Milk Money, An Almost Perfect Affair, Leap of Faith, Campus Man, I.Q. and The Homecoming, as well as C.S.I.: Season Two and MTV Cribs.

So nice to see that Paramount has found even more films to release instead of The Conformist and 1900. And I shudder to think of how many great Paramount films from the '30's are yet unreleased.

Pants 06-12-03 10:20 AM

Re: Re: September DVD news from paramount

Originally posted by wendersfan
And I shudder to think of how many great Paramount films from the '30's are yet unreleased.
In all fairness those belong to Universal now, but Paramount still sucks

KKnight 06-12-03 10:24 AM

Nobody's Fool :up: Been waiting for it to be on DVD!

I.Q., Milk Money :)

DVD_O_Rama 06-12-03 10:49 AM

Paramount has begun the process of re-issuing the Friday the 13th films they still have the rights to (1-8). Look for something around 2004. No specs yet, as everything is still up in the air, but they have acknowledged that the wheels are in motion for this to finally happen.

mdc3000 06-12-03 11:23 AM

Nobody's Fool & Regarding Henry!!!!! Hell Yes, been waiting for both of these for quite a while!

mATT

wendersfan 06-12-03 11:24 AM

Re: Re: Re: September DVD news from paramount

Originally posted by Pants
In all fairness those belong to Universal now, but Paramount still sucks
When did the rights change hands? I had always thought Paramount still owned them.