DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   The Right Stuff and Once Upon a Time...availability? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/298331-right-stuff-once-upon-time-availability.html)

SmackDaddy 06-11-03 10:30 AM

The Right Stuff and Once Upon a Time...availability?

Anyone have trouble finding these titles at Wal-Mart or Target? I found none of the Warner 2 disc releases at Wal-Mart. Target had Robin Hood in stock, a listing (but no stock) for Once Upon A Time in America and no listing for The Right Stuff or Giant. Even the Wal-Mart website shows them as out-of-stock.

I was trying to avoid a trip to Best Buy (the closest location to me is a pain in the rear to get in and out of).

Johnny Zhivago 06-11-03 10:36 AM

Well, for what it's worth, my local Best Buy had ~ 50 copies, or more, or each of these on Tuesday morning... So, you may have to inflict some pain on your rear... ;)

Dunno about Wally World or Target... I ordered mine from CH to close an account.

cisco1959 06-11-03 12:36 PM

Picked up both copies at my local Best Buy for $17.49 ea.

aroney 06-11-03 12:39 PM

No luck at Target (2 different stores) and Wal-mart in my area.
Weird, huh? Maybe a shipping delay or some type of glitch.

billy9215 06-11-03 12:39 PM

These threads are so dumb, new releases can be had anywhere, look around for crying out loud!

gutwrencher 06-11-03 12:45 PM

forget about the pain in the ass effort you'll need to make....go to BB and pick them up. my store had tons of these yesterday morning. it always is best to pre-order online any titles you really want.

SmackDaddy 06-11-03 01:22 PM

Originally posted by billy9215
These threads are so dumb, new releases can be had anywhere, look around for crying out loud!
Thanks for the delightful insight. :rolleyes: I'm fully aware that they are available at many other places but none are close to either my work or home. And, Target has the lowest prices on the movies I am looking for (prices not advertised so pricematching is out).

Jason Bovberg 06-11-03 02:39 PM

Originally posted by SmackDaddy
Target has the lowest prices on the movies I am looking for (prices not advertised so pricematching is out).
My local Target also didn't receive copies of "Once Upon a Time," so I just printed their online ad and price-matched at Best Buy. No hassles.

SCHMEGGA 06-11-03 02:56 PM

Best Buy here too.

Xytraguptorh 06-11-03 05:13 PM

My Wal-mart didn't have either. I have them ordered from DDD but I happened to be at Wal-mart so I thought I'd check.

Lamont 06-11-03 06:36 PM

I found "Once Upon A Time..." on Tuesday at the 2nd Target store I went to, and it was an older Target store, not a Super.

tacomantt 06-11-03 07:06 PM

Once Upon a Time In America:

Target had none.
Circuit City was clueless.
Best Buy had pallets full.

Brain Stew 06-11-03 07:27 PM

Are there any at Borders? I was looking forward to picking up OUATIA on Friday.

Cosmic Bus 06-11-03 10:11 PM

Yes, Borders is carrying all four of the new WB 2-disc sets. I picked up Robin Hood, Right Stuff, and OUATIA yesterday.

Red 06-12-03 01:55 AM

No Right Stuff or Once A Upon A Time at the local Walmart either. Though, did find both at Circuit City. But then, I've always had trouble finding new releases of older movies on the day of their release at Walmart. Seems Walmart only has the new releases of movies recently shown in the theaters. For example, on 6/10, there was a ton of Tears Of The Sun at Walmart. And, on 6/3, Walmart had tons of About Schmidt, but no Fame.

Pillowhead 06-12-03 02:16 AM

Pricematched OUATIA at BestBuy. The girl kinda gave me a hassle. She called the nearest Target to see if they had it in stock. I guess she got tired of waiting and gave me it for 17.99. She possibly gave it to me because I also had a cd in my hand too and thought I would've have left without purchasing that as well.

SmackDaddy 06-12-03 07:55 AM

Originally posted by Pillowhead
Pricematched OUATIA at BestBuy. The girl kinda gave me a hassle. She called the nearest Target to see if they had it in stock. I guess she got tired of waiting and gave me it for 17.99. She possibly gave it to me because I also had a cd in my hand too and thought I would've have left without purchasing that as well.
That's another reason I don't care to go to Best Buy unless they already have the lowest price on something I want. They(at least the store I go to) have to make a big production over price matching.

BTW, The Wal-Mart mangager is giving me a copy of The Right Stuff for free, when they get it in, since their DVD section was such a mess and their DVD's weren't stocked at all Tuesday. :thumbsup:

Cosmic Bus 06-12-03 08:46 AM

BTW, The Wal-Mart mangager is giving me a copy of The Right Stuff for free, when they get it in, since their DVD section was such a mess and their DVD's weren't stocked at all Tuesday.
Nice deal! The Wal-Mart here rarely has stuff out on the shelves on Tuesdays, it always takes until sometime Wednesday. So to compensate, I usually help myself to the next week's street date boxes when they're not looking. ;) Picked up NARC last night... :D

wendersfan 06-12-03 09:52 AM

My local Target has plenty of copies of Once Upon A Time in America. $17.99...