American Pie 'beneath the crust' news

Old 06-11-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

American Pie 'beneath the crust' news

Ok, I saw the cover art for the new American Pie re-re-releases. Looks like the 'beneath the crust' feature comes packed in a separate amaray case. It also looks like both sets will contain a free pass to see 'american wedding'.

I may pick Amer. Pie 2 up this time, if American Wedding actually looks funny and this 'beneath the crust' feature is actually something substantial and not some 20min featurette.
Old 06-11-03, 10:41 AM
Banned

You know, I'd love to get these extra features but i'm not buying AGAIN.
Old 06-11-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Any word yet as to what exactly the 2 Beneath the Crust discs have?
Old 06-11-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Check It Out Here:
http://www.dvdangle.com/editorial/index.html

OR just read:

-----
Release News: Some more news has surfaced from Universal regarding their American Pie re-packs. As I mentioned before, both American Pie and American Pie 2 would be repackaged and bundled with exclusive DVD's (Beneath the Crust Vol. 1 & 2)...but that's not all. Universal will be re-releasing the various American Pie: Collector's Edition DVD's (which were previously discontinued with the release of American Pie: Ultimate Edition). There will be 4 varieties of American Pie Collector's Edition -- each packaged 2 different ways for a total of 8 (yep, 8) releases -- priced at $26.98 each. The only difference in the ways the discs will be packaged are side-by-side or overlapping (that's it, that's all). In any event, all 4 of the original AP: CE releases will be back cluttering up store shelves. The same will be true for American Pie 2: Collector's Edition. As for the new bonus discs, they will contain the following (to quote from the official press release):

Beneath the Crust: Volume 1 – The Essential Ingredients of American Pie presents a tour of American Pie locations including: Shooting the Infamous Pie Scene, The Tongue Tornado, Bathroom Etiquette, “Say My Name”, The Tube Sock Story, Nadia Vision, and The Infamous Pale Ale.

Beneath the Crust: Volume 2 – Missing Pieces: The Lost American Pie 2 Scenes reveals lost storylines including: The Main Ingredients, The Temptation of Oz, The Big One, Stifler’s Dad Moves In, and The Solution: Bringing the Pieces Together.
-----

The beneath the crust sounds pretty interesting. But I'm not gonna buy em again.
Old 06-11-03, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seems like stuff that was shot before the release of the first DVDs, and should have been included then. Definitely not worth buying AP and AP2 again for that. If Universal was smart, they'd sell each Beneath the Crust disc for, like, $5 each. I MIGHT buy them then, but that would be the only way.
Old 06-11-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The only reason I would buy one of these re-rereleases is if the first film had a new transfer, which I doubt. The existing transfer is awful and would be worth upgrading.
Old 06-11-03, 11:20 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Great news if you somehow missed all the previous releases, but otherwise... it's annoying that they conveniently forgot to add this new footage in the dozen or so other releases. I'm interesting in seeing the Stifler's dad footage, but I'm not gonna rebuy this for it. They shouold just package these two volumes together for $10 (or $15 if they include the movie ticket). Then they could also throw in the American Wedding promo fluff and call it a day.
Old 06-12-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think they should've just thrown the 2 "Beneath The Crusts" on the AP3 DVD. That'd be nice extra and a great way to finish off the trilogy by looking back at the first 2.
Old 06-12-03, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aw man.. I really want to see those Stifler's Dad stuff. There was a deleted scene where he patted Finch on the back and becuase he was doing tantric, he was telling Stifler that his dad gae him the best orgasm of his life.. or something like that..
Old 06-12-03, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I own these both already on the Unrated CE DVDs and will not be re-buying either. I mean I like the movies and all but come on.

And Mr. Salty, were the transfers really that bad? I haven't watched these discs in a while but I don't remember them being horrible. I guess the current releases will have to tide me over until the inevitable HD-DVD trilogy boxset
Old 06-12-03, 01:45 PM

I'm guessing that the REAL motivation for this repackage/rerelease is to get those free passes for American Wedding out there. This has definitely become a major trend (LOTR:EE, X-Men 1.5, Harry Potter, Matrix Reloaded pass, etc) and I'm wondering just how much of an impact it's really making on opening weekend figures.
Old 06-12-03, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MasterCXtreme
I think they should've just thrown the 2 "Beneath The Crusts" on the AP3 DVD. That'd be nice extra and a great way to finish off the trilogy by looking back at the first 2.
Knowing our luck, it might just happen.
Old 06-12-03, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The transfer on all version of American Pie have serious brightness issues. It is like they filmed everything at dusk.
If you saw it in the theaters, or even watch the trailer, you will see how it is supposed to look.

American Pie 2 did not have this problem.

Looks like a QC guy fell asleep at the switch and Universal doesn't want to admit anything (or else they would have another Back to the Future on their hands).

Doug
Old 06-12-03, 06:16 PM

Darn... I rebought the AP:UE for deleted scenes, and I want to see the AP2 deletions as well.

Actually, I'm also very annoyed by the fact that the weird UE packaging means AP1 & 2 don't sit together on my shelf. Almost annoyed enough to buy these re-releases and keep the UE disc to put in the AP1 case. Almost.
Old 06-12-03, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by boston george
And Mr. Salty, were the transfers really that bad?
As Doug Schiller wrote, the transfer on "American Pie" is way too dark. It's very muddy and flat looking, a real disappointment.
Old 06-12-03, 08:09 PM
Banned

I'm gonna throw this one out there. Since the original American Pie 2 was only a 1 disc set....i MAY pick up that one to get the two discs...IF it has a coupon for AP3. I could then just sell the regular disc version on Ebay.

As for AP1, I remember the collectors edition being 2 discs already. Does that mean that 1 with BTC is going to be 3 discs???
Old 06-12-03, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

American Pie II has a good picture - I have no issues with it.

Now, the first movie was a definite screw-up. Way too dark.

Actually, I'm also very annoyed by the fact that the weird UE packaging means AP1 & 2 don't sit together on my shelf.
I feel the same. I have thought about selling the UE and getting the Collector's Edition from Columbia House as an enrollment.
Old 06-12-03, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc
I'm gonna throw this one out there. Since the original American Pie 2 was only a 1 disc set....i MAY pick up that one to get the two discs...IF it has a coupon for AP3. I could then just sell the regular disc version on Ebay.

As for AP1, I remember the collectors edition being 2 discs already. Does that mean that 1 with BTC is going to be 3 discs???
The CE was 1 disc, the UE was 2 discs and the 2nd disc was pretty much just the full frame version plus some deleted scenes. I'm -almost- interested in these sets though because I love the movies. I'm thinking if there's a good price, I'll do it and put my currents on ebay. Hell, I'm already taking the GF to see American Wedding and 2 free tickets plus the new discs. It could almost be worth it.
Old 06-12-03, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Third release of AP? For crying out loud!
Old 06-12-03, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
This is the main reason why I didn't buy American Pie 2 when it came out.
Old 06-12-03, 09:46 PM

Double Dipping yet again.
Old 06-12-03, 10:37 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Okay, I haven't bought either of these yet.

What's the difference between the CE and UE? And will the UE stuff be on the Beneath the Crust disc?

I'm just wondering how many different versions you'd have to buy to have the whole pie.

-- Jough
Old 06-12-03, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

<------- in the same boat... errrr....pie plate as jough
Old 06-12-03, 10:45 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Hey, my title says "DVD Talk Special Edition" now. Does that mean my opinion carries more weight?

-- Jough
Old 06-12-03, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Naw, it just means this is a pay site for you now. Your credit cards are currently being "evaluated"

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.