Search

Night Of The Living Dead: ME going OOP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-03, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by willc8
gotta go return 20 dvds now
Funny stuff
I like to stop by a few pawn shops every once in a while and yesterday I finally struck some gold. They had a copy of NOTLD ME for $7.50 and I figured even if it isn't going out of print at this price it is worth a look.

I'm impressed with the transfer, I compared it back to back with the cheapo free copy that came with Total Movie Magazine and the difference was amazing. Enjoying that alone is worth the 7 bucks.
Old 06-19-03, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the special edition were John Russo made new music and shot a bunch of new scenes! it sucks!
Old 06-20-03, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
At the Zombie Jamboree in 1993, Romero said it was filmed in Black and White specifically because they had enough money in the budget for either high quality 35mm B&W film or mediocre 16mm color film. They decided to go with the higher quality B&W film. The distribution company duped it for release prints on crappy 35mm B&W film stock.

As to the framing, keep in mind this was Romero's first feature and all his experience had been with making commercials and industrial films, in 1.33:1.