Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Why do they have DVD sets for sale when 1 is never wanted?

Why do they have DVD sets for sale when 1 is never wanted?

Old 06-11-03, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I felt good like seeing "Star Wars" in 1976.
Quite a feat!

BTW, I like all the Indy movies, though I don't think the middle chapter is nearly as good, it has a few flaws.
Old 06-13-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by danol
I have so many movies to watch and so little time to watch them.
Danol do you think you could post your collection online on Guzzlefish or DVD Aficionado? I would be really interested in seeing what you have.
Old 06-13-03, 11:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's not talk harsh about the Back To The Future Trilogy DVD. We've done plenty of that already.
Old 06-13-03, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by collven
Just remember, Spielberg wanted to release each movie individually, but was shot down by the studio. I think the plan was 1 a year until the new Indy movie was out, and then release the box set with all 4 movies. I think this would have been the way to go, since I'm not a huge fan or the 2nd or the 3rd movie. I just really want the original. Besides, you know when the 4th movie is release, they are going to release another box set. I definitely won't buy another box set, and would hate to have the 4th movie just sitting by itself next to the trilogy box set.
If thats the case then I'm Spielberg didnt get his way. I've waited long enough for these movies.
Old 06-13-03, 03:51 PM

Re: Why do they have DVD sets for sale when 1 is never wanted?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by danol
Back to the Future Trilogy you just couldn't buy 1, you had to buy the first best and 2 stinkers, Now here comes Jones, Indiana and we have to but the crappy second Temple of Gloom or Doom, it sounds they ought to hit over the head with a broom.

Why not let the buyers of DVD have their pick, not the film company. Soon it will be all 10 Star Trek or all this or all that when you only like certain ones.

I think it should be the buyers choice not the other way around, what do you think?

What? Wha the hell are you saying, I can't understand you because you don't use proper sentence structure.
Old 06-13-03, 04:30 PM
Banned

I usually buy complete series but I think those who don't want to should have the option of buying seperate titles. I even think it's acceptable to put an exclusive bonus disc or something in the box set for the die-hard fans. My stance on buying movies I don't like from series I do like is this: if I like the majority of the films, I'll buy the bad ones, but if I like half or less of the series, I'll only buy the ones I want. For example, with the "Superman" and "Batman" series, I only like the first two out of the four movies, so I'd only buy the ones I like. In the case of "Planet of the Apes", I like 4 out of the 5 movies (the last one is inexcusably terrible) but since I want to own the first 4 I'll go ahead and get all 5 (even though it's really a non-issue with "Apes" because the sequels are only available in the box set). I love "Alien" and "Aliens" and "Alien3" has it's moments so I'll be buying the "Quadrilogy", and I also love the complete BTTF trilogy and Indy trilogy, so I don't mind buying the box sets, but I'd be pissed if I had to buy "Superman" 3&4 or "Batman" 3&4 to get the first two entries.
Old 06-13-03, 04:57 PM
Suspended

Location: Sonoran Desert; a place where it doesn't matter whether or not one can pronounce Donnacha.
Re: Why do they have DVD sets for sale when 1 is never wanted?

P.S. I think that is why CD made at the mall was the stle, you pick out what songs you want put the money in and presto you have what you want hear. I was more devious by recording what I put it on 'line' below your channel 2 on your VCR with no video signal input recording in EP, just music on a T-200 would give you a 10 hour party tape of what ever you want to record out of your collection, Vhs goes bad in video but the sounds lasts a lot longer if you don't use a ratshack bulk eraser like I have.
Moderators, please move to Danol Forum.
Old 06-13-03, 06:39 PM
Rest in Peace

Brainstew

Originally posted by Brain Stew
Danol do you think you could post your collection online on Guzzlefish or DVD Aficionado? I would be really interested in seeing what you have.

Do you know what your asking for, I have as of today, 1,278 Region 1, 185 Regions 2 & 4, I just bought one yesterday, I have $300 worth coming from Australia and I have 5 trades in the mail coming at me.

To keep up with me I would have to be your friggin neighbor, best thing you can do is go to DVD exchange look what I have for trade and the wants I have in Vhs. That will give you some ball park sand box, danol style. LOL

P.S. Please vote for last poster to get what he wants and that is a danol forum at weona short for the disabled and elderly apartments AKA We own a Park and are not running on all cylinders, our lights may be on but we ain't home, at least take it as a postive maybe.
Old 06-13-03, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Brainstew

Do you know what your asking for, I have as of today, 1,278 Region 1, 185 Regions 2 & 4, I just bought one yesterday, I have $300 worth coming from Australia and I have 5 trades in the mail coming at me.

Damn that's a lot!
Old 06-13-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Question is.... is every single on of your DVD 16X9 (probably not just curious as to the ratio)? I recall seeing you say in another thread that you aren't a fan.

As for me, it is 16x9 only as my collection shows. Scalling back now... too much junk..