Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Is ANYONE gonna buy the regular Two Towers DVD?

Community
Search

Is ANYONE gonna buy the regular Two Towers DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-03, 12:14 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I'm also getting both.
Old 06-11-03, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah ill buy it - some movies i cant wait an extra 2 months for.
Old 06-11-03, 12:23 AM

I'm gonna get hte regular version. I would get the EE version, but you know, cardboard boxes, ugh. I have to put those on a different shelf, and thats full.
Old 06-11-03, 12:58 AM
Suspended

I'm only getting the 2 disk set.
Old 06-11-03, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I buy the movie at all I will be buying the cheapest one I can get.
Old 06-11-03, 01:27 AM

Originally posted by pixyboi
Of course people are going to buy. Just cause you aren't doesn't mean others will follow suit. What a silly question/thread.
Sorry you think this is a silly thread...simply just finding out how many people are gonna pick it up....wasn't implying what I was choosing was correct or superior. It's all good, don't take these posts too seriously

And I know the 2-disc isn't barebones, but compared to the EE 4-disc one, that's the only way I could put it I guess.
Old 06-11-03, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes.

I will buy each and every version they release!
Old 06-11-03, 07:43 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'll buy both, just like I did with the first film.
Old 06-11-03, 07:45 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I don't see why this thread is really needed?
Because it's a forum and people like to discuss such things related to DVD here :P

I'll probably just get the bare-bones to be honest, I'm not a very big LOTR fan but I have enjoyed the movies. If I can get a good deal on the EE though, I'm all for it.
Old 06-11-03, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by aphex944

I'll probably just get the bare-bones to be honest, I'm not a very big LOTR fan but I have enjoyed the movies. If I can get a good deal on the EE though, I'm all for it.
Same here - nothing more than a really good movie to me, not the second coming.
Old 06-11-03, 07:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
No, I'll wait for the EE. I've bought so many dvd's recently that I'll have a substantial backlog of stuff to watch until November, I'm sure.
Old 06-11-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by PJsig08
Sorry you think this is a silly thread...simply just finding out how many people are gonna pick it up....wasn't implying what I was choosing was correct or superior. It's all good, don't take these posts too seriously

And I know the 2-disc isn't barebones, but compared to the EE 4-disc one, that's the only way I could put it I guess.
I think there was even a recent thread that was a poll on who was going to pick up the 2 disc, the 4 disc, or both.
Old 06-11-03, 08:40 AM

I am

Even for The Fellowship of the Ring, I bought only the theatrical release. Sure it may not have DTS ES, and the extras, but the DD-EX soundtrack is no slouch, but the version I saw in the theatre is the experience that I want to keep in my mind. Seeing these movies in the theatres was special, for me, having that same version on home theatre is what I prefer.

Furthermore, I'm one of those people who don't care that much about extras, so the supplemental material is not overly attractive to me.
Old 06-11-03, 08:42 AM

Re: Is ANYONE gonna buy the regular Two Towers DVD?

Originally posted by PJsig08
After everyone and their mother bought the Extended Edition of LOTR:FOTR, are they expecting people to buy the first, more bare-bones, edition of the Two Towers when it comes out in a couple months?
How about this one: I'm going to pass on both. I was dragged to the movie and was bored out of my skull - thus, no buy for me.
Old 06-11-03, 09:06 AM

I'll be picking up both versions as well as I never even so the Two Towers in the theaters
Old 06-11-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

EE only for me. I rented the Theatrical Release last time to statisfy my need to see the film again, but when the EE of FOTR came out and I saw how much better it was than the TR (coming from a HUGE fan of the books, it was just so much more detailed and complete), I resloved never to buy any of the originals and to wait for the EE of TTT and ROTK.

I might not even rent TTT when it comes out. Its still playing at the Captial Theatre in Arlington, MA which is about four blocks from my apartment. It will play there until ROTK comes out. Just like FOTR played until TTT came out.

Good times.
Old 06-11-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
I'll buy the two disc set, if for no other reason than to justify a, er, shall we say, earlier release of the film.

I'll definitely be getting the extended version as well. This movie will benefit from the additional material even more than FOTR did.
Old 06-11-03, 10:28 AM

Re: Re: Is ANYONE gonna buy the regular Two Towers DVD?

Originally posted by MartyMcSuperfly
How about this one: I'm going to pass on both. I was dragged to the movie and was bored out of my skull - thus, no buy for me.
I hear that...I know a lot of people who felt this way, hell even I did for some of the movie. I had this problem with FOTR too in theatres.

But bless DVD, for some reason in the comfort of my own home FOTR was amazing. So I'm hoping to enjoy TT more as I view it at home...it definitely wasn't the second coming IMO as well.
Old 06-11-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Theatrical version is fine for me.
Old 06-11-03, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
I'll go against the trend and say NO WAY! I loved the EE of FOTR and later received a theatrical version that I've yet to even open. It kills me to re-buy movies (though I've done a lot of upgrading lately) and why people would want to spend even $15 for a version of a film with sub-optimal picture, sound and scant extras when the phenominal 4-disc set is mere months away is beyond me.
Now if someone wants just the movie and doesn't care about DTS or any extras, that's fine. But to buy the 2 disc version with ententions of getting the EE as well? Maybe I'm not as big a fan of the series as some of you, but I just don't get it.

One thing I kinda regret is not getting the FOTR Gift set. At the time, it seemed like a waste of money during the Christmas season. but now I realize how cool all three EE's will look on a shelf with those statues holding them in place. Oh well...
Old 06-11-03, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Just the EE for me. I'll rent the theatrical version to tide me over, which is what I should have done for FOTR...
Old 06-11-03, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2 different version = 2 different buy.

As for same version (same running time), I will not upgrade just because of the extras.
Old 06-11-03, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I will be buying both again. The 2 disk will hold me off until the EE and then I might want to watch the theatrical cut some time down the road and I will still have my 2 disk one.
Old 06-11-03, 01:24 PM

Even though it may kill me, I plan on waiting until the EE comes out to buy it. I managed to wait last year so I am sure I can wait again. Of course at the same time I will be waiting for the Indy trilogy. The wait will be hard but the rewards will be great!!!!!
Old 06-11-03, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.