Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Warner's Strict Free DVD Offer

Old 06-10-03, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man a lot of people who send in the Free DVD Offer for buying three of the 2 discers is going to get screwed. This is what has to be provided:

1. The receipt(s) for EACH of the DVDs purchased. (Not just one with UPCs from the others which is being done a lot lately.)

2. The "D" UPC tab from each disc. ("Oops, sorry you sent the 'A' tab, no disc for you." Ouch this will get a lot of people. It almost got me.)

3. 3.25 Shipping and handling. (Seems fair enough.)

So pay attention to that UPC tab you pull out and hope you can find that receipt for The Color Purple you bought a month ago.

This did not seem to fit in any of the other forums since it really isn't a "bargain."
Old 06-10-03, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't sound like that big a challenge to me ....
Old 06-10-03, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got Giant SE and Once Upon a Time in America SE from a certain on-line store today and both were somewhat damaged. The Giant Dvd package had a hole puntured in the top and the hard plastic part of the Dvd case was broken and one side of the movie dvd had some scratch marks from the broken plastic pieces. OUATIA, both Dvd's were loose and had some scratch marks on both disc's. There was nothing wrong with the way they were packaged and they did come Fed Express in seperate packages.

As for the coupon, OUATIA had the offer on the outer packaging but is not listed as a eleigble title while Giant had no offer on it.
Old 06-10-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My OUATIA didn't have the sticker. I have the Color Purple and can't find my recipt...
Old 06-11-03, 03:40 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does the offer have a start date whereby DVDs purchased before it would not qualify?
Old 06-11-03, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by eau
Does the offer have a start date whereby DVDs purchased before it would not qualify?
I buy all my DVDs online. It's pretty easy to change the date on an electronic receipt.
Old 06-11-03, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Three years ago when WB had those free DVD offers in with most of their titles, it had the exact same setup. I don't see whats hard about it.
Old 06-11-03, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally posted by eau
They have to be purchased on or AFTER 6/11/03. So my Mission DVD that I bought last month doesn't count. SUCKS!!!
Old 06-11-03, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Piece of ****... Warner has the promo stickers on the dvds, but the offer is not valid in Canada... and I just bought almost all of these special editions....bastards!

MATT
Old 06-11-03, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by JoeyOhhhh
Three years ago when WB had those free DVD offers in with most of their titles, it had the exact same setup. I don't see whats hard about it.
I never said that there was anything hard about it. I just said it was strict. I can just see a bunch of people not getting their free DVD because of something stupid like putting an "A" tab rather than a "D" tab in the envelope. I just thought that I would let people know about it before they screwed-up. I didn't mean to infer that it was hard. Please forgive me.
Old 06-12-03, 02:42 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Who's handling the promotion? Is it a El Paso or Grand Rapids address (or some place else)?
Old 06-12-03, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by eau
Who's handling the promotion? Is it a El Paso or Grand Rapids address (or some place else)?
Grand Rapids
Old 06-12-03, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The terms on Amazon are much nicer than those posted above. They indicate no purchase by date or requirement for sales receipt.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...182692-3070251

Of course, I have already bought all of the titles except for Robin Hood (which is on its way), and none of them had the "official certificate" inside.
Old 06-12-03, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Reminds me of the thing a month or so ago with Young Guns. If I bought the Young Guns SE (I did) with one of a variety of other SEs from Aristan I could get $5 back. I had bought the Stargate one when it came out so I decided to try and send that recipt too (which I still had). Eventhough I did not find a buy-after date, they quickly rejected it.

I'm guessing Warners will do the same thing. Since OUATIA doesn't seem to count, if you bought all the discs you wanted when they came out, you're screwed it seems. But no harm in trying, right?
Old 06-12-03, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by ernestrp
As for the coupon, OUATIA had the offer on the outer packaging but is not listed as a eleigble title while Giant had no offer on it.
I got excited when I saw the sticker on my OUATIA (since I also got The Right Stuff and The Mission and figured I'd send in for Giant). But then I opened the sticker and saw that OUATIA isn't one of the titles listed in the promotion. So then, why in h&ll did they put the sticker on it???

Last edited by Skorp; 06-12-03 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-12-03, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Skorp
...So then, why in h&ll did they put the sticker on it???

Easy! To make you buy the others so you can use the ticket. $$$