Community
Search

Original OOP Bug's Life Collector's Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-03, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Original OOP Bug's Life Collector's Series

I ran across the original two disc A Bug's Life Collector's Series at a Border's in Anytown, USA (to throw collector's off the scent), and I was wondering if anyone here knew if there was still a market for this disc since it was just re-released? Any info would be appreciated.

BTW, not necessarily for re-sale but as trade bait as I dislike people hoarding discs as much as the next guy...

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-03, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
"to throw collector's off the scent.." ?

don't you mean to throw hoarders off the scent..?

regardless, read the DVD Talk review and you'll see it's basically a re-package/price. It seems the only difference between the two [besides the cover/disc art] is the "Finding Nemo" thing..
Old 06-09-03, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's still priced at the original $49.99, but looking it up in their computer put it at $25.99 plus the upcoming 10% off coupon I may just get it for the heck of it. I hate it when there is added fluff such as a preview for "Finding Nemo"...but that's just me.
Old 06-09-03, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

From what I've read, it's the same dvd except it has the Finding Nemo featurette. As long as everything else is there, I will take a little fluff for a lower price. I doubt the original version will hold a premium price with this version in circulation.
Old 06-09-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
The new DVD also has a new DVD-Rom game for the kiddies. Those are the only changes.

I would not pay extra for the old disc unless you believe that the slight alteration to the cover art design will make it collectible. Seems unlikely to me.