Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

New Family Guy DVD / Series News

New Family Guy DVD / Series News

Old 06-05-03, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW, this was mentioned on Fox News tonight right before O Reilly, so this may be more legit and inked out than we think/know!
Old 06-05-03, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by MartyMcSuperfly
Oooh - a whole 20 seconds gone from the show. Big deal. I'd rather have 7 hours of pleasure (missing 45 seconds) vs not getting the 7 hours of pleasure because I skipped out. Either way, it's not going to bring the missing 45 seconds back right?
I agree. And I hope this movie gets made. With the show's popularity on the Cartoon Network, I'm sure the exec's are more willing take a chance on it.
Old 06-05-03, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Judging by the sales numbers and constant sellouts, I think that this will DEFINITELY happen
Old 06-06-03, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Class316
Sorry, but I refuse to have censored [legal] DVDs on my shelf. DVDs are supposed to be free from the burden of TV and be fully intact!! The only exception is the Vista Who Framed Roger Rabbit DVD which I found at a good price. And I probably wouldn’t have gotten it if the finger scene were not mostly intact (and also available in the trailer).
Who cares???

So you'd rather miss out on HOURS of entertainment because of a few altered seconds?? The Baby Herman thing is so quick you can't tell the difference anyways.
Old 06-06-03, 08:13 AM

I read about this last weekend I guess and it's great news.

I also started enjoying the Family Guy as a new fan when the DVDs came out. I never watched it on TV, but the recommendations were so high in the various DVD/home theater forums, I watched an ep on Cartoon Network. That one ep was so funny (can't remember which one it was) I ran out and bought the DVDs the next day. The show is hilarious!

I would love to see a feature film on DVD. Without question, I would pick that up in a heartbeat.
Old 06-06-03, 12:16 PM
Cool New Member

Man I love this show (i just discovered it on DVD) I'll buy the movie, the second volume, and whatever else they come out (as long as it doesn't break the bank)
Old 06-06-03, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Let's hope that any movie keeps that charm that made the series so great! Hell, if South Park:BLU was a hit, there is no reason why this one shouldn't be as well.
Old 06-06-03, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
I agree.