Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

"Once And Again" Season 2??

Old 05-31-03, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know if Buena Vista are planning on releasing season 2 of this fine tv show sometime soon??..

Season one came out Nov 5th(?) it's now been 6 months and I haven't heard anything about seasons 2 and 3

Cheers!
Old 05-31-03, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Season 1 of Felicity came out the same day, and Season 2 is coming on 7/22. No word on OAA though. I've never seen the show; I have the Season 1 set (I found it on eBay for $32 shipped, and couldn't resist) but I haven't watched it yet.

Rob

Last edited by RobCA; 05-31-03 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-01-03, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

(lifted from mscl.com forums)

Here's a quote from the OAA mailinglist (from April):

today i called buena vista home entertainment (BVHE) in burbank and once and again inquired as to the possible release of seasons 2 and 3 of o/a on dvd, and was informed that there was no news at this time, but to check back on a monthly basis.

i also inquired as to the sales stats for the season one dvd, and was informed that buena vista doesn't make such stats public, but that such info could be obtained independently of buena vista from other sources.
Old 06-01-03, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

fnordby,

Thanks for the info. This doesn't sound like good news. I don't understand these studios that committ to releasing shows than stop after one season( e.g Mary Tyler Moore). Why even bother in the first place
Old 06-01-03, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by shanester
fnordby,

Thanks for the info. This doesn't sound like good news. I don't understand these studios that committ to releasing shows than stop after one season( e.g Mary Tyler Moore). Why even bother in the first place
No problem.

Agreed, I can not understand studios releasing only 1 season of something. The sales numbers can not be that bad on Once & Again. I never watched this on TV and recently bought Season 1 after my girlfriend saw and episode and said it was good. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing the rest on DVD. Hopefully there will be news on this soon.
Old 06-02-03, 05:10 AM

This is one of the best shows of the last decade, one of the rare few that consistently make you feel something. If you follow the show the ending of the second series in particular is incredible.

I have most of the episodes on VHS already but bought the first series anyway and would buy the others too for sure.
Old 06-02-03, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I originally thaught this was a "chick" show but it`s so much more than that. It's kind of like a soap opera for adults.

.And oohh baby that Sela Ward is eye candy

Come On Beuna Vista stop jerking us around release the other two seasons..please!