DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Does this day mark the official end of the Good Burger jokes? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/295024-does-day-mark-official-end-good-burger-jokes.html)

MJKTool 05-28-03 04:54 PM

Wow I cant believe that there are actually people in this thread admitting that they bought this movie! :p

Damfino 05-28-03 05:13 PM

Deep Discount is in the spirit of the occasion, they've placed a banner ad here promising the lowest on line price for DVDtalkers!

This is not the end. It's a new beginning!

jessecrx 05-28-03 05:45 PM

I am going to buy it but its going to be a bitter sweet moment. It's hard to explain....

If you don't understand then don't try to. It's like being a part of a brotherhood here at DVDTalk. The countless threads, the unforgettable jokes.....

Goodburger 0wnz J00!!

http://kingwoodcable.com/jcardenas/ownedlol.jpg

devilpants 05-28-03 06:15 PM

Now it's time to demand for the release of "Disorderlies" (The Fat Boys hospital comedy).

Max Bottomtime 05-28-03 08:06 PM

I'm holding out for the big head cover.

ctyankee 05-28-03 08:14 PM

Originally posted by waskydiver
Sorry... not until there is a Criterion version.
Agreed. No possible rest until the Criterion release happens.

Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger! Can I take your order?!

DeanoBKN 05-28-03 11:18 PM

"I'm holding out for the big head cover."

LOL you guys are too much. HEY! maybe Artisan can pick up the rights and release it in a tin can shaped like a hamburger! Just like they shipped Total Recall in a Mars shaped can.

Mr. Kite! 05-28-03 11:35 PM

Originally posted by jough
Oh, but there is:

http://jough.com/dvdfile/GoodBurger.jpg

I've gotten a lotta use out of that image on these boards...

Only 4 discs? WTF??

SPiRAL 05-28-03 11:37 PM

Ed to Shaq : " Consider yourself , tomatoed. "

Toofpaste 05-28-03 11:37 PM

Why didn't stores like Best Buy, Fry's, Wal Mart, or Circuit City have this available on the release date??

I had to end up getting it at the mall, overpaying ($21.99), and getting it on a Wednesday of all things.

But I guess it ends up being worth it, being that [in Bill Walton voice] Good Burger will go down in history as one of the best selling dvds of all tiiiiiime. Throw it down, Kenan!

PixyJunket 05-29-03 08:04 AM

Originally posted by SPiRAL
Ed to Shaq : " Consider yourself , tomatoed. "
Shaq to Ed: "You're not like other people, are you?"

krustytheclown 05-29-03 08:05 AM

Originally posted by Mr. Kite!
Only 4 discs? WTF??
I think most people are waiting for the 8 disc version with the limited edition bookends...

http://www.highhopes.com/hamburg0.jpg

PixyJunket 05-29-03 08:31 AM

Man how the times have changed. I remember when the joke first started the specs I created for the 1 disc special edition were off the charts!! Now the joke has evovled to 4 and 8 disc sets!! Kind of shows you how DVD has grown, er, sort of..

jough 05-29-03 02:27 PM

There will never be an end to "Good Burger" jokes. Not on *these* forums, anyway.

But now we need a new mascott for an unavailable DVD of a truly god-awful film.

And "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo" is available now.

What about "Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol"?

-- Jough

DeanoBKN 05-29-03 10:05 PM

How about "Cool As Ice"?

Dean

mljones99 05-29-03 10:35 PM

I wanna know where my Howard the Duck Criterion is!!!

kilcher 05-30-03 05:49 AM

Seriously, Problem Child 2 is one of my favorite movies. After seeing what you guys did to get Good Burger out on DVD I would be honored and thrilled if you adopted PC2 as your next project!

Dacoops3 05-30-03 02:25 PM

Originally posted by kilcher
Seriously, Problem Child 2 is one of my favorite movies. After seeing what you guys did to get Good Burger out on DVD I would be honored and thrilled if you adopted PC2 as your next project!
I still cannot believe this isn't out on DVD. This was a very popular movie (I want it too!). Anyone know who has the rights to it?

Damfino 05-30-03 02:40 PM

There will never be an end to "Good Burger" jokes. Not on *these* forums, anyway.

But now we need a new mascott for an unavailable DVD of a truly god-awful film.

Agreed.

How about...

Leonard Part 6
Ishtar
Hamburger... The Motion Picture

jough 05-30-03 03:25 PM

Ishtar isn't a bad film, man.

I want a 3-disc edition for this one - one for the film (superbit), one for supplements, and one for that glorious soundtrack.

Yes, it must be Ishtar. Howard the Duck was a nice choice, too. That Lea Thompson was dang tasty in it.

But Ishtar it must be.

How does one go about setting up one of those petition thingies?

-- Jough

PixyJunket 05-30-03 03:44 PM

Ishtar.. like in the Tower of Druaga and Return of Ishtar arcade games..? Based on the same mythology?

jough 05-30-03 04:44 PM

No no no.

Ishtar. It's a classic 1987 film starring Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty.

It's not yet available on DVD, so it makes a good candidate for "Good Burger" status.

Yep, Ishtar, that's a good burger.

-- Jough

krustytheclown 05-30-03 05:35 PM

Originally posted by Damfino
Agreed.

How about...

Leonard Part 6
Ishtar
Hamburger... The Motion Picture

Hamburger would be the obvious choice - that way we would be sticking to the 'burger' theme that has worked for so long.

DVDProfessor 05-30-03 06:57 PM

GOD LETS HOPE THEY'RE OVER!

THEY'RE STUPID, AND POINTLESS, AND ANNOYING!!!!

PixyJunket 05-30-03 07:22 PM

Originally posted by DVDProfessor
GOD LETS HOPE THEY'RE OVER!

THEY'RE STUPID, AND POINTLESS, AND ANNOYING!!!!

We could try to get that Buffy show on DVD, I hear it's JUST AS GOD as Good Burger, maybe better.. yup. That der dem fish I caught. Yup.

MasterCXtreme 05-30-03 08:40 PM

Okay, now it's over. This joke has ran thinner than Pauly Shore. Someone END this thread.

Cardinal Fang 05-30-03 09:23 PM

Originally posted by MasterCXtreme
Okay, now it's over. This joke has ran thinner than Pauly Shore. Someone END this thread.
Hey, you clicked on it.

The drawing power of Good Burger knows no bounds!

jough 05-31-03 07:54 PM

No joke DVD will ever be as beautiful as "Good Burger," it's true.

But I'm petitioning for Ishtar now. The songs alone are enough to make you cringe.

-- Jough

DVDProfessor 05-31-03 09:15 PM

Originally posted by pixyboi
We could try to get that Buffy show on DVD, I hear it's JUST AS GOD as Good Burger, maybe better.. yup. That der dem fish I caught. Yup.
What the hell does that mean?

Preacher 06-01-03 05:34 AM

In all the time I have been a member I kept hearing about this movie. Gonna finally have to see it, in all its glory.

SCHMEGGA 06-01-03 08:47 AM

Originally posted by Preacher
...in all its glory.
:lol:

ryuryu2949 06-01-03 03:05 PM

Problem Child Part 2. Gilbert Godfried. Meatball fight. Nuff said. Bring it on!

Drexl 06-03-03 10:16 PM

But now we need a new mascot for an unavailable DVD of a truly god-awful film.

How about Six Pack with Kenny Rogers?

DarthVong 06-03-03 10:25 PM

Goodburger Criterion??? BAH! Where's my Rhinestone Criterion??

"Budwieser you've created a monster, and they called him Drinkenstein!"

kidindy 06-06-03 05:49 PM

Did some stores have this with the orange keepcase?

DrMcKittrick 06-06-03 06:04 PM

Rhinestone: Criterion

Anybody ever hear of a movie called Midnight Madness with Michael J. Fox?? It was about a scavenger hunt called...The Great All Nighter. Great movie.

Doc

Otto 06-10-03 11:02 AM

Yep, it's over. This appeared on my screen today:

http://ads.kleinman.com/ads/deepdisc...goodburger.jpg

So we need a new bad movie. Suggestions? I dislike the 6 pack idea. If only there was a movie called "Top Bunk" we'd be set for life.

stingo 06-11-03 11:01 AM

If only DVDTalk members had something like an Amazon Purchase Circle, it'd be interesting to see where Good Burger places on it.

jough 06-11-03 06:24 PM

Good Burger: The Thread That WILL NOT DIE (tm)

Quake1028 06-11-03 07:04 PM

Just got this yesterday, and it's glorious. Gonna watch it tonight. For the record, I got it from Best Buy, minus the SWANK orange keepcase. Might just have to order one.

Friday: Harriet the Spy!