Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Guys, no Edge Enhancement from T2 EE according to htf screenshots!!

Old 05-23-03, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=141854
This is what many people complained about when it came to the UE.
I'm glad I upgraded.
Old 05-23-03, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 506 Likes on 354 Posts
Yeah, those are pretty good screen shots and they sure show the EE to be an improvement. I already had the UE but for $15, I pre-ordered the EE.

Thanks for the link!
Old 05-23-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also here is the only place to find the dvd for 15 bucks
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=LVD014098
They list it as T2 extreme so it would be a bit tough to find it there, so here is the link to ddd.
Old 05-23-03, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think some people - and you know exactly who you are - are going to have to start eating crow...YES, the Extreme Edition is better looking!
Old 05-23-03, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I always figured Edge Enhancement was a myth by people who couldnt' believe that a DVD looked as good as it did, so they had to come up with something bad for it.
Old 05-24-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
I always figured Edge Enhancement was a myth by people who couldnt' believe that a DVD looked as good as it did, so they had to come up with something bad for it.

Anyone else upgrading or is it that since the ue is so good, this version won't cut it.
Old 05-24-03, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm glad i waited it out, there has been a metal sleeved ultimate edition in a local store for months, and everytime i see it i get tempted... but for $15, you get a much better picture. my roomate has the ue in case i ever want to check it out again. i'm curious about the hd version too.
Old 05-24-03, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dharmesh C said
Highlight "Sensory Control" and press right 5 times. "The Future is Not Set" will appear. Press Enter and see what happens!!!

THEATRICAL CUT is on the EE DVD! Tell me it works, Sam
Anybody who got this early can try this out
Old 05-24-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

well those screen shots look pretty damn good... I wasn't even thinking about buying this new EXTREME edition...but now, I may just pick it up... if it does have the theatrical than I'll ditch my Ultimate...if that code thing doesn't work...then I guess I'll keep both.

MATT
Old 05-24-03, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn I guess I have to get this now. I thought that my UE was enough for me but from the looks of those screenshots the winner is clear. Although I would also like to know if the theatrical cut is on there as it is the version I prefer.
Old 05-24-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

HOLY $HIT
http://thedvdforums.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=3
The Theatrical version IS ON THE EE DVD AS THE EASTER EGG
Highlight "Sensory Control" and press right 5 times. "The Future is Not Set" will appear. Press Enter and see what happens!!!
Old 05-24-03, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome, I guess I will pick this up along with The Animatrix. Will be a busy week.
Old 05-24-03, 11:18 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Awesome!
Old 05-25-03, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Eh...i'm not buying

The picture hardly looked that different to myself,expect for a tiny bit of more detail in a couple of the screen-grabs.

Also since i'm a bigger fan of the original which is the superior film. I will stick with my UE,as it's good enough for me.
Old 05-25-03, 05:30 AM

When you guys say THEATRICAL EDITION as an easter egg on the EE, is this the same version and running time as the extended special edition easter egg on the Ultimate Edition DVD?
Old 05-25-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by CuriousGeorge
When you guys say THEATRICAL EDITION as an easter egg on the EE, is this the same version and running time as the extended special edition easter egg on the Ultimate Edition DVD?
Huh??? The theatrical edition is the version originally shown in theaters. The special edition is the longer version with added scenes. The "extended" special edition is the even longer version (by two scenes) that was an easter egg on the UE. (the UE had all three versions)

What they are saying is that it was originally thought that only the special edition was going to be on the EE. As it turns out, it appears that the theatrical edition is also there as an easter egg.

PS - [Nitpick] How does $15.95 = 15 bucks? Seems that it is closer to 16 bucks [/Nitpick]
Old 05-25-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by moocher
Huh??? The theatrical edition is the version originally shown in theaters. The special edition is the longer version with added scenes. The "extended" special edition is the even longer version (by two scenes) that was an easter egg on the UE. (the UE had all three versions)

What they are saying is that it was originally thought that only the special edition was going to be on the EE. As it turns out, it appears that the theatrical edition is also there as an easter egg.

Thats correct.
Old 05-26-03, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think some people - and you know exactly who you are - are going to have to start eating crow...YES, the Extreme Edition is better looking!
Please brother. I aint eatin anything. No one has denied that the picture would probably look better...but what exactly do you gain from all the extras you lose? A close-up more final crisp shot of the boat?

The debate was never over whether the Extreme edition would look better. The consensus was yes. The debate was over if a better looking version was worth the tradeoffs in (a) DTS (b) extras and (c) 3 different version of the film, including the original cut.
Old 05-26-03, 08:00 AM

Hmm now if there's only a way to synchronize the playback of the DTS soundtrack on the Ultimate Edition while watching the pristine video of the Extreme edition. I've got 2 dvd players in my HT. Bring it on!

unfortunately that would only be the special edition, and not the extended special edition, but that's ok since it will all be available on the T2:FooledYa Edition in 5 years, on HD-DVD. Pre-order up on amazon today!
Old 05-26-03, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Please brother. I aint eatin anything. No one has denied that the picture would probably look better...but what exactly do you gain from all the extras you lose? A close-up more final crisp shot of the boat?
The debate was never over whether the Extreme edition would look better. The consensus was yes. The debate was over if a better looking version was worth the tradeoffs in (a) DTS (b) extras and (c) 3 different version of the film, including the original cut.
Yes, some people were saying that we don't know if the new one would look better. These people were wrong and now can't admit the fact. Doesn't surprise me though.

So, you rather have more extras than a better picture??!?? Based on that logic, VHS would be better than DVD if it had more extras. Interesting.

On any rate, I thought the UE had weak extras.
The DD sounded just as good - maybe slightly better - than the DTS track. And, I would never give away the quality of presentation over extras. Besides, we are getting both cuts of the film now along with the two extra scenes. I'm glad I sold my UE when I did. Now, eat your crow and get your *****ing shine box LOL (sorry, had to throw that in).

Last edited by DavidH; 05-26-03 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-26-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

along with the two extra scenes.

Where did you read that?? That version is not on this dvd.
Old 05-26-03, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So, you rather have more extras than a better picture??!?? Based on that logic, VHS would be better than DVD if it had more extras. Interesting.
Please. The improvement from VHS to DVD is simply stunning. The improved quality of this DVD transfer from the UE transfer is marginal. You would probably need a larger than 50 inch HDTV capable screen to notice any real difference, or if you watched a movie at 300% on your computer and were looking for details on the boat.

I'm glad I sold my UE when I did. Now, eat your crow and get your *****ing shine box LOL (sorry, had to throw that in).

Wow. Thats really mature.
Old 05-26-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The improved quality of this DVD transfer from the UE transfer is marginal. You would probably need a larger than 50 inch HDTV capable screen to notice any real difference, or if you watched a movie at 300% on your computer and were looking for details on the boat.
It is not marginal. The difference will be more noticable as the screen size increases. Yes, 50" will show a very large difference (and it wouldn't have to be HDTV). I have done many comparisons of this nature and the difference is always nice to see.

Some people just don't have the eye, nor the quality and size of the equip., nor their displays calibrated. Yes, some people just don't care --- which is fine.

I look very forward to seeing the differences at home.

Wow. Thats really mature.
No, you just don't have a sense of humor. Loosen up.

Last edited by DavidH; 05-26-03 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-26-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw those screen shots over at HTF and they are really smooth.

Fortunately, I have set a hard limit on triple dipping - none allowed unless I absolutely must have the DVD....which is becoming less and less these days. Too much TV to buy.

Nice job on the video though.
Old 05-26-03, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So now after the dust has settled, what do we gain if we buy the T2 Extreme Edition?...

* New commentary from James Cameron and writer William Wisher

Actually, there wasn't really an OLD commentary. It was a "commentary" cut from interviews already on the UE. That really sucked. So, I'm glad there is an actual commentary now.

* Two NEW documentaries, "No Feat But What We Make" and "T2: On The Set"

While I liked the supplements on the UE, I thought that most of them were pretty old. While that is useful, I wanted more updated material. If I'm not mistaken, there was an interview where Cameron and Arnie talked about the film in retrospect. While that is nice, I want to see these new updated docs.

* Interactive Mode

Thjs kind of feature is a "hate it" or "love it" thing. I can take it or leave it.

* Better Picture

I think we can mostly agree on this.

Well, I guess if none of these new features captures your attention, then I guess this isn't for you. Too bad Artisan didn't package DTS with it though. I guess they're putting all of this on ONE disc? I'm sure if they put all the special features on a separate disc they could fit DTS.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.