Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

will there be more futurama DVDs

Old 05-20-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the first season. Very quality stuff there.

How many seasons are there and can we expect more DVD sets a la the Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. ?
Old 05-20-03, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes one more in sept or august. Same with family guy.
Old 05-20-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Season 2 has been out in r2 (same as the r1 different no mini cases though), since las november. It is being released in R1 in september I belive. I is just as good as season 1 in quality.

Season 3 is being release on June 2nd in r2. I can't wait to get it. Futurama season sets were the reason that I got a region free player
Old 05-20-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They're coming, they're coming. I never got into Futurama though. I liked it, but never really got into it. I'm a huge fan of The Simpsons & Family Guy though.
Old 05-20-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How many seasons are there in total? Something like 4-5, right?
Old 05-21-03, 01:40 AM

There are five seasons total, but Fox may stretch out the final eps to make a sixth season. The next Futurama DVD box set (presumably containing the entire 2nd Season) is supposed to be coming September 2nd and cost $49.98. However, that date (and price) are subject to change.
Old 05-21-03, 03:49 AM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

and if i remeber correctly futurama is technically not canceld, its just that fox hasn't ordered any new episodes and is using all the preempted episodes to form a 6th season. so theres always hope if the dvd sales are high they'll continue futurama
Old 05-21-03, 06:13 AM

There are about 72-75 episodes, so with 13 already out on Volume 1, I guess we can expect about 20 per set from here on, which would bring the total to 4 volumes.
Old 05-21-03, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

season 2 info:
On the DVD: Futurama's four-disc package presents the show in 4:3 with a Dolby Digital soundtrack. Among the many extras here are audio commentaries, storyboards, trailers, mock ads for "Soylent Chow" and "Human Rinds" and deleted scenes, including one from "Bender Gets Made" in which he seeks to evade the Robot Mafia by changing his identity. --David Stubbs

Synopsis
Features every episode from the second season of the television comedy. 'I Second That Emotion', 'Brannigan, Begin Again', 'A Head In The Polls', 'Xmas Story', 'Why Must I Be A Crustacean In Love?', 'The Lesser Of Two Evils', 'Put Your Head On My Shoulders', 'Raging Bender', 'A Bicyclops Built For Two', 'A Clone Of My Own', 'How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back', 'The Deep South', 'Bender Gets Made', 'Mother's Day', 'The Problem With Popplers', 'Anthology Of Interest i', 'War Is The H-Word', 'The Honking' and 'The Cryonic Woman'. 19 eps total

Season 2 artwork (I think this is the vhs, though the artwork is the same as the dvds)

Season 3

season 3 info
On the DVD: Futurama, Series 3 comprises 22 episodes on four discs (see below for complete episode list). As with previous series DVDs the animated menus are a treat and there's a selection of bonus features including deleted scenes, storyboards, selected episode commentaries, animatics, "How to draw" tips and more. Best of all, though, each disc now has a "Play All" facility for the first time. Sheer heaven. --Mark Walker

Synopsis
Features the episodes 'Amazon Women In The Mood', 'Parasites Lost', 'A Tale Of Two Santas', 'The Luck Of The Fryrish', 'The Birdbot Of Ice-Catraz', 'Bendless Love', 'The Day The Earth Stood Stupid', 'That's Lobstertainment', 'The Cyber House Rules', 'Where The Buggalo Roam', 'Insane In The Mainframe', 'The Route Of All Evil', 'Bendin' In The Wind', 'Time Keeps On Slipping', 'I Dated A Robot', 'A Leela Of Her Own', 'A Pharaoh To Remember', 'Anthology Of Interest - Part 3', 'Roswell That Ends Well', 'Godfellas', 'Future Stock' and 'The 30% Iron Chef'.
Old 05-21-03, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: will there be more futurama DVDs

Originally posted by huh?
I purchased the first season. Very quality stuff there.

How many seasons are there and can we expect more DVD sets a la the Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. ?
In case you didn’t know your “quality stuff” DVDs are censored. In Futurama the first episode has “JFK Jr. airport” changed and for the Family guy DVDs the situation is worse (3 episodes have cuts in R1, and 2 are cut in R2)
Old 05-21-03, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The jfk jr joke only aired once.
And for family guy I thought it was two, a Bin Laden joke, and only one Hitler joke, there are many in the series.
Old 05-21-03, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Re: will there be more futurama DVDs

Originally posted by Class316
In case you didn’t know your “quality stuff” DVDs are censored. In Futurama the first episode has “JFK Jr. airport” changed and for the Family guy DVDs the situation is worse (3 episodes have cuts in R1, and 2 are cut in R2)
Been a while since I have seen them but does the R2 Futurama Season 1 have that cut?
Old 05-21-03, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 367 Likes on 261 Posts
Futurama has officially been cancelled, it was listed as such when Fox announced their new shows. I believe there are still seven unaired episodes, which may run this summer.
Old 05-21-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
The jfk jr joke only aired once.
And for family guy I thought it was two, a Bin Laden joke, and only one Hitler joke, there are many in the series.
I think it aired more than once (changed after he died). I even have it on RM. And it’s taken out of the R2 DVD as well.

As for Family Guy, it’s two for R2, 3 for R1

Both R1 and R2 have Bin Laden removed and the Stewie Seig Heil chants muted.

Then there's a VERY funny JFK Pez joke removed from R1 but kept in R2.
Old 05-21-03, 03:34 PM

SO what's the word on Season 3 coming out in the US? Before year-end, maybe?
Old 05-21-03, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
??!?!? Season 3 only has "selected episode commentaries" and not commentaries for ALL episodes?!?! That is wickity whack!

I guess I'll find out for sure in about 2 weeks.
Old 05-21-03, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DrOBoogie1
SO what's the word on Season 3 coming out in the US? Before year-end, maybe?
If S2 is supposedly Sept. 2, I wouldn't count on it before year's end. Most likely first quarter of 2004 though.

I will have mine in a few weeks though that is all that matters to me.