Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

When will the Adaptation SE come out?

Old 05-20-03, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering. I don't want to pick up a bare bones version if a better one is in the works.
Old 05-20-03, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Though we know a Special Edition is in the works... we have as much idea of when it'll be released as we do the Panic Room SE.
Old 05-20-03, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would guess that it will be about one year before the SE is released based on the other Columbia titles that had SE released after the initial barebones release (Mothman Prophecies, Black Hawk Down).
Old 05-20-03, 05:53 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
There hasn't been an SE announced yet, let alone a street date.

So it's impossible to tell.

Of course, a re-release is a matter of when, not if.

But it's already been over a year since Panic Room has been out, and we still haven't seen the SE.

X-Men SE took just over two years to come out.

So if you want to watch the film any time over the next two years, pick up the Superbit. It's cheap (somewhat) and from the review on DVDMG.com, the sound and video is reported to be top-notch.

-- Jough
Old 05-20-03, 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jough

But it's already been over a year since Panic Room has been out, and we still haven't seen the SE.

So if you want to watch the film any time over the next two years, pick up the Superbit. It's cheap (somewhat) and from the review on DVDMG.com, the sound and video is reported to be top-notch.

-- Jough
I'm sorry but I have to intervene. Panic Room is still months away from its 1 year anniversary. The disc streeted in September of 2002.
Old 05-20-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jough

-- Jough
I wouldn't pay more than $15.00 for a bare bones Adaptation, but would prefer to pay 9.99. I don't pay more than 9.99 for bare bones DVDs anymore. There is just so much more coming out that competes for my money, so I will gladly give it to a release that is done right. And "Superbit" isn't a selling factor for me. And, considering the cool special features on Being John Malcovich, I would love to see the SE on this.
Old 05-21-03, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At least Adaptation delivers good audio and video as well as a nice clear case (none of that cardboard stuff) and if you're lucky enough, you'll even get a funny insert. It has DTS and has that ever-so-elusive theatrical trailer which is left off of a lot of DVDs these days.

Although there is no commentary and special features, it's a really good DVD package. Anyway, Being John Malkovich had no commentary and I found the "special features" lacking.
Old 05-21-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jarofclay73
At least Adaptation delivers good audio and video as well as a nice clear case (none of that cardboard stuff) and if you're lucky enough, you'll even get a funny insert. It has DTS and has that ever-so-elusive theatrical trailer which is left off of a lot of DVDs these days.

Although there is no commentary and special features, it's a really good DVD package. Anyway, Being John Malkovich had no commentary and I found the "special features" lacking.
I am not into DTS, so that's not a big deal, and I've been ordering DVDs from over seas for a little while now, so the clear case thing isn't really all that new, and it really isn't that big of a bonus. I will wait for this to drop in price at the store, or for a descent price on a previewed copy at my local video store.
Old 05-21-03, 11:16 AM
Cool New Member

It's cheap (somewhat) ....

The lowest price I could find on this disc is $19.99. To me, that's not cheap. I'm with Cal on this one; I will not pay over $10.00-12.00 on a bare bones release. Especially with all of the releases that we had on Tuesday, there's a lot of competition for my hard earned dollar. I loved Adaptation, but I'll just hold off for the eventual price drop. Just look at the going rate for Being John Malkovich on ebay. You can get it for less than $6.00-7.00 shipped. And the ebay prices for the "Superbit" release of Panic Room are rock bottom as well. If I were a bettin' man, Adaptation will sell for $10-12 on ebay in the next 3-4 weeks.
Old 05-21-03, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^^^picked mine up at BB for $16.99. almost didn't but i figured i like the movie enough that i'd go ahead and get it.