Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Vincent Price Marathon on DVD

Old 05-17-03, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks to MGM Midnite Movies these titles will be released and in my waiting hands on Aug 26. The Raven, The Comedy of Terrors, The Haunted Palace plus maybe a few more. Also on the bill is The Vampire Lovers which is another one i've been waiting for. Throw in The Lord of the Rings 2 and i'll be in the poor house on this date. Also for us Price horror fans it's The House of Wax on Aug 5. August is going to leave me broke... but happy.
Old 05-17-03, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 284 Likes on 211 Posts
You're getting LOTR: TT already? I'm waiting for the 4-discer. Unless there is new stuff on the 2-discer that isnt's on the 4-discer. But if the same stuff is on the 2-discer as the 4-discer, I'm not buying the 4-discer, and will be satisfied with the 2-discer. But the 4-discer has extra footage, so I think I'm going with the 4-discer.
Old 05-17-03, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Three of August's four MM double features are comprised of Vincent Price films:

The Comedy of Terrors / The Raven
The Haunted Palace / The Tower of London
The Tomb of Ligeia / An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe

I've never seen any of them, but I'm sure looking forward to it!

Rob
Old 05-17-03, 10:20 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JOE29

I have something that Vincent Price actully *touched, handled, & autographed*

Vincent's *first* edition 'Treasury Of Great Recipes' autographed by him and his wife in 1965 the year I graduated from High School. Do the math or accept 38 years old in my Sentry Fire Proof Safe.

Believe me Joe that would pay for all your Vincent Price DVD plus, plus, plus!
It's one thing to have a autographed First edition, it's another when it's one of the most popular stars in the Horror
Genre! Boris was sung by Bobby Pickett (Monster Mash) and Bela was buried in his cape, but Vincent wrote his own book on food recipes, and I own what he wrote, touched, and autographed!

This Gem isn't going anywhere until I feel I like selling it, to the highest horrific bidder. Next to Karloff and Bela
he is top in the USA, Remember episode of twilight zone "To Serve Man" or "Haschich Fudge".

I do have the Alice B. Toklas recipe for her marijuana brownies (Canabus sativa) is 1 of the ingredients, AKA "Haschich Fudge". Ever wonder where they got the name to 'toke' a powdered uncut white line (s), now you do. Did you think you had to smoke it to get euphoric (high), now you know 2 things.

Vincent Price the man who rapped the "Thriller" video from Michael Jackson.
I have the Thriller on DVD but the Vincent Price 1st edition explained above is in my Sentry floor fire proof safe.

There are other autographs some personals Sean Connery from "The Molly McGuires"
film set in Jim Thorpe, PA. my old home town and conversation with Connery AKA James Bond. Sean did not write a book, but our Vincent did I assure you, or look it up for your proof. You might find a copy at www.alibris.com OOP books, but I have some other autograph's in the book besides Vincent's which gives me a sharper edge over other sellers.

If of course you can understand my sentences and paragraphs! LOL
Old 05-17-03, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,260 Likes on 920 Posts
Re: JOE29

Originally posted by danol
I do have the Alice B. Toklas recipe for her marijuana brownies (Canabus sativa) is 1 of the ingredients, AKA "Haschich Fudge". Ever wonder where they got the name to 'toke' a powdered uncut white line (s), now you do. Did you think you had to smoke it to get euphoric (high), now you know 2 things.
Well, I think this explains things...

just kiddin there, buddy

Originally posted by danol
If of course you can understand my sentences and paragraphs! LOL
I think this was one of your more lucid posts... or else I'm understanding them better. Either way, keep up the posts.
Old 05-17-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My favorite Vincent Price movie which I already own is The Pit and the Pendulum.
Old 05-18-03, 12:35 AM
Banned

we're running out, most of them will be on dvd now.
Old 05-18-03, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Don't overlook the Edward Scissorhands DVD, with both a nice performance by Vincent and the short claymation film by Tim Burton called "Vincent."