Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Industry news about Joe Kane Productions

Old 05-16-03, 12:55 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Digital Video Essentials" "Is Finally Arriving! We have been notified by Joe Kane that the very first units of Joe Kane Productions' "Digital Video Essentials" in both 1080i and 720p D-VHS D-Theaterô versions will be made available to Widescreen Review. We will have a limited supply of both versions on hand for sale at the Home Entertainment Show in San Francisco, June 6 through 8 at the Westin St. Francis Hotel, for $89.99 each. All the preorders for "DVE" will be filled first and shipped just before or immediately after the Home Entertainment Show, depending on our receiving the first shipment allocation. We are now taking preorders for "DVE" in both versions at www.WidescreenReview.com and www.DVHSMovieGuide.com. The initial production order is extremely limited, so we suggest that if you want to be assured of being amongst the first to own "DVE," order NOW! The first allotment of "DVE" is expected to sell out quickly.
"Digital Video Essentials," the long-awaited follow-up to the best-selling "Video Essentials," is the most advanced program for calibrating today's high-definition displays. Featuring the visual work of renowned cinematographer Allen Daviau ("E.T.-The Extra Terrestrial," "Empire Of The Sun," "The Color Purple"), "DVE" is the one...the only...calibration program that will render all of the other existing calibration discs obsolete. This is an essential resource for calibrating all high-definition displays when the source machine is a JVC HM-DH30000, HM-DH40000, or Marantz MV8300 HD digital VCR.
The DVD version of "Digital Video Essentials" in NTSC and PAL versions will become available July 15. We are now taking preorders for these two DVD versions at $24.99. Please order at www.WidescreenReview.com or www.DVHSMovieGuide.com.
Gary Reber Editor-In-Chief & Publisher Widscreen Review"

Cut, copy, and pasted, none of my 'neato' punctuation used, interested?
Old 05-16-03, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I smell Elderberries
Old 05-16-03, 07:25 PM
X
Administrator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the show!

I hadn't heard about it but now I'm going.
Old 05-19-03, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why pay 25 bucks when you can have it for 18.11 on July 15th?

Digital Video Essentials" provides test signals necessary to set up today's televisions, including plasma and other state-of-the-art screens and home theater systems.
Produced in the 1080 line progressive, 24-frame high definition format, DVE offers:

High-quality conversion to 480p/24 for NTSC and 576p/25 for PAL
"True Progressive Mastering" used in MPEG encoding
1.78 widescreen
Basic, intermediate and advanced levels of video calibration
Red, green and blue color filters
Dolby Digital Pro-Logic, Dolby Digital Surround EX and DTS ES multichannel
audio test signals
More than 50 new video test patterns
1.78 widescreen anamorphic and 1.33 test materials

Source: DVDPRICESEARCH

Last edited by Bill Geiger; 05-19-03 at 02:28 PM.