DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Any info an a Dumb & Dumber SE? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/292484-any-info-dumb-dumber-se.html)

MasterCXtreme 05-14-03 07:05 PM

Any info an a Dumb & Dumber SE?

I've been holding out FOREVER from buying the current Dumb & Dumber DVD, and waiting for a SE. The Farrely Brothers have SE of all of their other movies, even Kingpin had a commentary. Pluse, "Theres Something About Mary" is having a new special ediiton soon. So I was just wondering since the upcoming release of the prequel... any words on a Special Edition of Dumb & Dumber?

TomOpus 05-14-03 07:27 PM

Hey, the "broken toilet scene" in 5.1 DTS :up:

shizawn 05-14-03 07:42 PM

You think they would have had one to tie in with the prequel that's coming out, even though the actors aren't the same.

All I know is I would buy a SE in a heartbeat if it came out.

Rypro 525 05-14-03 08:16 PM

Guys, lets be honest here, what would be on this se? A lame 5 min. making of featurette, another boring Ferrelly bros. commentary? Is that what you want? The only way I'd get the se is if they made the picture and sound a little better. It was decent when I watched it with a friend but nothing spectacutlar, and deleted scenes.

MasterCXtreme 05-14-03 08:38 PM

First of all, I like their commentaries. And a new case would be great, I hate the snap cases. I'm sure there were "making of's", deleted scenes, and interviews done. Plus they could even have a cast commentary with Carrey & Daniels... and the idea of that is enough for me.

minguy 05-14-03 10:43 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
Guys, lets be honest here, what would be on this se? A lame 5 min. making of featurette, another boring Farrelly bros. commentary? Is that what you want? The only way I'd get the se is if they made the picture and sound a little better. It was decent when I watched it with a friend but nothing spectacutlar, and deleted scenes.
yes yes and yes.

<b>there's something about mary</b> is getting a sizeable upgrade (including "another boring Farrelly bros commentary"), so it's not that big a leap of the imagination to think there must be some extras out there for <b>dumb and dumber</b>.

Originally posted by shizawn
You think they would have had one to tie in with the prequel that's coming out, even though the actors aren't the same.
It's too early to tell if there is a re-release or not. It'd be the perfect time. And with all the sequel tie-in re-releases studios are putting out, not to mention all the re-packaging New Line has been doing for their sequels... well, it's a good bet, i'd say.

SergeantPinback 05-15-03 08:17 AM

Originally posted by minguy
yes yes and yes.

<b>there's something about mary</b> is getting a sizeable upgrade (including "another boring Farrelly bros commentary"), so it's not that big a leap of the imagination to think there must be some extras out there for <b>dumb and dumber</b>.

Now, will the new MARY disc have a different commentary than the one that's out now...?

I'm upgrading to the new 2-disc set because I love the movie and want even more MARY. Also, it'll be nice to have an anamorphic transfer for my WS TV...

minguy 05-15-03 09:18 AM

yup, different commentary ALONG WITH the old one. guess it wasn't that good.

matome 05-15-03 09:25 AM

Their commentaries are basically shout-outs to all their family and friends ("hey look! There's Jim, my brother-in-law's barber!") that they place in their movies. Hopefully this new Mary commentary will take care of that problem.

Buttmunker 05-15-03 10:05 AM

Heh-heh-heh
I was thinking about Jeff Daniels on SNL, and he's being interviewed by (*-can't remember-*) and they start talking about Dumb & Dumber, then they show a clip. The clip is where Daniels' character runs to the toilet and has massive diarrea.

Onward - they then discuss Daniels other films, and each time they watch a clip, it shows that scene from "Dumb & Dumber" every time.

Hysterical.

They could include that on the SE.

matome 05-15-03 10:17 AM

:lol:

DVDProfessor 05-15-03 02:37 PM

I've never seen Jim Carrey do a commentary on anything. Do you actually think he would do one?