DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   True Lies/Predator (2-Pack) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/292449-true-lies-predator-2-pack.html)

kayizm 05-14-03 04:09 PM

True Lies/Predator (2-Pack)

Hello,

I want to know if the True Lies/Predator (2-Pack) includes the same exact OOP True Lies that is THX Certified? If not which version of True Lies does this 2 pack include. I dont own True Lies and i want to know if i should purchase this.

Thanks (Newbie)

Class316 05-14-03 04:11 PM

At the moment the best version is the anamorphic R2 one.

kayizm 05-14-03 04:20 PM

True Lies/Predator (2-Pack)

I understand that but, is the version in this pack the same version as previously mentioned? Region 1?

trammel 05-14-03 06:03 PM

True Lies is OOP? I picked up a copy at Target a few weeks ago for $15. They had several in stock.

DavidH 05-14-03 06:43 PM

A new transfer of True Lies is coming out next year.

kayizm 05-14-03 06:47 PM

Nobody has answered my question. Is it because nobody knows? (See above)

DavidH 05-14-03 06:54 PM

Nobody has answered my question. Is it because nobody knows? (See above)
LOL

I just said a NEW transfer is coming next year! That does imply something. :) There has been only ONE Region 1 release of True Lies which is THX and it has a terrible transfer (good 5.1 track though).

Jeeden 05-14-03 07:12 PM

Originally posted by DavidH
A new transfer of True Lies is coming out next year.
Really!! Wow, didn't know that. I guess since they killed the sequels they decided to go back and remaster the original.

I like getting better versions of my favorite movies (Jack Ryan SE) but I get kinda bummed that my collection doesn't grow when I do it. :(

moocher 05-14-03 07:18 PM

DavidH is right except that the transfer isn't "terrible". It is non-anamorphic and has a lot of noticeable edge enhancement but I have seen far worse transfers.

In fact, I commented in a previous thread that I didn't think the transfer was all that bad and many responded that it had one of the best non-anamorphic transfers they had ever seen.

To answer the question, as DavidH says, there is only one region 1 release. As far as purchasing it, an SE of True Lies has been in the rumor mill for a couple of years now. Latest is it will be released next year, however, it is not official AFAIK. If you are willing to wait, wait. If not, the going rate is about 10 bucks and you could probably sell it to a J6P for that when the SE is announced.

DavidH 05-14-03 07:52 PM

It is non-anamorphic and has a lot of noticeable edge enhancement but I have seen far worse transfers.
Non-anamorphic and EE = terrible. :)

Actually, I take that back - it isn't terrible. But, it is pretty bad. (Better than Scarface though --- something no one can argue is anything but terrible.)