DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   So should I FINALLY buy the Matrix dvd or wait? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/292249-so-should-i-finally-buy-matrix-dvd-wait.html)

mikeydaclown 05-13-03 07:15 PM

So should I FINALLY buy the Matrix dvd or wait?

I know you're all probably gonna curse me out for this, but yes, i STILL dont own the matrix on dvd. I DO have it on video, and I was planning on buying it on DVD but I held off because of the supposed Special Edition which was cancelled. I see its on sale now for like $12.99. My question is, should I go out and finally get it? Or hold off for a new edition thats in the works? Comments?Suggestions?

Muah'dib 05-13-03 07:17 PM

Neither do I and I won't until they finally remaster it. Well unless it becomes obvious that they never will remaster it. I'll probably wait until it comes out in a Trilogy Box Set.

Tha Freak 05-13-03 07:18 PM

I also don't own it, but I will wait for it to come in a 3 dvd box set next year!..

borisdisco 05-13-03 07:19 PM

I don't own it either. Yet.

jarofclay73 05-13-03 07:53 PM

I can wait.

speedy1961 05-13-03 09:00 PM

Wait for the set if you can....

Or buy for the ticket voucher and sell later on.

speedy1961 05-13-03 09:07 PM

Originally posted by Tha Freak
I also don't own it, but I will wait for it to come in a 3 dvd box set next year!..
Later this year my man from what I read.

Should be:

Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revisited

Four disc set next year in March from what I hear.

nemein 05-13-03 09:17 PM

I'd wait at this point... what I want to know though is whether or not one of the box sets is going to include the Animatrix DVD? Anyone???

DavidH 05-13-03 09:25 PM

There is rumor of a new transfer.

I would just rent it, unless you plan on watching multiple times. If a better version comes out, sell the original on Ebay.

Mopower 05-13-03 09:29 PM

It's 10 bucks at Best Buy, just buy it. ;)

reubs82 05-13-03 09:30 PM

My copy of The Matrix and The Matrix Revisited were both stolen (along w/ the rest of my collection), and I've yet to replace them. I'm holding out for the eventual (hopeful) boxset as well.

I am hoping that the Matrix Revisited stuff will be on there, esp. the Easter Egg about the "woman in red". We'll see what happens, though...maybe well get two disc sets for each of them in the old-school two-disc snappers like Any Given Sunday.

mikeydaclown 05-13-03 09:44 PM

pardon my ignorance, but what woman in red?

spyzdope 05-13-03 11:31 PM

Originally posted by reubs82
My copy of The Matrix and The Matrix Revisited were both stolen (along w/ the rest of my collection), and I've yet to replace them.

This is kind of off-topic, but did you have home/renters insurance? If so, did you get reimbursed for the stolen DVDs?

Oh yeah, and to make my post somewhat on-topic again, I'll say that I'm holding out for the eventual re-release in the form of a trilogy box set.

Also, I'd bet that if/when this is re-released, the original Matrix DVDs will be more plentiful than AOL discs. If you think about it, it seems like almost everyone out there owns this DVD. If they decide to upgrade to the new version when it's released, they will probably want to get rid of their old version, so they'll probably eBay it, trade it in at a used DVD store, or just give it away to friends/relatives, since it won't be worth much.

lordzeppelin 05-14-03 01:06 AM

Oh just get the damn thing. It's $12. and it's not like you aren't going to watch it, right?

D-Ball 05-14-03 01:17 AM

You should get it now. You can always sell or trade it when a new version is released.

majorjoe23 05-14-03 12:02 PM

When I bought it at best buy it was 11.99. The register printed out a mail in three dollar rebate, plus there's the mail in rebate for the ticket At $8 for a ticket and with the three bucks, the Matrix cost me a buck.

NickAdonidus 05-14-03 12:08 PM

Let me ask... though you will all probably yell ... What Easter Egg with the Woman in Red??

jiggawhat 05-14-03 12:36 PM

I would definitely wait. If you have waited this long you might as well wait.

Josh H 05-14-03 12:57 PM

It's already anamorphic and has DD 5.1 so I'd buy it.

I have no plans on upgrading in the future. All I care about is anamorphic and DD 5.1 (DTS doesn't sound much, if any, better on my system) as I don't have time (or the interest) to watch extras anymore.

C Roberts 05-14-03 01:08 PM

I bought it when it first came out. I don't really care about a box set. I just want the movies on DVD.

Aphex Twin 05-14-03 01:22 PM

What's a woman in red?

MJKTool 05-14-03 01:28 PM

Originally posted by Aphex Twin
What's a woman in red?
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Aphex Twin 05-14-03 01:54 PM

Oh..I thought it had to do with The Matrix.

Static Cling 05-14-03 02:24 PM

What's a woman in red?
The woman in red is the one of the programs in The Matrix that Morpheus uses to illustrate the point that agents can become anyone.

And if you haven't bought The Matrix yet, you probably won't die if you don't buy it now. Wait for an SE/price drop/box set, and pick it up then, if you want.

Robert 05-14-03 02:35 PM

Originally posted by MJKTool
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Oh..I thought it had to do with The Matrix.
rotfl