Community
Search

$6,000,000 Man?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-03, 12:09 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$6,000,000 Man

Anybody have any info regarding this old TV show? I have seen Six Milion Dollar Man episodes able to be downloaded on WINMX but I'm not interested in downloading them all, it would take to long. Is there a box set out there somewhere or what? Can I download them from another site other than WINMX?

Last edited by BOWLTR; 05-12-03 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-12-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
No info. here, but could you please add a question mark to the end of your thread title?
Old 05-12-03, 12:55 PM
Cool New Member

NO! Why do you waste my time with such a ridiculous post? The answer to my question would have been fine. Also, a question mark would be incorrect grammar. It was not a question, it is a title for my thread.
Old 05-12-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by BOWLTR
NO! Why do you waste my time with such a ridiculous post? The answer to my question would have been fine. Also, a question mark would be incorrect grammar. It was not a question, it is a title for my thread.
I don't think you can have bad grammar is a subject title, as they are usually sentence fragments to begin. The question mark would at least allow others to know that this isn't a post about a 6 million dollar man release, but a question asking if one exists. Makes it easier on others.

To answer your question, I have no knowledge of any such release or planned release.
Old 05-12-03, 01:44 PM
Cool New Member

Easier than what? To click on an item is not very difficult. I don't mean to be a jerk, but why is everyone so anal about such little things? I'm trying to find out some info on this and I'm trying to get people to read and respond to my post, so if it gets them to read it, then good. CHILL please!
Old 05-12-03, 01:52 PM

Easier than what? To click on an item is not very difficult. I don't mean to be a jerk, but why is everyone so anal about such little things? I'm trying to find out some info on this and I'm trying to get people to read and respond to my post, so if it gets them to read it, then good. CHILL please!
**** you, I read this thread because I thought it was an announcement, not a ****ing question.
Old 05-12-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Think about it from someone else's perspective you go into a thread cause you think it might pertain to what you are looking\hoping for and all it is is a question by someone. It is not anal it is just helpful to people who are just checking in and reading threads to find information. It is a courteous thing to do. You don't have to blow up at someone either I think it is you who need to CHILL!
Old 05-12-03, 02:05 PM

Before this thread gets shut down, I just wanted to add that I *also* thought perhaps this was an informational post and/or announcment of some kind.

If you are making an inquiry about a title you are hoping to see on DVD, a question mark is a common courtesy.
Old 05-12-03, 02:10 PM
Cool New Member

I didn't blow up @ anyone. If you read my post and paid attention to it you would have noticed that I politely asked a question and prefaced it with "I don't mean to be a jerk". To most individuals that would be taken as a confused question to which I was seeking an answer, but obviously you don't see it that way. Hey, believe what you want. I'm not upset at all just a little amused @ the amount of anal and overly sensitive people out there. If you want to read someone blowing up check out Dacoops3 a couple of posts above this one. Now there is an upset individual! ; )
Old 05-12-03, 02:12 PM
Cool New Member

Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-03, 02:37 PM

uteotw simply asked you politely to add a question mark to posts.

You responded with :

NO! Why do you waste my time with such a ridiculous post?
And you didn't blow up at anyone?

Bowltr, people aren't attempting to be jerks here... they are letting you know what is considered a common protocol on these here discussion boards.

Now, in answer to your question, there don't appear to be any plans at this time for R1 SMDM DVD's. I understand some R2's are available however.

And if you are asking where to download such things... that isn't something that is usually yapped about around here.
Old 05-12-03, 02:39 PM

Bah! Misleading! I was hoping for some kind of announcement, and now my hopes have been dashed. A pox on you and your house.

Oh well, I always have my imports. . . .
Old 05-12-03, 02:49 PM
Cool New Member

I'll take it under advisement. Could you clarify what you mean by R1 and R2's? Is that some sort of revision? I heard that they were released in the U.K., is that what you mean by R1 and R2.

Is mentioning downloading also out of protocol?
Old 05-12-03, 02:53 PM

Downloading usually refers to pirating stuff, which is generally frowned upon.

R1/R2 and such refer to the Regional encoding system used by DVD makers.

R1 is North America, R2 is the UK. Generally, a disc made in R1 won't play in an R3 player. And vice-versa. Unless you have a region-less DVD player.

So ... short answer. Yes, there are some SMDM episodes out on DVD in the UK. But not in North america.
Old 05-12-03, 03:20 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Clicking on a thread because you think it provides some desired info and finding out it doesn't wastes the member's time and it wastes DVD Talk's resources. Mentioning downloading is also "out of protocol".

Maintain civility, learn from your mistakes, and try not to repeat them. Or go elsewhere.
Old 05-12-03, 03:23 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by Dacoops3
**** you, I read this thread because I thought it was an announcement, not a ****ing question.
This type of language is completely uncalled for. We'll be discussing administrative action.