DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Leatherface delayed until January :( (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/291380-leatherface-delayed-until-january.html)

C.H.U.D. 05-09-03 01:43 PM

Leatherface delayed until January :(

I read on DVD File today that the DVD for Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III has been delayed until January because the TCM remake has been delayed until January as well (which is a bad sign, since January is the studio "dump" month).

Oh well, at least it was only delayed, and not cancelled like Hardware. :(

Julie Walker 05-09-03 03:18 PM

At least it saves me some $$$$$...this year is to expensive as it is if i buy even half of the titles i truely want!

So i can live with it. It's only a few extra months off anyway.

Giles 05-11-03 01:29 AM

is it going to be the unrated cut of the film? right?

Trigger 05-11-03 04:48 AM

wait wait wait... back up... Hardware isn't coming to DVD ever?

Pac-Rat 05-11-03 11:44 AM

Originally posted by Giles
is it going to be the unrated cut of the film? right?
Of the places that had it up for preorder, some said R but most others said unrated. My guess would be that it was/is the Unrated (but not uncut) version that's out on VHS.

Julie Walker 05-11-03 03:52 PM

New Line knoes the title won't sell if released in it's extensively butchured R form. So it will most likely be the unrated version released on VHS,unless they have more finished footage that can be restored. Most of the extra stuff exists in workprint form anyway. It would be great if they included that as a extra.

+ NL is aware of how horribly they handled the film durring & after filming by not only the MPAA demanding cuts. Yet the studio as well since some morons felt it was to 'gruesome'. So thats why the film turned out the way it did. Yet whatever footage can be restored better be. At least it's better than being stuck with the horrible R version.

Geofferson 05-11-03 09:06 PM

Too bad - looking forward to this disc.

Chad 05-11-03 09:55 PM

Re: Leatherface delayed until January :(

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
I read on DVD File today that the DVD for Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III has been delayed until January because the TCM remake has been delayed until January as well (which is a bad sign, since January is the studio "dump" month).. :( [/B]
Well, at least there will be something to look forward to in January...and I'm obviously not talking about the remake.

rennervision 05-12-03 02:06 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
wait wait wait... back up... Hardware isn't coming to DVD ever?

Yeah - don't want to hijack, but Hardware is one of those titles I check online stores for at least twice a year to see if its ever been released. Where did you hear this C.H.U.D.?

Giles 05-12-03 03:12 PM

Originally posted by Julie Walker
New Line knoes the title won't sell if released in it's extensively butchured R form. So it will most likely be the unrated version released on VHS,unless they have more finished footage that can be restored. Most of the extra stuff exists in workprint form anyway. It would be great if they included that as a extra.

+ NL is aware of how horribly they handled the film durring & after filming by not only the MPAA demanding cuts. Yet the studio as well since some morons felt it was to 'gruesome'. So thats why the film turned out the way it did. Yet whatever footage can be restored better be. At least it's better than being stuck with the horrible R version.

So what's New Line's excuse for releasing "Nightmare On Elm Street Part 5" in the R-rated version when the VHS version had been released in unrated form? Any word if a restored 'Part 5' might get released as such?

Pac-Rat 07-12-03 11:27 AM

Well, according to DVDFile the date's been moved UP now to Sept 30.

Rounding out this week's news, another street date change for that Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III Platinum Series edition that keeps getting bumped around by New Line Home Entertainment. With genuine positive buzz beginning to swirl around that Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake which has now been moved back up to an October 17th theatrical release, New Line has moved the Chainsaw III DVD to September 30th. Features and pricing remain the same.

StefanK 07-22-03 11:03 AM

It seems that no one realy knows when that DVD will be released. I've checked the stores that I usually use for my preorders and this are the results:
duniverse: October 7
dvdplanet: September 30
amazon and dvdpacific: August 5
dvdempire: not listet yet

Geofferson 07-22-03 11:28 AM

Damn.

mcarver 07-22-03 03:37 PM

I have checked with 2 major distributors and both show the new street date to be 9/30 (updated as of 7/17/2003)

Originally posted by StefanK
It seems that no one realy knows when that DVD will be released. I've checked the stores that I usually use for my preorders and this are the results:
duniverse: October 7
dvdplanet: September 30
amazon and dvdpacific: August 5
dvdempire: not listet yet