Babylon 5 season 3 - Aug 12th

Old 05-08-03, 02:09 PM

Babylon 5 season 3 - Aug 12th

A friend of mine just mailed me at work with this B5 tidbit. Since there's no mention here yet, lets have at it!

Warner Brothers has announced August 12th as the street date for Babylon 5: The Complete Third Season. Subtitled "Point of No Return", it will be another 6-disc extravaganza featuring all 22 episodes of the third season. In addition, Warner is again working with producer/creator J. Michael Straczynski to bring you the very best in the way of supplements:

* Introduction from series creator J. Michael Straczynski
* Commentaries on 3 key episodes by series creator and stars
* Documentary: Behind the Mask: Creating the Aliens of Babylon 5
* Documentary: Designing a Better Narn
* Documentary: Designing Tomorrow: The Look of Babylon 5
* Data and Personnel Files
Cool! And I'm not even done with S2 yet.
Old 05-08-03, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Aug 12 is better than later - hope season 4 and 5 are slated to follow by end of year.
Old 05-08-03, 02:17 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Yes! [Bando pumps fist]
Old 05-08-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

schweeeeet!

Old 05-08-03, 03:18 PM

With this kind of schedule, season 4 could follow around November, and season 5 early next year.

Nice to hear that someone at WHV was listening to all of us that said we wanted the sets sooner.
Old 05-08-03, 03:36 PM

Good news.

At this rate, I might actually be able to watch "In the Beginning" before the end of the year.
Old 05-08-03, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Aw crap! Another month the car payment doesn't get made.
Old 05-08-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SWEET!!!

I know what I'm asking for for my birthday this year! Woohoo!
Old 05-08-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes! Things are picking up!

Now if only SG-1 and Red Dwarf would...
Old 05-08-03, 10:13 PM

Nice!
Old 05-08-03, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

HeeeeeeeELLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH...

To bad DS9 season 4 is coming out the week before. They'll put the hurt on both my wallet and free time!

Last edited by Heliosphann; 05-08-03 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-09-03, 06:57 AM

MGM could take a lesson or two from WB on pacing releases. Hopefully w/ SG1 s3 coming out at the end of the month will hear about the next one soon, but I'm not holding my breath
Old 05-09-03, 09:50 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

in 3 month!!! hell yea now should i preorder from amazon.ca again....
Old 05-09-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by MaDJoE

Let's see.

Season One was orange/yellow.

Season Two is blue.

Season Three will be green.

What will seasons four and five be?

I say Season Four - No Surrender, No Retreat will be purple.

And Season Five - Wheel of Fire - will be red.
Old 05-09-03, 11:18 AM

Glad to see this is out so quick!

I bought my dad the first set for last Christmas, the second set for Father's Day (gave it to him early already, I was too psyched to wait). His birthday is July 31 so this seems like an appropriate b-day gift. He won't mind waiting for a present, if it is B5.

I love Babylon 5. I can't justify spending the money on myself, but I can always borrow from my dad!

-- Jenny
Old 05-09-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is exceptionally good news. I was expecting Season 3 in September or October. It looks like we just might get season 4 before Christmas!

I can't wait to listen to the commentary track with Boxleitner, Christian, & Doyle! I listened to about 2 minutes late last night, and they seemed to be having a really good time.

Looks like I'll finally be able to get rid of most of the tapes that I recorded when B5 was first on. (I want to keep a couple of them - channel 13 in L.A. had a Sunday night line-up that they did a cool ad for, and I want to keep that. The line-up was Voyager, TNG, DS9, B5, and ST: TOS. They ran that line-up for a year. Sunday nights were great!)

If there are still any skeptics about B5 out there - just get the Season 1 & Season 2 box sets, you'll be a skeptic no more...
Old 05-09-03, 03:05 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

anybody know anyting about this b5 game:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/2406.html

Mongoose To Publish Babylon 5 RPG
Due Out In Late May

February 25, 2003
Mongoose Publishing, England's leading RPG publisher, has acquired the license to produce a role-playing game based on the Babylon 5 television series from Warner Bros. Mongoose, which also has RPG licenses for Judge Dredd, Slaine, and Conan the Barbarian (see "Mongoose To Publish Conan RPG"), plans to publish its Babylon 5 RPG in late May. Mongoose will use the d20 system for its Babylon 5 RPG, but promises to fashion the rules to fit the property rather than the other way around. The Mongoose game will be compatible with Agents of Gaming's B5 Wars RPG. Mongoose has also made a pledge to consumers that they will not have to wait long for supplementary materials after the release of the main sourcebook in May. In fact many of the supplements are being written at the same time as the main rulebook to ensure maximum compatibility.

However the Babylon 5 RPG Rulebook will come out first. It will be a 300+ page hardcover with full color illustrations throughout -- most of which will come from stills from the TV series and movies. In the Mongoose Babylon 5 RPG, players can be human or Narn, or Centauri, or Minbari. Of course they can be Earthforce officers, but there are many other possibilities as well. Mongoose is also filling in key details of the Babylon 5 universe such as "the innermost workings of the Centauri royal court and Great Houses," but don't fear--all new material is being run by Bab 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski, himself.
Old 05-10-03, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad I'm not the only one who loved both B5 and DS9.

This is the season I've been waiting for. Hit me with Severed Dreams, baby!
Old 08-08-03, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I received Season 3 from dvdsoon yesterday. Wow, this show just keeps getting better and better. The A/V quality, if anyone is interested, is pretty much the same as the other sets.

I have a question though. I bought The Gathering (Pilot) / In the Beginning dvd and would like to know when it would be safe to watch In The Beginning. Was it made between season 3 and 4?
Old 08-08-03, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Watch In the Beginning after season 4.
Old 08-08-03, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MEJHarrison
Watch In the Beginning after season 4.
Thank you kind sir or madam.
Old 08-20-03, 06:21 PM

Got my copy of B5 season 3 yesterday. It looks great -- althoug hit is worth noting that the packaging STILL doesn't hold the DVDs in place very well. For the third time in three releases, two discs in the set were loose when it arrived. Warners shoudl really do something to correct this.

That aside, the set is fantastic. Great photos on the package, great clarity in sound and picture, and of course the shows themselves are probably the best of B5's five years. (The menus still need work -- kinda lame.)

Any word on when we can expect Season 4?
Old 08-20-03, 07:44 PM

I thought they DID correct it after the first release, or at least thought I remembered reading that. When I got my first season I had four of six discs loose. When I got seasons two and three, neither had anything rattling around inside. Yeah, I know, you can "test" them on shelves, but for big sets like this I pre-order to get the best price possible.
Old 08-20-03, 08:26 PM

So anyone heard anything yet about season 4?
Old 08-20-03, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The hubs for seasons 2 and 3 do hold the discs more securely, but they still don't quite cut it. I have had two floaters in both cases, but somehow they didn't have any easily visible scratches. I'm really looking forward to season 4 and I agree with Josh-da-man that the packaging will be purple, but I just wonder what season 5 will be.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.