DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   do you own more DVD in Keep or Snap cases? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/291039-do-you-own-more-dvd-keep-snap-cases.html)

danol 05-08-03 12:09 AM

do you own more DVD in Keep or Snap cases?

I like the keep cases, but the snap cases take up less room in where we store our DVD cases.

Which do you have more of, and which style do you prefer? :)

SCHMEGGA 05-08-03 12:18 AM

Have more keeps cause I chunk and replace all snappers. Pieces of crap!

eedoon 05-08-03 12:26 AM

Have more keep case than snappers.

RobCA 05-08-03 12:30 AM

I'd say about 10% of my DVDs are in snappers. I don't have a preference.

Rob

BobSoup 05-08-03 12:31 AM

Definitely more keep than snappers.

Goat3001 05-08-03 12:47 AM

Much more keep cases then snappers.

DVDude! 05-08-03 12:50 AM

I'd probably say that most people have more keepcases than snappers because snappers are only used by a few companies (New Line, old Universals and Warner, to name the ones I can think of).

Personally, I think snappers are crap. Yeah, they hold the discs well, but they're cardboard so they're more susceptible to damage. And they're a tad longer than keepcases.

I currently have about 350 DVDs and maybe 75 are in snappers (guessing). Eventually, I may use a printing service to get replacement covers and get rid of the snappers.

Gdrlv 05-08-03 01:08 AM

I'd think just about everyone would have more keepcases. Only a few companies (New Line and Warner) even use snappers, and New Line's apparently phasing 'em out.

D-Ball 05-08-03 01:36 AM

I have more keepcaes than snappers just like everyone else with a dvd collection. The only people that might have more snappers are Warner Bros. employees.

DVDProfessor 05-08-03 01:46 AM

Keep all the way!!!

Snapper cases suck the big one. They make it so much harder to put other types of cases next to them (so that's why keep and snapper cases are separate). It even makes it hard to put other snapper cases next to each other

shill66 05-08-03 01:47 AM

I hate the way snappers snag on the adjacent discs when putting on or pulling off of a shelf. I now keep my snappers separate.

Rehevkor 05-08-03 01:52 AM

When I have multiple snappers lined up side-by-side on the shelves, they tend to get snagged on each other when I pull them. Rather annoying :) Most of my collection is keep cases though, so no big deal.

I do have one snapper case that I like though; Lost In Space. It's not bad looking, and it feels more solid than the other ones I have. I bought it used for $8 and it even had the three year old coupon book still inside :)

... that was a very rambling and pointless post. Cause it's 3am maybe... *mutters*

Tarantino 05-08-03 07:50 AM

KEEPERS.

renaldow 05-08-03 08:04 AM

Yeah, probably the same ratio as everyone else here. I don't mind snappers, I don't see what the big deal is. I don't have problems with snags, they fit fine on the shelf, and they adequately protect the DVD.

DarthVong 05-08-03 08:25 AM

Keepcases. I transfer all of the Digipak/Snapper case into Keeps.

matome 05-08-03 09:03 AM

Keepcases by far.

Dabaomb 05-08-03 09:06 AM

Originally posted by DarthBong
Keepcases. I transfer all of the Digipak/Snapper case into Keeps.
like others have said, 99.9% of collectors will have more keepcases than snappers simply cuz the only studio still using them is WB.

The only good thing about me not watching/opening a lot of my DVDs is that I've been able to exchange some sealed New Line snappers with new editions with keepcases at the same store simply cuz I haven't opened them. I've done this with the first 2 Austin Powers movies and Friday. I really have an urge to watch Next Friday so I'm waiting for that, Blade1 and Rush Hour 1 to get switched over to keepcases so I can exchange those as well and finally open them.

boston george 05-08-03 09:55 AM

Originally posted by matome
Keepcases by far.
ditto

hgar78 05-08-03 12:51 PM

more keepers. hate my snappers!

danol 05-08-03 02:55 PM

I have 47 keeps in my collection and all of my R2 & R4 are in keepers also, I just wish I could get the official cover art, for some of my torn pages that I have. :)

Peep 05-09-03 12:50 PM

I prefer keepcases over snappers, but I'm not that biased. I have held off on buying a used copy of a movie (and I buy a lot of movies used) because the snapper wasn't in good shape.

I own a lot of snappers, however, because I happen to own a lot of WHV product.

FrankieG 05-18-03 01:53 AM

Wayyyy more keepcases than snappers.

I used to hate the snappers and was afraid that the plastic part was going to break off at some point. But I just don't open and close my DVDs that much, so I guess it's not a big deal

danwiz 05-18-03 02:10 AM

Big ZERO snappers - all been replaced! I hate the f***ers! To quote others: I hate the way snappers snag on the adjacent discs when putting on or pulling off of a shelf.

Panda Phil 05-18-03 03:48 AM

Luckily only seven of my one hundred seventy five are still in snappers. Six others were cut up and transferred to Keeps.

I really need to lay my hands on some more empty keep cases, order some proper custom covers and do the rest.

My only gripe with snappers is they don't seem durable. I worry that I'm gonna squeeze it too hard or accidentally step on one someday and crinkle up the cover.

TomOpus 05-18-03 08:54 AM

Out of close to 300.... 21 are snappers. As long as the movie is still okay, I don't replace