DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Any Stores taking pre-order LOTR: Two Towers? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/290492-any-stores-taking-pre-order-lotr-two-towers.html)

flippo 05-05-03 04:49 PM

Any Stores taking pre-order LOTR: Two Towers?

Hi guys...
Anybody know any e-tailers taking pre-order for LOTR: Two towers ?

Thanks
Flippo

eau 05-05-03 11:32 PM

I think I'll wait for the release day to get this DVD at a B&M. Stores will practically be beating one another to get customers into their stores to buy it.

Azrael23 05-06-03 12:40 AM

DVDsoon is taking pre-orders for both the theatrical and extended version.

RussG 05-06-03 08:57 AM

I've always wondered what the big attraction is with pre-ordering a movie that's still 3 months off. It doesn't mean that you'll get it any earlier than anyone else.

I agree with eau, waiting for B&Ms will be pretty competitive with this title and I'd imagine they'll beat any online retailer after shipping costs.

Groucho 05-06-03 09:01 AM

Better hurry. If you don't get your order in by the end of today, chances are you won't be able to get one at all on release day.

javanut 05-07-03 06:29 PM

for Fellowship of the Ring preordering there were all kinds of deals where you got free/extra stuff for ordering it in advance. That's one reason to do it.

suomynona 05-07-03 10:57 PM

amazon is for the ws & fs versions, but not for the expanted edition...

Snowmaker 05-08-03 07:24 AM

Why would you need to pre-order this far in advance?? Its not like its going to be hard to find on release day. That's usually when you can get the best price anyways.

billy9215 05-08-03 12:07 PM

Get a life..

darqleo 05-08-03 04:48 PM

I wouldn't bother pre-ordering a big title like the LOTR movies. I did it last year with DDD.com and Best Buy ended up having a better price. Still, I managed to get a price match for it, but it would have probably been better to just walk into the store and have instant gratification.

One of my buddies pre-ordered through Costco.com and they didn't ship it until a week later of release date. He ended up buying it at Best Buy, a day after the release, and exchanged his Costco one back later on with the BB receipt.

Pre-ordering ain't what it used to be!

suomynona 05-11-03 03:42 AM

Originally posted by darqleo
Pre-ordering ain't what it used to be!
for a short time yesterday, i had 91 dvds on pre-order. it's down to 81 now... :D

Spiky 05-12-03 12:21 PM

CH just sent me a deal for preordering @ 19.95 plus an offer of many specific DVDs @ 8.95. Might be worthwhile if you wanted several of these other movies, but looked worthless to me personally.

jough 05-13-03 03:33 AM

Way to threadcrap.

If you think it's stupid to pre-order this far in advance, that's up to you. But why post a message if you're not interested in the subject?

Seriously. I mean, what the HELL people.

-- Jough