DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   James Bond Box Set (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/290385-james-bond-box-set.html)

MarcinL 05-05-03 08:33 AM

James Bond Box Set

Is Die another day arriving in the boxset of 7, or are we only going to get the DAD. I need to buy more Bond's!!!

Robert 05-05-03 09:16 AM

Yes

Ginwen 05-05-03 09:44 AM

Specifics? I know what's supposed to be in the set, but when will it be out?

Many people have been saying all along that it would come out at the same time as D.A.D., but so far, I haven't seen anything official, and it's not on any websites for sale that I can find, even though the release date for Die Another Day is less than a month away.

Decker 05-05-03 10:02 AM

Yes, I haven't heard any official word either. This much is nearly certain : TWINE and Moonraker must be re-released at the same time, because Costco is giving them away free with DAD (one or the other).

It IS weird that there hasn't been more info available with the release so close, though.

KDiddy092802 05-15-03 02:06 PM

I originally heard that 6/3 was the day for the rerelease to coincide with DAD. Hope it happens, I won't pay $35 for the ones I'm missing from my collection!

drmoze 05-15-03 03:17 PM

I'm just gonna pick up DAD by itself, when released. (Because I already have all of the previous Bond movies.) Dunno why they are so slow at re-releasing the same (quite excellent) versions that were already out before.

EskimoJoe 05-28-03 10:46 PM

I have yet to read any new news, and I was looking foward to donating $80 to Mr. Fleming. Oh well.

DarthMaul420 05-29-03 10:13 AM

Originally posted by drmoze
I'm just gonna pick up DAD by itself, when released. (Because I already have all of the previous Bond movies.) Dunno why they are so slow at re-releasing the same (quite excellent) versions that were already out before.
OHMSS is still not corrected to my knowledge and a few of the titles need new transfers. I wonder why MGM took these oop before "DAD" to only rerelease the same versions a year or so later? I wish they would redo them all and soon! A nice 20 disc set would be nice like other regions got instead of three boxes.

flix1 05-29-03 01:11 PM

What was wrong with OHMSS?

DarthMaul420 05-29-03 04:13 PM

Originally posted by flix1
What was wrong with OHMSS?
Cut Dialogue I believe. Can't remember the specifics but MGM said they would not be fixing this one unlike the other error discs.

Ranger 05-29-03 11:33 PM

Yeah, I was pretty surprised that they haven't updated any info on this - maybe, just maybe they want to surprise us all. :D

DrOBoogie1 05-30-03 07:33 AM

From the original releases, Octopussy and The Living Daylights both had misframed scenes and/or lost subtitles.

For a brief time, replacements were available from MGM.

DarthMaul420 05-30-03 08:41 AM

TMWTGG also had a problem playing on dvd-roms.

BlackBeauty92 06-01-03 01:30 PM

so....

any new news yet? :D

BizRodian 06-03-03 10:43 PM

Heh.. after DAD I dropped my idea of buying all the Bonds. Just something about it.. I don't think it's the worse Bond or anything... but just something about it...

Anyways, now I'll only buy my favorites, so I guess I save some money :P