Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Father of the Bride 1 and 2 (Steve Martin)

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-03, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if there are any plans to re-release Father of the Bride 1 and 2 (Steve Martin) with anamorphic transfers?

These are both letterbox with less than stellar sound and no extras, yet cary a price tag at my BB of almost $25 each!

Wouldn't it be a no-brainer to package the two movies together in a set? In Particular, the first movie was a high grossing success at the box office.

Please Disney! read this post!

Don't get me started on Parenthood.. not available in any type of widescreen. Who owns that one.. Universal?
Old 05-05-03, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man,

I know what you mean. I love both of these movies. My family watched them all the time when I was growing up. I finally gave in last week and paid $40.00 for a two-pack with both of them. I don't know if there are any plans for re-releases. I was just afraid that they were not "big" enough titles, and I did not want them to disappear. I watched the first one the other day. I hadn't seen the movie in over a year (and I had never seen it in widescreen. I enjoyed it. If you like the films, I would consider picking them up. But, I would double dip in the blink of an eye if they were rereleased. If anyone knows anything about an SE or anything, I would love to know about it too!!

Zack
Old 05-05-03, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would love to pick these up with anamorphic as well. I'll just stick with my LD's for now, since there's no reason to upgrade to the DVD versions.
Old 05-05-03, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No plans yet. These would be perfect SE reissues down the road.
The question is when?
Old 05-05-03, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Waited and waited but finally gave in and got these 2 as enrollment with Columbia House. It's a cheaper route then Best Buy.
Old 05-05-03, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

found the 2 set at sam's club a while back. ended up being pretty cheap. as for parenthood, i would LOVE for this to come out!!!
Old 05-05-03, 01:37 PM

I bought them a few years ago when they came out for about 12 bucks each. Don't have Parenthood yet but I'd love to see that one come out as a SE.

J