DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Where is the Robin Hood: Men in Tights Dvd? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/289385-where-robin-hood-men-tights-dvd.html)

RobDaPirate 04-30-03 12:22 AM

Where is the Robin Hood: Men in Tights Dvd?

Hey, this is my first post, and I was wondering if there was any information on a Robin Hood: Men in Tights Dvd? It is my second favorite behind Spaceballs (already own that one) and I think it is one of the only titles left by Mel Brooks to be released. What is the holdup?

Rammsteinfan 04-30-03 12:48 AM

It was rumored a year ago but I dont think I have heard anything since... hopefully MB does a better commentary than he did for Spaceballs.

"Because, unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."

vedderstapp 04-30-03 08:34 AM

There's a region 2, you know. Pretty decent features....

TheKing 04-30-03 03:48 PM

Actually, there are quite a few Mel Brooks films that haven't come out on DVD yet.

Also missing on DVD (at least here in the States):

Dracula: Dead And Loving It
High Anxiety
Silent Movie

And while he didn't direct it, To Be Or Not To Be isn't out yet either.

Toad 04-30-03 08:44 PM

Hope it makes it out -- I love it as well.
Welcome!

Londo 04-30-03 09:56 PM

Men in Tights
High Anxiety
Silent Movie
To Be or Not to Be

are all out in R4 16:9 Anamorphic no less... (the last three are in a 3 disc box set... got mine last week)

RobDaPirate 05-01-03 12:29 AM

Yeah, but my dvd player is only region 1., so I couldn't do either option. But I shouldn't have to go over seas to get the best version of a dvd release *cough*Family Guy*cough*. I guess I'll just have to add this to the ever growing list of dvds that don't seem to want to be released. Like Orgazmo: SE or a better version of Batman or the Original SW for that matter...

Panda Phil 05-01-03 06:43 AM

Why do some regions get fantastic multi-disk DVD versions, while others get bare bones or none at all? This is truely one of the great mysteries of the modern age.

Dacoops3 05-01-03 12:18 PM

Originally posted by vedderstapp
There's a region 2, you know. Pretty decent features....
Just another reason to get a region-free player. See the DVD Bargains forum for a hackable player for 39.99 after rebate through Amazon. I am on the edge of ordering one, but my funds are just too weak right now. But from what I've heard, the second you get a region-free player, you realize all of the great films that are out in other regions and not region 1, and it could lead to tons of spending.

Pyser 05-01-03 02:21 PM

the spaceballs commentary is a little lame, but ive heard it was taken from the laserdisc version of the movie, and not re-recorded for the dvd. perhaps that is why it isnt up to snuff....they were pretty new back then.

dxwwf3 05-01-03 02:26 PM

I'm personally getting to the point where I don't care if there is a commentary or not. This is the ONLY catalog title that hasn't been released that I have to have. Come one we need Men In Tights!!!

spyzdope 05-01-03 05:47 PM

Originally posted by RobDaPirate
Yeah, but my dvd player is only region 1., so I couldn't do either option. But I shouldn't have to go over seas to get the best version of a dvd release *cough*Family Guy*cough*. I guess I'll just have to add this to the ever growing list of dvds that don't seem to want to be released. Like Orgazmo: SE or a better version of Batman or the Original SW for that matter...
Check out the DVD Talk International Forum and the Nerd-Out DVD Player Hacks Forums.