DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Smallville TV Series When? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/289319-smallville-tv-series-when.html)

mchammer888 04-29-03 06:02 PM

Smallville TV Series When?

hey guys!

I was wondering if WB will be releasing Smallville on DVD... Got any ideas? release date and details anyone?

PEACE!

mikeporter 04-29-03 06:42 PM

Warner Bros. is quickly following FOX's lead and is working on bringing more series to the DVD format, according to a report at The Futon Critic. The three series most of note to Smallville fans, of course, would be Smallville, The Dukes of Hazzard (starring Smallville dad John Schneider), and TV's previous journey into the world of Superman, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman.

trammel 06-17-03 08:25 PM

The Digital Bits is reporting that Warner has announced Smallville: The Complete First Season will be released on Septemper 23rd.

Iron_Giant 06-17-03 09:43 PM

Originally posted by mikeporter
Warner Bros. is quickly following FOX's lead and is working on bringing more series to the DVD format, according to a report at The Futon Critic. The three series most of note to Smallville fans, of course, would be Smallville, The Dukes of Hazzard (starring Smallville dad John Schneider), and TV's previous journey into the world of Superman, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman.
Lois and Clark, one of my wife and I's favorite shows. Does any know the date for the DVD set?

I just started recording them on DVD off of TNT. Maybe I will the whole set by the time it comes out on DVD.

ClarkKentKY 06-17-03 09:45 PM

Originally posted by trammel
The Digital Bits is reporting that Warner has announced Smallville: The Complete First Season will be released on Septemper 23rd.
They've previously said two other dates that have come and gone...

Someone connected with the show or warner brothers did say before the end of the year... If i remember correctly. Can't recall the source either, but it was mentioned on this board somehwere.

lwhy? 06-17-03 10:09 PM

Specs and the Sep. 23 date have been confirmed by tvshowsondvd.com I just got an e-mail from them. The set will be in widescreen and the MSRP is around $65 From tvshowsondvd.com Here It Is! THE News You Have Waited For!
6/17/2003

On September 23rd, Warner Brothers has the DVD of Steel that you've all been waiting for! Emerging from the wheatfields of Kansas is Smallville: Season 1.

Warner's information states that this will have an anamorphic transfer at an aspect ratio of 1.77:1. Sound will be available in English Stereo and French Stereo, with Closed Captioning and subtitles in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese.

Weighing in at the strange suggested list price of $64.92, this 6-disc set is billed as "The Complete First Season", and has a running time of 954 minutes. To totally make your day, here is the SUPER cover art they've provided:

ClarkKentKY 06-17-03 10:22 PM

Originally posted by lwhy?
To totally make your day, here is the SUPER cover art they've provided:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics...llville_S1.jpg

:drool:

Kinda lame for cover art though dont' you think? I kinda expected a superman symbol put into a corn field... Like a crop circle. I think that would be an awesome cover.

jarofclay73 06-18-03 12:15 AM

I always thought that cover was a big spoiler.

lwhy? 06-18-03 06:32 AM

Special features from tvshowsondvd.com
Following up on yesterday's announcement of Smallville: The Complete First Season, Warner this morning has presented us with additional information, including a list of the supplements you can expect on this set:

Before the Legend...Before the Icon...He was a teenager growing up in Smallville. The complete first season of the groundbreaking series that chronicles the life of the boy who would be Superman is flying onto DVD in a 6-disc collector's set with super bonus features

Audio Commentary : Pilot and First Episode
DVD ROM Features : Link to Smallville site featuring added bonus material
Deleted Scenes : Pilot
Interactive tour of Smallville
Storyboards
TV Spot

There is also a new 3-dimensional look at the cover:

Smallville

SCHMEGGA 06-18-03 08:03 AM

Finally! I can't wait for this one.

marty888 06-18-03 08:43 AM

This is gonna be fun!

mikeporter 06-18-03 09:33 AM

Sweet! -biggrin- -biggrin- -biggrin-

Jonny2k1 06-18-03 09:58 AM

Smallville is awesome, I've been waiting for the DVD for a while. Hopefully this show won't follow the likes of some other WB shows and get shut down while amidst raising popularity.

Iron_Giant 06-18-03 11:38 AM

Originally posted by lwhy?
Special features from tvshowsondvd.com
Following up on yesterday's announcement of Smallville: The Complete First Season, Warner this morning has presented us with additional information, including a list of the supplements you can expect on this set:

Before the Legend...Before the Icon...He was a teenager growing up in Smallville. The complete first season of the groundbreaking series that chronicles the life of the boy who would be Superman is flying onto DVD in a 6-disc collector's set with super bonus features

Audio Commentary : Pilot and First Episode
DVD ROM Features : Link to Smallville site featuring added bonus material
Deleted Scenes : Pilot
Interactive tour of Smallville
Storyboards
TV Spot

There is also a new 3-dimensional look at the cover:

Smallville

Is the Pilot included in the 1st season.

I just bought on EBay last night.

Amel 06-18-03 04:22 PM

this seems like a cool show. I haven't been able to catch them all, mainly cause I knew I'd pick them up on dvd at some point. But $65?? I really hope that's a misprint. That will put it off my list.

MisterHowie 06-18-03 05:14 PM

This is great news, even if the DVD extra features are essentially the same ones that are on the Canadian Region 1 Pilot + Episode DVD.

Would love it if in a future season they could produce a documentary about Superman, the origins, history and various incarnations in film and television, of course focusing on the Clark Kent side of the story.

Still, I'm looking forward to this one.