Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Digital Bits says Indy Jones DVD announcement is soon

Old 04-28-03, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

According to Digital Bits.com:

"Word has reached us from a number of independent industry and retail sources that Paramount is preparing their announcement of the Indiana Jones Trilogy DVD box set. The buzz is that the studio will make the news official in the next few weeks. Our sources are telling us that the set will be 4 discs in all - 1 each for the films (all in anamorphic widescreen) along with a 4th disc of bonus content. The films will reportedly only be available in the box set. And the set is expected to see worldwide release in November. Thanks to everyone who's sent in information on this. Keep in mind, that this is still very much in the rumor stage. But even the various talent involved has confirmed that the DVDs are in the works, so we felt it important to post this information as a sort of heads-up. Of course, we'll post any and all official news on this release in the daily column the moment it comes in. Stay tuned..."

It sounds as if Paramount is following the same format as they did with Godfather by having just the movies on the discs and the extras on one disc. It sounds good so far. Let's just see if it's actually true this time.
Old 04-28-03, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds nice. I'm hoping it's pretty heavy on features too.
Old 04-28-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm guessing the commentary tracks will be similar to the SW Ep 1 and 2 DVDs; Lucas, the editor, and the visual effects staff.
Old 04-28-03, 06:10 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Well, since these films were directed by Stephen Spielberg, I wouldn't expect commentaries - at least not from the director.

Wouldn't it be great if there were, though?
Old 04-28-03, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

sounds cool...even though the first film is really all I wanted.
Old 04-28-03, 06:52 PM

About time...
Old 04-28-03, 06:59 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Geofferson
About time...
It aint "about time" until they actually announce it imo.
Old 04-28-03, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope this is true so we don't have to wait another year for the second film, and two years for the third as was rumored.

I also hope this doesn't mean Universal will push back Schindler's List to next year.
Old 04-28-03, 07:22 PM

I'd love to see a Spielberg, Ford commentary and DTS on each film but I'm just glad that they are finally coming to DVD.
Old 04-28-03, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad they are finally coming. And glad they're all being released at the same time.
Old 04-28-03, 07:51 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Since these are Paramount titles, DTS tracks are likely.

As far as either a Ford or Spielberg commentary, I won't hold my breath.

How about having screenwriter's commentaries? I think Lucas and Kasdan would have some interesting things to say about the story, at least for Raiders.

And is Schindler's List a Paramount title? I think it was put out by Universal. So look for a really screwed up DVD of SL, but I don't think it will conflict with the Indy trilogy.

If anything, Uni may want to time their release to compete with the Indy films (not that ma and pa are going to be running out to grab SL for the kids to watch, which is unfortuntate).

-- Jough
Old 04-28-03, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jough
Since these are Paramount titles, DTS tracks are likely.
You wouldn't have made that statement a few months ago.

Even now, I'm not necessarily expecting DTS, although these films may be the reason why Paramount started supporting DTS in the first place.
Old 04-28-03, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It would seem Lucas would make the final call --- so I am going to have to guess they will NOT have DTS.

DD-EX is more likely.
Old 04-28-03, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not complaining, but Jack Ryan SE gets 2 DVD's per flick but Indy only 1 plus a bonus? Ouch.
Old 04-28-03, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Oh, dang, I forgot these would be THX-certified.

I'm not DTS expert, but I don't think there are any DTS titles that are THX-ed, are there?

I know Lucas is a big Dolby supporter, so we'll see, I guess.

And yes, at the outset of 2003 I would not have expected many DTS titles from Paramount, but they're doing DTS for the Jack Ryan boxed set and some other higher-profile titles this year. So maybe they'll go for it. If there aren't any other extras on the three movie discs they may as well.

-- Jough
Old 04-28-03, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If Indy only has one disc of extras, I would hope there will be a lot of good material filled on the disc.

Good point about the THX-certified too. The more I think about it, I can almost guarantee no DTS now.
Old 04-28-03, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, a couple of Fox's Five-star collection have THX-certification with DTS, as do Moulin Rouge, From Hell, X-Men 1.5, and T2. Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment. And whose to say they won't include DTS, I don't know of any concrete evidence Lucas is against it and Spielberg seems to adore it.

tacomantt, the Jack Ryan SEs are only single-discs.

Last edited by Rizor; 04-28-03 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-28-03, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

can't wait to get these...hopefully they will be more along the line of the Jack Ryan set price instead of the Godfather set price
Old 04-28-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Are these a good blind buy?

::ducking and running::

Old 04-28-03, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by TomOpus
Are these a good blind buy?

::ducking and running::

You geek

come here you....!!!!

Old 04-28-03, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So this is actually the announcement of a rumor about a forthcoming announcement .... forgive me if I'm not quite ready to do handstands over this.
Old 04-28-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What other Paramount titles have been anounced with DTS? The only ones I had heard of are the Jack Ryan discs.
Old 04-28-03, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Bcolon
What other Paramount titles have been anounced with DTS? The only ones I had heard of are the Jack Ryan discs.
that's all
Old 04-28-03, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by marty888
So this is actually the announcement of a rumor about a forthcoming announcement .... forgive me if I'm not quite ready to do handstands over this.
I agree. I, myself, am waiting for the announcement of the confirmation about the announcement of the rumor about a forthcoming announcement before I do my handstands..
Old 04-28-03, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds the music.... Break out the Fedoras and Whips!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.