DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Two new WWE DVDs coming 6/24 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/288942-two-new-wwe-dvds-coming-6-24-a.html)

angryyoungman 04-28-03 08:35 AM

Two new WWE DVDs coming 6/24

From the Bits: Sony will be releasing WWE: Backlash 2003 and WWE: From the Vault - Shawn Michaels on 6/24. No specs yet, but I hope they get that HBK disc right!

Class316 04-28-03 09:11 AM

Re: Two new WWE DVDs coming 6/24

Originally posted by angryyoungman
and WWE: From the Vault - Shawn Michaels on 6/24. No specs yet, but I hope they get that HBK disc right!
This will put a rest to the myths behind logo censoring on DVDs once it’s out!

tonymontana313 04-28-03 11:32 AM

Its a good thing the WWE is working on releasing the footage from earlier years. My only question is that a Bret Hart dvd HAS to follow. I am sure the WWE has been flooded with emails and letters for a Bret Hart dvd. Bret "Hitman" Hart was my favorite wrestler growing up and I would buy that in a heartbeat!

Class316 04-28-03 12:04 PM

Originally posted by tonymontana313
Its a good thing the WWE is working on releasing the footage from earlier years. My only question is that a Bret Hart dvd HAS to follow. I am sure the WWE has been flooded with emails and letters for a Bret Hart dvd. Bret "Hitman" Hart was my favorite wrestler growing up and I would buy that in a heartbeat!
Unless he returns I doubt they will.

PixyJunket 04-28-03 12:28 PM

I have to agree with Class on this one.. WWE only markets stuff that's currently on television. If a wrestler isn't on the current roster, then they don't exsist. :/

Rocky_Stallone 04-28-03 04:46 PM

Not only HBK has a DVD coming out, Rey Mysterio is coming out with one too. :)

Tarantino 04-28-03 04:50 PM

Too bad all of Rey's good matches came before he was in the WWE.

nodeerforamonth 04-28-03 05:25 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
Too bad all of Rey's good matches came before he was in the WWE.
But the WWE owns the video library of WCW and will soon own the video library of ECW. I'm sure much of the DVD will be from those matches.

Now if only they could get some of his AAA matches!

SteveOVig 04-28-03 07:04 PM

Last I heard, the chances weren't good for the "WWE" in getting the ECW library. I hope it stays that way, personally. We'd never see ECW events again if they got the library.

Class316 04-28-03 07:20 PM

Originally posted by SteveOVig
Last I heard, the chances weren't good for the "WWE" in getting the ECW library. I hope it stays that way, personally. We'd never see ECW events again if they got the library.
they're all on R2

rvd1083 04-28-03 09:03 PM

Them getting the ECW library is pretty much guaranteed now.

DeanoBKN 04-28-03 11:03 PM

I'm praying they do this HBK tape justice. I'm still sour over them leaving out the WM6 match between Ultimate Warrior and Hogan on Hogan's recent DVD release.

Dean

cerial442 04-28-03 11:21 PM

They left that match off of Hogan's DVD, because Hogan lost. It is however on the Wrestlemania X-8 DVD.

the narrator 04-29-03 12:17 AM

i'll probably pick up the HBK disc if all the logos aren't blurred out on it

Erik68 04-29-03 01:15 AM

WWE owns the WCW, ECW and AWA libraries already.

kthemmes 04-29-03 02:25 AM

Originally posted by Class316
Bret Hart met with Vince McMahon in Florida a couple of months ago.

I watched an interview with Bret on Canada's talk show "Off the Record, so they are the same page. Vince also gave Bret full access to the WWE vault , so he could work on his biography. I'm sure we will see a Bret Hart DVD in the future

edytwinky 04-29-03 04:10 AM

I bet they'll release a Bret Hart DVD, just not anytime this year.

SteveOVig 04-29-03 08:18 AM

They don't own the ECW library yet and there has been no word lately on if they'll get it.

Not all of the events are out in Europe. And they're R0 BTW. Atleast the ones I bought were.

Class316 04-29-03 08:46 AM

Originally posted by Erik68
WWE owns the WCW, ECW and AWA libraries already.
ummm....where did you get the info that they own ECW and AWA. It's not true (at least not at the moment)

Class316 04-29-03 08:48 AM

Originally posted by SteveOVig
They don't own the ECW library yet and there has been no word lately on if they'll get it.

Not all of the events are out in Europe. And they're R0 BTW. Atleast the ones I bought were.

Enough of them are anyway. So far I got these:

R1:

Best of Cactus Jack
Barely Legal

R0 UK:

Heatwave 99

What would you recommend? (hardcore ones please)

mkdevo 04-29-03 10:10 AM

i got the barely legal dvds too... there's no wrestling though.. ;)

:lol:

Erik68 04-29-03 10:16 AM

<B>Been watching Confidential from the start and I notice when they did a feature on DDP and more recently one on Chris Jericho, they had some AWA footage. How did WWE get AWA footage? </B>

The company acquired it. They are out to get as much wrestling footage as they can so that they can start offering it for sale "on demand" on cable systems, as well as using it in their television pieces. They recently won the bid in bankruptcy court to get their hands on the ECW footage as well.

http://www.1wrestling.com/ask1w/ask1...id=9757&page=6

SteveOVig 04-29-03 01:03 PM

I still won't take it as official until I hear something more concrete.

Erik68 04-29-03 01:21 PM

Go around in denial, fine with me. The info is from the former webmaster and and employee of ECW. But, believe what you want.

AdamComic2 04-29-03 01:42 PM

If Bret ever returns, he won't be wrestling, that's for sure. He is nearly crippled. After his severe concussion he sustained which pretty much ended his career, he has had at least one stroke. "The Excellence of Execution" isn't quite so healthy anymore, I'm sad to say.