DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Universals lacking of sci-fi/horror DVD releases (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/288786-universals-lacking-sci-fi-horror-dvd-releases.html)

dvd-4-life 04-27-03 09:20 AM

Universals lacking of sci-fi/horror DVD releases

Whatever happened to Universal Monsters collection?Did they pull the plug on it?What movies are they sitting on that are begging for a release on DVD.There are two Creature From the Black Lagoon sequels.

TomOpus 04-27-03 09:29 AM

Check out this thread from last month. Hopefully it will have the info you're looking for....

Universal Monsters

DavidH 04-27-03 09:46 AM

I wish they would release the original Incredible Shrinking Man.

danol 04-27-03 12:03 PM

I wish they would release "The H Man".

Disc-Flipper 04-27-03 02:46 PM

Slack-ass Universal has yet to release these wanted titles of mine to region 1:

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
Phantasm II
Phantasm III
Child's Play 3
The People Under the Stairs

(Yes, I know some of them are available in other regions.)

I e-mailed their customer relations and got the same old "We have no plans at this time to release those." At least they answered me.

I guess they're too busy designing the intricate packaging on E.T., framing BTTF nicely, and deciding on which editions of Path Adams, The Mummy and American Pie to churn out next.

dvd-4-life 04-27-03 03:26 PM

Universal used to be my favorite studio for DVD's-now even Warner Brothers have surpassed them along w/Fox and Paramount.

DavidH 04-27-03 09:29 PM

You really have to wonder what goes on over at that studio - with all their screw-ups and lack of releases and much needed re-releases, no chat interviews - that studio has to be the worst.

Chad 04-27-03 09:54 PM

I desperately need them to re-release all the Monsters Double Features:

Dracula's Daughter/Son of Dracula
The Ghost of Frankenstein/Son of Frankenstein
Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman/House of Frankenstein
The Mummy's Ghost/The Mummy's Curse
The Mummy's Hand/The Mummy's Tomb
Werewolf of London/She-Wolf of London

When??

Gerry P. 04-27-03 10:59 PM

When, O When?:

The Invisible Man Returns
The Invisible Woman

markdclark43016 04-28-03 12:25 PM

>>I wish they would release the original Incredible Shrinking Man.<<

An SE for this film was under development at one time, but that project was scrapped when they elected to switch over to the double-feature format they used for the last batch of Monsters Classics titles. An SE for the Ulmer RAVEN was scrapped at the same time.

Apparently Universal was considering some of its Hammer classics, including BRIDES OF DRACULA, for SE treatment, as well, but those plans, too, went by the boards.

For the record, the Universal titles I'd most like to see are SHRINKING MAN, the Ulmer RAVEN, the CREATURE sequels, HOUSE OF DRACULA, TARANTULA and the INVISIBLE MAN sequels.

But I'd also love for the Big U to get around to its Paramount horror titles, especially ISLAND OF LOST SOULS and THE UNINVITED, and its Hammer horrors, especially BRIDES OF DRACULA and CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF.