Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Indiana Jones trilogy to be released over span of 3 years (Spy Report)

Community
Search

Indiana Jones trilogy to be released over span of 3 years (Spy Report)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-03, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
I will take them anyway I can get them. I at least have my bootlegs to keep me happy until then.
Old 04-23-03, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's really stupid! Go figure it's Spielberg and Lucas afterall
Old 04-23-03, 04:56 PM
Cool New Member

Not Bloody Likely

This business about linking within the movie to docs about the subject matter, locations, etc. sounds familiar... InfiniFilm anyone? Of course, Infinifilm doesn't "force" you to watch the supplements. I don't believe for a second that anyone would make such a dumb choice as to integrate mandatory "stops" that totally take you out of the film. Even the InfiniFilm series strongly urges you to watch the entire film through before enabling the InfiniFilm features. There's not a director out there who would opt to have their film interrupted with some tangential documentary.

I'd still welcome an "InfiniFilm" treatment of the movies... though it certainly wouldn't be called "InfiniFilm" cuz that's owned by New Line.
Old 04-23-03, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
come on people it's just rumors!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a good fealing we'll see all 3 this year.
Old 04-23-03, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Originally posted by Canadian Bacon
come on people it's just rumors!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a good fealing we'll see all 3 this year.
I have the same feeling. Give us the movies now...
Old 04-23-03, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally posted by TomOpus
I have the same feeling. Give us the movies now...
theraider.net ...This sounds very exciting but it's still only a rumor. It's the first time I heard that the Indy films will be interactive so I'm not certain what to think about. But I currently doubt that the Indy Trilogy will be released one at a time. Why?
I have received information from someone working at a company specialized in embossing DVD boxes that his company is doing a lot of work on a special Indiana Jones Trilogy DVD box. Something similar to the 20th Anniversary Edition 'Alien Legacy' DVD box, but only much better

Yeah why would there be a box being made now if they'd release them a year apart? I kidna think the rumors are just for getting people to visit their (theforce.net) site.
Old 04-23-03, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah why would there be a box being made now if they'd release them a year apart?
How do we REALLY know that this box is being built that you are so certain about?

There is NO evidence to any of these claims. Until there is, all of it is arbitrary.
Old 04-23-03, 07:37 PM
Suspended

Hooray! I'll be dead before Indy and SW are on DVD!
Old 04-23-03, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by shanester
I didn't know they were doing Indy 4??..Isn't Harrison Ford a little to old to be running around saving the world with a whip??

I barely got through believing Sean Connery as his father in Indy 3
There are only 12 years difference.

I have my LD collection that will hold me over, but I'd love to see some extras.
Old 04-23-03, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Most "mature" actresses with considerable acting skills
decry the Hollywood need to cast young and nubile actresses rather than tried-and-true (and somewhat older) talent. Indy's leading ladies have been young and nubile (Karen Allen in the first, Kate Capshaw in the second, ??? as the German uber-babe in the third), so Spielberg and Co. stuck with the formula in the series. Kate Capshaw now, older and also somewhat altered after having children with Spielberg, doesn't seem to fit the leading lady characteristics that both the Indy movies and Hollywood look for. I apologize if offense was taken; Hollywood casting directors probably don't care who gets offended as long as the box office is served.

Now, while it might make sense for a 59-year old Indy to romance
someone closer to his age, that didn't stop Ford from making "Six Days, Seven Nights" with Anne Heche, and in one of the most egregious examples of disparity, consider Sean Connery and Katherine Zeta-Jones in "Entrapment". In fact, there was a recent article somewheres that I read talking about how clearly non-hunky actors on TV sitcoms ("King of Queens", "According to Jim" i.e., Jim Belushi, David Spade on "Just Shoot Me") get paired with young and nubile hotties like Leah Rimini, Courtney Thorne-Smith and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos. TV and Hollywood clearly don't reflect the average state of affairs.

(Of course, there are always exceptions, like the remake of "The Thomas Crown Affair". It helps to be Rene Russo when bucking a trend.)
Old 04-24-03, 01:03 AM

Originally posted by Martin Blythe
Rumor and speculation.
If only we had a sign..... Kekeke...
Old 04-24-03, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm surprised how many posts were made after a Paramount Rep says "Rumor and speculation".

Thanks Corky for quoting that, it would have gotten lost in this thread.
Old 04-24-03, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Originally posted by JoeyOhhhh
I'm surprised how many posts were made after a Paramount Rep says "Rumor and speculation".

Thanks Corky for quoting that, it would have gotten lost in this thread.
Yeah, somehow I missed it before I made my previous post, but at least I thought it wasn't true either.

I think Martin should post in big red letters...
Old 04-24-03, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Great! If I wanted to watch these films as "pop up videos", I'd wait for them to be shown on VH-1's "Movies that rock!"
Old 04-24-03, 09:18 AM

Geez... I just scanned right past "rumour and speculation" without realizing that was Martin posting. Thanks Corky.

I was suspicious the second I saw "I’ve also read rumors on other news sites" in that story. So it's a story about rumours based on rumours. :P

Thanks for clearin' it up Martin!!!
Old 04-24-03, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I seem to recall Spielberg saying he was pushing the studio for all 3 at once. And doesn't he usually get his way?
Old 04-24-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I seem to recall Spielberg saying he was pushing the studio for all 3 at once. And doesn't he usually get his way?
Not unless Lucas wants his way.
Old 04-24-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the old Wall Street journal with Spielberg said that he and Lucas wanted the one at a time release pattern, but Paramount wanted it as a boxed set.
Old 04-24-03, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Rizor
I think the old Wall Street journal with Spielberg said that he and Lucas wanted the one at a time release pattern, but Paramount wanted it as a boxed set.
Hmm...I thought it was the exact opposite. Now I can't remember for sure. Damn you's guys! Now I'm confused!
Old 04-24-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can try looking up the darn thing....and here it is:

Last week, Hollywood Journal sat down with the 55-year-old Mr. Spielberg for a discussion of everything from the status of "Indiana Jones 4" to his thoughts on why "Minority Report" wasn't much of a blockbuster in the U.S. Here are excerpts:

Q. Speaking of upcoming projects, what's the status of "Indiana Jones 4"?

A. Frank Darabont (writer of "The Green Mile") is writing the screenplay as we speak. We're looking to start production in May of 2004 and come out for the July 4th weekend 2005.

Q. "E.T." is finally out on DVD after a long wait. Fans of Indiana Jones are hoping "Raiders of the Lost Ark" won't be far behind, but Paramount is mum. Can you fill us in?

A. We're aiming for next fall. George Lucas and I are having an argument with Paramount. Paramount wants to come out with all three [Indiana Jones] movies in one package. George [writer and producer of "Raiders"] and I want to come out with one film at a time and then come out with all three movies, and maybe even the fourth one, in one package later. (Paramount says there is no argument and discussions are ongoing.)
Old 04-24-03, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's misinformation. It's not going to be released one at a time. Trust me. It will be a box set most likely.
Old 04-24-03, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From a financial standpoint, Paramount, Lucas, and Spielberg will make more money if they sell them as a boxset since this will force people to essentially pay for the movie(s) they don't want - just like Godfather III and Back to the Future III. I mean I never would have bought either of those films, but I was forced to since I wanted the first two films of each.

Last edited by DavidH; 04-24-03 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-24-03, 11:00 PM

Count me as someone who'd prefer to buy all 3 movies at once.
Old 04-25-03, 06:21 AM

Count me as someone who'd prefer to buy all 3 movies at once.
Same here, and same goes for the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.
Old 04-25-03, 07:54 AM
Banned

Same here...but I have to say with Young Indy that bundles would be preferable.

Or maybe that's just my credit card talking.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.