DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   autographed dvd's (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/287906-autographed-dvds.html)

tinlunlau 04-23-03 01:29 AM

autographed dvd's

just askin'...

does anybody have any autographed DVD's in their DVD collection?

cuz today marked the day when i finally have my first autographed DVD ever. my copy of "Infernal Affairs" (DVD) is signed by one of the movies co-stars Kelly Chen in Toronto today. wish Tony Leung can come to toronto. hopefully for another toronto filmfest or something. now, i want my "Hero" (dvd) signed.

(edit: my bad....please transfer this message to the "DVD Talk" section. thanks.)

caligulathegod 04-23-03 05:47 AM

My Evil Dead 1 and 2 are signed by Bruce Cambell. Met him at a 24 hour Horror Marathon.

Michael Corvin 04-23-03 08:40 AM

Chasing Amy courtesy of Kevin Smith

JLyon1515 04-23-03 10:34 AM

I've got a custom cover I made for the Twin Peaks Pilot DVD signed by I'd say 10 of the cast members. Let's see if I can name them:
Richard Beymer
Russ Tamblyn
Kimmy Robertson
Catherine Coulson (who also signed my custom Short Films of David Lynch)
Don Davis
Charlotte Stewart
Andrea Hayes
Julee Cruise (who also signed her new CD)
Jan D'Arcy

Hmmm, that's all I can remember.

Roy28 04-23-03 07:11 PM

My Evil Dead II tin is autographed by Bruce Campbell. I also have a copy of Mst3k: The Movie autographed by Mike Nelson, Trace Beaulieu, Jim Mallon and Kevin Murphy.

cupcake jesus 04-23-03 07:30 PM

Platoon: SE signed by Oliver Stone--met him at Brown U. last year. Nice guy. Big and sweaty, but cool.

tinlunlau 04-23-03 08:26 PM

here's hoping that i can get "Hero" autographed by Tony Leung.
anybody know if he'll come to Toronto for the Toronto filmfest like he did in the year 2000 for "In the mood for love"?

i'll probably ask him to sign next Kelly Chen. (especially when Tony Leung won for best actor for this movie recently)

xfilekr 04-23-03 10:22 PM

I have "Killer Klowns From Outer Space" autographed by the Chiodo brothers and "Patch Adams" autographed by the real Patch Adams (not Robin Williams)

BasiaMille 04-24-03 03:26 PM

Autographs!

Yeah, and I've already had to double-dip, upgrading from an original that's autographed. And it may happen again, sooner than later:

Cube (1st Ed.): Nicole DeBoer
Alien: Veronica Cartwright, Ron Shusett
Terminator 2 Metal case: Stan Winston
Re-Animator: Jeffrey Combs, Stuart Gordon
Frighteners: Jeffrey Combs
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back: Kevin Smith

and last (in no particular order, natch) but not least,

Jason & The Argonauts: Ray Harryhausen (yay!)

BOMM,

CS

lesterlong 04-24-03 06:23 PM

AoD by Bruce

Mickey 04-25-03 06:33 PM

Up in Smoke and Still Smoking by Tommy Chong

SGT Kabukiman NYPD, Tromeo and Juliet by Lloyd Kaufman

Candyman by Tony Todd

skipnet 04-25-03 11:52 PM

Star Trek: TMP- Robert Wise
The first release of Wrath of Khan- Ricardo Montalban

Skip

pdjennings 04-30-03 10:10 PM

Jonathan Demme & Thandie Newton

http://pdjennings.com/dvd/signed_beloved.jpg

Jonathan Demme

http://pdjennings.com/dvd/signed_sotl.jpg

Also have:

Fatal Attraction - signed by Michael Douglas & Glenn Close

Devil's Backbone - signed by Guillermo del Toro

Michael Corvin 05-03-03 10:06 PM

HAH! I love it. I just got back from my honeymoon about 7 pm tonight. I live in Louisville, KY so I just missed the Kentucky Derby. Anyway, the restaurant I work at had a visiter there around 9 that I had to go see. I have to mention that this is a BBQ joint that the average meal is probably about $7-$8 unless you go for the $15 ribs. Anyway, Steven Speilberg himself was there. My brother phoned me and I rushed over there.

WOW! Very humble man. Very friendly, my wife and I told him(Kate was there too, and a couple of friends), that we work there and just got back from our honeymoon two hours prior. He shook our hands, congratulated us and asked us where we went. Told him Disney World and the Kennedy Space Center. He said he had never been there. I thought that was kinda funny. Anyway, I had him sign Saving Private Ryan and my wife handed him Jaws to sign and his friend said that he doesn't sign Jaws anymore...pause... he just takes a bite out of them. :) Very friendly group. Too bad his horse lost.

Awesome way to cap off the honeymoon week!

btornado 05-04-03 01:38 AM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
HAH! I love it. I just got back from my honeymoon about 7 pm tonight. I live in Louisville, KY so I just missed the Kentucky Derby. Anyway, the restaurant I work at had a visiter there around 9 that I had to go see. I have to mention that this is a BBQ joint that the average meal is probably about $7-$8 unless you go for the $15 ribs. Anyway, Steven Speilberg himself was there. My brother phoned me and I rushed over there.

WOW! Very humble man. Very friendly, my wife and I told him(Kate was there too, and a couple of friends), that we work there and just got back from our honeymoon two hours prior. He shook our hands, congratulated us and asked us where we went. Told him Disney World and the Kennedy Space Center. He said he had never been there. I thought that was kinda funny. Anyway, I had him sign Saving Private Ryan and my wife handed him Jaws to sign and his friend said that he doesn't sign Jaws anymore...pause... he just takes a bite out of them. :) Very friendly group. Too bad his horse lost.

Awesome way to cap off the honeymoon week!

You should've asked him when he's gonna release Schindler's List. Maybe if you got down on your knees and begged he might release it soon :).

Michael Corvin 05-04-03 07:07 AM

I thought about that and other things, but I didn't want to bug him too much. It didn't seem as if anyone had noticed it was him. I hope we didn't start something after we left.