DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Superbit Slipcovers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/287851-superbit-slipcovers.html)

chase3001 04-22-03 07:23 PM

Superbit Slipcovers

I'm wondering what the policy is for slipcovers for superbits. For example, I recently ordered Gattaca SB and it came without a slipcover, but I distinctly remembered seeing it a while back with a slipcover. I've seen the same thing for Dracula SB. I thought that maybe the new printings do not include a slipcover anymore, but I noticed that the last 4 new superbits that came out included slipcovers.

Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks

Tarek

the narrator 04-22-03 07:34 PM

i think it's just random..i've seen some of the newer ones with and without them. Doesn't seem to be any explanation as to why some don't have them..Gattaca seems to be one that frequently doesn't have one

shanester 04-22-03 07:48 PM

DAS BOOT came in a silver cover..It looks very nice!

Don't they all come like that??

This is the first on I've baught the presentation left me very impressed excellent video/audio

I'll proably get XXX, Bad Boys, Adapation too coming out in May

PS.. Already have the Charlie's Angels SE from last year no need to upgrade to the the Superbit (Deluxe Burger with Fries and a Coke) :)

J.P.V. 04-22-03 08:27 PM

It's only the first pressings of Gattaca & Bram Stoker's Dracula that didn't have the slipcovers. All the other ones have them, but with 2 different styles of slipcovers.

DavidH 04-22-03 09:15 PM

Damn...I wish my Superbit Dracula came with one....maybe I will write them a letter for one.

chase3001 04-22-03 09:17 PM

Originally posted by DavidH
Damn...I wish my Superbit Dracula came with one....maybe I will write them a letter for one.
Is it possible to get them to send you a slipcover?

chase3001 04-22-03 09:19 PM

Originally posted by J.P.V.
It's only the first pressings of Gattaca & Bram Stoker's Dracula that didn't have the slipcovers. All the other ones have them, but with 2 different styles of slipcovers.
Is there a site that talks about the multiple slipcovers?

DavidH 04-22-03 09:32 PM

Well, Artisan sent me the keepcase to the UNRATED Basic Instinct so I could replace that terrible ice pick package. I would hope Columbia Tri Star has enough class to do so, as well.

Civic2oo1 04-22-03 10:36 PM

Basically when the first 5 were released, (Air Force One, Johnny Mneumonic, Crouching Tiger, Desperado, and Fifth Element) were originally released in what looked exactly like their original cover art (the only difference being the back had the Superbit info on it) and they were wrapped by a cheap, paper full slip cover. Then Gattaca and Dracula came out with just a silver keep case. After that the 3rd wave came out with the current hard cardboard half slip cover. This must've been a hit, because after that all the future releases (not including Panic Room) have come out like this. And Columbia went back and redid all of the previous ones like this. Seems like you got one of the original releases. How do I know all this? I guess you can say I have one of those memories. I'm just kinda pissed off that it seems like they're going away from this. Charlie's Angels looks like it has a black cover, and Adaptation and Punch Drunk Love appear to not follow the slipcover routine.

chase3001 04-22-03 10:54 PM

Anyone know how to contact Columbia Tri-Star? I can't seem to find any contact info at www.cthe.com or www.superbitdvd.com

UKingdom 04-23-03 12:30 AM

Yes, someone do tell; I'm getting a slipcase-less Gattaca and would love to get them to mail me one as well if possible.

Ergyu 04-23-03 01:33 AM

XXX is coming out superbit? FLKHJHSDFLKJHSDLFHSDLfhasdf damn! This movie was hardly worth blind buying the first time, but it had great sound. I don't want to buy this again for DTS!

C Roberts 04-23-03 10:14 AM

I throw away the slip-covers. Maybe if they had different art than what's on the actual cover, but I don't like cheap cardboard snapper cases and don't like cheap cardboard covers on my keepcases either. :-p

jough 04-23-03 10:05 PM

Originally posted by DavidH
Well, Artisan sent me the keepcase to the UNRATED Basic Instinct so I could replace that terrible ice pick package.
How did you contact them to get the BI keepcase? I e-mailed them about it but have heard nothing.

I too hate the ice pick case.

-- Jough

DVD Polizei 04-23-03 10:22 PM

(DVD Polizei takes out Ice Pick and raises it over his head)

What? You don't like the ice-pick case?

(Suspense music cues with stabbing action)

(stab stab stab)

jough 04-23-03 10:27 PM

Ha.

Ha.