DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Today's Special..available on DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/287643-todays-special-available-dvd.html)

NotThatGuy 04-21-03 11:17 PM

Today's Special..available on DVD?

Hey All,

Is "Today's Special" on DVD? (TV Show from the 80's)

Thanks!

-pedagogue

ps. http://www.schuminweb.com/todays-special/main-page.htm

Static Cling 04-21-03 11:35 PM

I totally remember this show. When I was younger, I even met the cast when they did some sort of show in person. And to top off the geek factor, I got their signatures. It'd be neat if they were on DVD... haven't heard anything, though.

AndyB976 04-21-03 11:49 PM

I used to love this show when I was a kid. Something tells me though, we probably won't be seeing it on DVD. It's a shame too, cause I would probably buy it for my nephew or something. That way I could buy (and watch) it with little to no embarassment.

//Edit: Wow, that webpage brings back some memories.

the narrator 04-21-03 11:53 PM

i used to watch that show all the time when i was little..i don't think it's on dVD yet though...maybe someday

succubiss 04-22-03 12:58 AM

oh wow, jeff and jodie! time warp.

danicus007 04-22-03 07:32 AM

Holy crap, Today's Special was awesome. I would love to watch them again.

"Today's special...come join the fun...da da da."

mjlukich 04-22-03 08:50 AM

Used to watch that show with our oldest daughter when she was 2 or so, and have NEVER found anyone else who remembers the show at all, until now. At least I know we weren't hallucinating. :-)

jiggyblau 04-22-03 11:53 AM

Wow, blast from the past. Remember when they found that old permit thingy inside the wall after looking all over the place? It was all almost over!

What a fun show...

Brak55 04-22-03 06:06 PM

Oh my God...I'd forgotten about this show. My daughter used to be in love with Muffy mouse.

Colleen 04-23-03 01:31 PM

Originally posted by jiggyblau
Wow, blast from the past. Remember when they found that old permit thingy inside the wall after looking all over the place? It was all almost over!

What a fun show...

I used to watch this when I was pretty young, and that episode (or episodes, as I remember some kind of cliffhanger) when the store was going to be torn down was pretty upsetting as a youngster! It's the only specific plotline I still remember from the show. I caught some of the episodes a few years later and I was a little disappointed that much of the appeal had worn off in my old age!

jessecrx 04-23-03 01:45 PM

I'd give anything to watch Pinwheel again. Anyone remember those two little claymation dancers with the big hats that would dance around to that funny music? What were their names? :confused:

Colleen 04-23-03 03:01 PM

Originally posted by jessecrx
I'd give anything to watch Pinwheel again. Anyone remember those two little claymation dancers with the big hats that would dance around to that funny music? What were their names? :confused:
Pinwheel, pinwheel spinning around... Look through my window and see what I've found...

I didn't watch much of this because we didn't have cable at my house as a kid; I only got the chance to watch when I'd go to work with my dad, and they had a TV with cable in his office.

Gabe666 04-23-03 03:41 PM

We need a POLKA-DOT DOOR box set!
(Anyone else remeber this show?)

Kolchak 04-23-03 04:20 PM

Polkaroo!! Polkaroo!! I missed him again! Damn it :)

NotThatGuy 04-24-03 02:32 PM

Wow...it is the 80's all over again :)

-pedagogue

The Nature Boy 04-25-03 11:15 PM

Wasn't Jodie played by Robin Quivers?

NotThatGuy 05-12-03 02:39 PM

So...Anyone know if it is out on DVD?

-pedagogue

Colleen 05-12-03 02:55 PM

No, it's not, and I wouldn't hold your breath. You can vote for it at http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/showinfo.cfm?showID=5866 if you'd like.

btribble 05-13-03 09:29 AM

Hocus Pocus Alamagocus! Ah, Today's Special. Strangely enough, not only until years and years later did I realize that the title has a double meaning...

Fanboy 05-13-03 10:03 AM

Wow, I did not realize this show (or PDD) played anywhere outside of Ontario. Huh.

The Nature Boy 05-13-03 11:43 AM

Originally posted by btribble
Hocus Pocus Alamagocus! Ah, Today's Special. Strangely enough, not only until years and years later did I realize that the title has a double meaning...
Do enlighten, what's the double meaning? It's news to me!

djtoell 05-13-03 11:46 AM

Originally posted by The Nature Boy
Do enlighten, what's the double meaning? It's news to me!
The 's can either be possessive or a contraction. If possessive, it's the phrase used for a sale at a store (e.g., "this item is today's special"). If a contraction, it means "today is special."

DJ