DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Ultimate Jordan DVD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/287460-ultimate-jordan-dvd.html)

blrobl 04-21-03 09:48 AM

Ultimate Jordan DVD

Not sure which forum to post this question in but ... I went to a mall over the weekend. I happened to go into a store that was predominantly a seller of new (no used) DVD/VHS titles with ridiculous prices compared to BB, CC, etc. I found Ultimate Jordan ($26.99), Mulan ($29.99), Pocohontas ($29.99), and Pinnochio ($26.99) on DVD. I'm not sure if all of these are OOP. I think Ultimate Jordan and Pinnochio are. Anyway, are these titles worth getting at these prices brand new???

bmello 04-21-03 10:45 AM

Re: Ultimate Jordan DVD

Originally posted by blrobl
Anyway, are these titles worth getting at these prices brand new???
I dunno, do you want to watch them? Do you like those titles? If you want to purchase to turn a profit, check ebay prices.

blrobl 04-21-03 10:56 AM

I would not resell them. Just trying to expand my collection (arrived a little late in the game). The Jordan DVD is a must have for me. And I'm trying to get all the Disney titles (except shitty sequels). I am not sure if the ones I mentioned are OOP though. I don't regularly see those titles in BB, CC, Target, or Wal-Mart.

mad_cow_disease 04-21-03 11:11 AM

Those DVDs are OOP, surely. Jordan, and the Disney titles you mentioned - Pinocchio and Mulan. Any info on this store location?

blrobl 04-21-03 11:50 AM

I do not remember the name offhand ... but I will get name, #, location for anyone who is interested. It's in Denver, CO.

Tigger 04-21-03 02:43 PM

My guess.. it sounds like Suncoast or Sam Goody. :)

blrobl 04-21-03 03:32 PM

Is the general consensus though that I should pick these up? At least Jordan and Mulan? Are those the 'rarer' ones?

Tarantino 04-21-03 04:24 PM

I was also wondering how good the Ultimate Jordan disc is...any remarks???

chanster 04-21-03 04:33 PM

Bargain? Don't see one.

Ultimate Jordan is nice if you are a Jordan fan. Otherwise, I would skip it.

blrobl 04-21-03 04:43 PM

Originally posted by chanster
Bargain? Don't see one.

I don't recall anyone saying anything about a bargain. I'd pay more for these titles (including shipping, etc.) on ebay or amazon or anywhere else for that matter. In reality, I've never overpaid for a DVD so this would be a first. But if they are OOP and rare, to me it's worth it.

teddydogg 04-21-03 05:04 PM

moving to dvdtalk forum.

ScottReynolds 04-21-03 09:21 PM

Originally posted by chanster
Bargain? Don't see one.

Agreed, but I must say - with all the time that has passed, I had truly forgotten how good watching it was to watch Jordan in his prime. If you like basketball at all, I think this set will blow you away.

It blew me away when I popped it in like a month ago.

Oh.. and I guess I should trade or sell the sealed copy I picked up at the same time :-p

wdodd 04-22-03 09:15 AM

I live in the Denver area myself and I'd be interested in finding the Jordan title if you wouldn't mind sharing the store where you found it...

blrobl 04-22-03 12:38 PM

I would love to but they only have 1 copy left. I didn't buy it over the weekend becuase I wasn't so sure if it was OOP/rare and wanted to check here first. But I went and got it last night. Sorry everyone! If there were was more than one, I would have helped anyone out ...

kvrdave 04-22-03 11:01 PM

Boy, you guys sure are testy in here. Chill out.

Welcome to the forum, blrobl. Give us a second chance to make a first impression.