Details on upcoming 'Silent Night, Deadly Night'/'Halloween' DVDs

Community
Search

Details on upcoming 'Silent Night, Deadly Night'/'Halloween' DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-03, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I havnt really looked but 30-40 for Halloween and around 45-55 for Army from a guess.

While SN2 wasn't very good, I think it fits in well with the first one. Why? Well those two films watched back to back will screw any child up.
Old 04-16-03, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

AB better put all the extras for this new HalloweeN DVD on the 2nd disc so I can just buy the set & put the Extras in a case with my TV version & then I can get rid of the other 2 unnedded disc. I like commentaries, but I prefer documentaries & deleted scenes / extended versions more.
Old 04-17-03, 12:36 AM

Originally posted by DarthMaul420
Anchor Bay and Criterion are said to have extremely good business relationships with each other. I would assume this simply b/c they are two of the biggest non-studio release companies.
Pardon the hijack, but has anyone else noticed the Anchor Bay logo at the beginning of a few Criterion DVD's?

I am pretty sure I saw it on my Long Good Friday CC, Dead Ringers CC and maybe my Life of Brian CC (would have to double check all those - mind is a bit hazy).
Old 04-17-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MrMacabre
Pardon the hijack, but has anyone else noticed the Anchor Bay logo at the beginning of a few Criterion DVD's?
That's because Criterion licensed those titles from Anchor Bay. You'll find the AB logo on the back of the cases, too. Criterion didn't license Life of Brian from AB, though, but you may be thinking of Time Bandits,

DJ
Old 05-22-03, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From HTF's recent Anchor Bay chat:
what extras will the Silent Night Deadly Night dvd have?

oh that one's turning out to be a lot of fun. We are currently planning a double feature 2 Disc Set with Part 1 and 2. The original SNDN will have (tentatively) a director's commentary, an all-new widescreen transfer, trailers, etc, plus a section covering all the news articles and controversy surrounding the film's release back in the 80s. Expect it in October.
Can't wait for this one!

Rob
Old 05-23-03, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DarthMaul420
While SN2 wasn't very good, I think it fits in well with the first one. Why? Well those two films watched back to back will screw any child up.
Yeah but it is just like watching the same film back to back.

I see why they are including both films on the same disc. I mean really, who would by part 2, except for the two minutes of footage that isn't in part 1.