Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Tooth Fairy short pulled from Darkness Falls DVD (Director is going to distribute)

Tooth Fairy short pulled from Darkness Falls DVD (Director is going to distribute)

Old 04-11-03, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Arrow In The Head www.joblo.com/arrow
co -creator of Darkness Falls, Joe Harris was a tad bummed that his short Tooth Fairy isn't on the North American DVD release of the film. He e-mailed me this alternative for the fans, asking me to share. I'm sharing:
Joe Harris:
"Due to some strange last-minute decisions I had no knowledge of or control over (what else is new) my short film, TOOTH FAIRY, has been left off the North American DVD release of DARKNESS FALLS. I am told that it WILL be included on the international DVD release, later this summer. But this is a bummer, no doubt. So then... if you want to see the short, I have a simple solution that will make us all somewhat happy:
I'm going to give away copies of the short film to anyone who wants one on CD-ROM. That's it, plain and simple. For a limited time (so long as supplies last and the cost of shipping doesn't break me), I will send you a disc if you so request it. To get your copy, please send your name and mailing address to:
[email protected]
I only ask that you share this with whomever wants to see it and don't make me send one to all your friends when you can just pass it around, yourself! Feel free to share this offer with anyone and everyone. Like I said, limited time only.
Who knows? I may even include some little extras on the disc. If you're a fan of the genre, the movie or interested in seeing how an idea blossoms and is shaped (for good or ill, that's your call), I don't think you'll be disappointed. My gift to you!"
Best-
jh
Old 04-11-03, 04:29 PM

What a nice thing to do. Mr. Harris has just earned quite a bit of respect from me.
Old 04-11-03, 05:32 PM

Great, another "South Park Commentary CD" debacle.
Old 04-11-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Joe Harris.
Old 04-12-03, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

very cool of him. thanks for the post.
Old 04-28-03, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I received my Tooth Fairy short film disc today!

Considering that he is paying for all this out of his own pocket, the plain manilla envelope and basic CD-R didn't surprise me; however, the actual contents of the disc are pretty cool!

It is burned as a VCD, so you can use it on your DVD player. There's an opening menu where you can watch either the short film (roughly 5 mins. long) or check out a poster for the short, some behind-the-scenes photos, and the script.

The film itself was fairly well done. It's in widescreen and is about VHS quality, with decent (if a bit scratchy) sound. It feels pretty campy, but a lot of these older shorts do, and that's almost part of the fun. The ending is actually rather gross... moreso than anything in Darkness Falls!

Overall I give a big to Mr. Harris for a job well done on this little freebie.

Last edited by Cosmic Bus; 04-28-03 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-28-03, 12:52 PM

I got mine today also, it's a great little film, & it was free. Mr. Harris is a great guy, I wish more directors were like him.
Old 04-28-03, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
wow.

i didn't buy the film, had no interest in seeing it..but this is a VERY cool thing Mr. Harris did..

isn't it amazing that little things can be appreciated..?

i may just have to check the flick out now..
Old 04-28-03, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got Mine Today! It isnt half bad for what it is. It was so nice of JH to send it out to those that wanted a copy. Great work!

Last edited by Rammsteinfan; 04-28-03 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-28-03, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
got mine today too.
he didnt direst darkness falls tho'
but i think he was one of the screen writers on it.

too bad the movie shtanks so bad.
Old 04-28-03, 09:02 PM

Joe wrote and directed Tooth Fairy on which Darkness Falls is based. He wrote the screenplay for Darkness Falls, but someone else did some rewrites. Joe did a generous thing by making this available to us and it shows that he appreciates fans. From what I understand Tooth Fairy will be on the international DVD release, but was cut from North American release. Thanks for the hook-up Joe.......You Rock...
Old 04-28-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow. I didn't see Darkness, nor did I request one of the VCD's, but it's amazing that a guy would go through this much to please fans. He's earned a new one here, and I haven't even seen his work.

Great job, Mr. Harris.
Old 05-01-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received mine today, I only wish DVD retailers would be as quick! Great gift to fans.
Old 05-01-03, 04:40 PM

Did anyone receive confirmation e-mails, and if not, how long did it take for you guys to receive your discs in the mail?

I'm so excited about this, but I'm paranoid that he'll stop sending then out because I only e-mailed him last Friday...
Old 05-01-03, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ignition
Did anyone receive confirmation e-mails, and if not, how long did it take for you guys to receive your discs in the mail?
I didn't get a confirmation, but my disc showed up in the mail a few days ago. I think it took about 2 weeks or so.
Old 05-01-03, 05:30 PM

Okay, thank you.

I got a bit to wait then.... hopefully it'll come home to coincide with my being done with school...
Old 05-01-03, 05:44 PM

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
I got this in an e-mail the other day (I just recently sent in my request: )
Thanks to everyone for the response. I expected a lot of requests. I did not expect the amount of compliments and well wishes which many of you sent along with your requests.

Geez... I hope you don't hate the damn thing!

I'm going to be closing this email address shortly as supplies ran out a while ago and the giveaway offer is coming to an end. Many of you did not receive a proper label for the VCD. For this, I apologize. But I've attached a jpg of the label so you can print your own in dazzling color and label your cds yourself.

Anyway, thanks again for the response. It was awesome and I was happy to share TOOTH FAIRY with you. If you're so inclined to keep up with 'Joe News' and the latest movie and comic projects, from 'Children of the Corn' on down (God help you all, by the way), feel free to cruise by my website and check out the message board where I try to answer questions and interact. It's easier than dealing with individual emails. The addresses are at the bottom.

I love horror movies and love interacting with those who appreciate them. Thanks again!

Best-
jh
www.josephharris.com
http://forums.delphiforums.com/josephharris
Old 05-01-03, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
I received mine a few days ago, and got the email yesterday.

Very classy guy indeed!
Old 05-01-03, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got this

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry, but I don't have any copies of TOOTH FAIRY left to give away. Check out my website and message board to find out how you might possibly get your hands on a copy:
Old 05-01-03, 08:59 PM

Does anyone know where to download a copy ,ive checked his board and cant find out where,or will someone make a copy ,im sure he wont mind,ill trade for a fox demo dvd,thanks [email protected]
Old 05-01-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If I don't get one due to supplies being out, could someone burn one for me?
Old 05-02-03, 12:48 AM

I got the automated responce E-mail

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry, but I don't have any copies of TOOTH FAIRY left to give away. Check out my website and message board to find out how you might possibly get your hands on a copy:

http://www.josephharris.com
http://forums.delphiforums.com/josephharris

Best-
jh

Could someone burn me a copy of the VCD, I will supply the Blank Cd-r and pay for Postage to and from.

If someone could help me out, drop me a line at [email protected]
Old 05-02-03, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For those that need a custom cover for the short film, I did one and its available on my site: www.geocities.com/rammsteinfan_dvd/
Old 05-04-03, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I found this thread on April 28th. Shortly after my post above, I emailed the address asking for a copy..

On May 1st, I got the same email that littlefuzzy did. I wasn't disappointed. I still thought it was a very COOL thing he did and went about my life.

Imagine my surprise today, when it was sitting in my mailbox..

Very, very cool. Thanks Mr. Harris.

ps...I got off my lazy ass and went to his site to drop a "thank you" email..he's a comic book writer. I recognized Adam Pollina's artwork on the cover that Rammsteinfan did, but it didn't hit me..
Old 05-06-03, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
For those of you who did not get a copy of the vcd. two ways to get it now:

http://www.moviemaniacs.net/news.htm

or just head down to comic con this year and he has some left to give out then.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.