DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Strangers With Candy to DVD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/284670-strangers-candy-dvd.html)

Friday13thuncut 04-08-03 05:16 PM

Strangers With Candy to DVD

according to a SWC mailing list that I'm on, actors from the show have just done a commentary for a first season DVD set due in June.

Brain Stew 04-08-03 05:49 PM

OMG! This rocks! I can't wait!!!! :D

caipirina 04-08-03 07:14 PM

he he .. if you are on the same mailing list that I know about, you must know norn ... old pale of mine .. he will be SO happy to hear about that

SideShow 04-08-03 08:02 PM

Woo hoo! Woo hoo!

cynthia 04-08-03 09:22 PM

This made my day!

Hopefully this will lead to the release of the Upright Citizens Brigade, as well.

malkmuz 04-09-03 01:08 AM

oh wow, i loved this show! the mark ibold cameos were hilarious. can't wait.

spoon81 04-09-03 09:55 AM

Glad to see there were other fans for this show. I loved it, and would be first in line to buy a first season set. I really hope this news turns out to be true.

Richard Malloy 04-09-03 10:39 AM

I have prepped my bacon strip in anticipation!

Pointyskull 04-09-03 11:25 AM

:thumbsup:

God, I loved that show......

As for UCB, I can only dream. I heard an interview with Matt last year, and he made it sound like it was never going to happen.

Damn! I want my Amy Pohler NOW!

Daytripper 04-09-03 11:31 AM

Originally posted by spoon81
Glad to see there were other fans for this show. I loved it, and would be first in line to buy a first season set. I really hope this news turns out to be true.

Puh! The line starts behind me spoon81! ;)

According to dvdfile, this was supposed to come out in May. So I've been checking every online DVD store daily for specs and exact release dates and have come up empty. I assumed since there are only 30 odd episodes, all would be included on this release. Hope I'm right. Even though this show is low brow, it was HILARIOUS! Oh the memories:

"I'll make your pinky allllll stinky"

Baby Dizzy

Cheerleader: Give me a V-I-C-T-O-R-Y
Jerri: V-I-C-T-O-R-Y
Cheerleader: What does that spell
Jerri: (short pause) Hobo camp (?)

Anyone else want to share anymore Flatpoint High memories? :)

Pointyskull 04-09-03 11:36 AM

Originally posted by Daytripper
Anyone else want to share anymore Flatpoint High memories? :)
I just always cracked up at the name Tammy Littlenut..... :lol:

Friday13thuncut 04-09-03 12:38 PM

Mr. Noblet reading Jerry's note to Orlando about her burning vagina aloud to the class.

rfduncan 04-09-03 01:12 PM

Originally posted by Friday13thuncut
Mr. Noblet reading Jerry's note to Orlando about her burning vagina aloud to the class.
OMG - I forgot all about that. LOL!

I think this actually had three "seasons" on Comedy Central which could mean that this is the entire series (since they only had 10 ep seasons) or maybe not. I hope they'll release the whole thing at once. This was a GREAT show!:thumbsup:

Apocrypha 04-09-03 02:49 PM

Probably not every season but here is hoping :beer:
The commentary from Sedaris and co. should be worth it alone.
Tonyblock where are you? I remeber signing your petition for this release. Drop the word.

JLyon1515 04-09-03 03:32 PM

I love this show and can't wait for this release! So many hilarious memories :)

Daytripper 04-09-03 03:47 PM

I've seen every episode a few times (compliments of Tivo), and my all-time favorite Jerri moment has got to be when she was pretending to be blind for the blind guy she was dating. And while she was supposed to be wearing a blindfold sitting with him at home, she was cheating and watching TV. It was some show on mute that had a chimpanzee and a duck in a baby pool full of water. Where the chimp was beating the hell out of the duck (cruel, I know...and I feel so guilty just writing about it). And Jerri was trying to not to laugh so the blind guy didn't know she was watching television (the blindfold was around her neck). I'm telling you, I've seen that episode about a dozen times and I nearly wet myself everytime I watch it. Good stuff! :)

Friday13thuncut 04-10-03 01:01 AM

Jerri is watching a Marilyn Manson type rock star on MTV.
The stepmom walks into the room and says "I want this disgusting filth out of my house right now!" Jerri starts to defend the singer and the stepmom says "I was talking about you!"

The stepmom is my favorite :)

I also love the twisted way of speaking most of the characters do, like: "You did the right wrong thing", "Yes you may not", "Isn't that what you did not want me to not do?", etc.

There's more good news: a SWC movie is going into production right now.

PolloDiablo 04-10-03 01:29 AM

Originally posted by cynthia
This made my day!

Hopefully this will lead to the release of the Upright Citizens Brigade, as well.

Hell Yes!! I loved Upright Citizens Brigade, even got to see them live once and it was one of the better comedy shows I've been to, I would kill to get UCB on DVD.

LiquidSky 04-10-03 07:59 AM

Very Cool!

Daytripper 04-10-03 08:08 AM

Originally posted by Friday13thuncut
Jerri is watching a Marilyn Manson type rock star on MTV.
The stepmom walks into the room and says "I want this disgusting filth out of my house right now!" Jerri starts to defend the singer and the stepmom says "I was talking about you!"

The stepmom is my favorite :)

I also love the twisted way of speaking most of the characters do, like: "You did the right wrong thing", "Yes you may not", "Isn't that what you did not want me to not do?", etc.

There's more good news: a SWC movie is going into production right now.

Not so fast Friday13th! You must tell us more about that last hit and run bomb you dropped :) WHERE did you get this great news? Right after I read your post, I went to IMDB and couldn't find anything about it. At least, it's not on there yet. Do tell. And if this is some kind of cruel late April Fool's joke, you WILL pay ;)

Brain Stew 04-10-03 09:25 AM

One of my fondest memories of the show was the racisim episode with Tim Meadows. They call him to help cure Orlando(I think?) of his racists thoughts even though he is not racist. And Tim plays this video of the principal dressed up a squirrel, an astronaut, and a female surgeon, and after each different costume he says "Does this bother you that a black man is a _____?"

It doesn't sound funny when I try and explain it, but in the sick joke community Strangers With Candy is #1. :D

Drive-In Nut 04-10-03 03:19 PM

I'm as moist as a snack cake down there.

Friday13thuncut 04-10-03 11:54 PM

Originally posted by Daytripper
Not so fast Friday13th! You must tell us more about that last hit and run bomb you dropped :) WHERE did you get this great news? Right after I read your post, I went to IMDB and couldn't find anything about it. At least, it's not on there yet. Do tell. And if this is some kind of cruel late April Fool's joke, you WILL pay ;)

I didn't save any of the emails I read off the mailing list, and I'm bad with details, but a quick web search found this:

Amy Sedaris's hotness factor heats up to the boiling point with a new book, movie and the announcement that Comedy Central will finally release Strangers With Candy on DVD! (No word yet on when and how many shows.) Not only that, but there are reports that Filmstar Productions is producing a Strangers With Candy movie. As Jerri would say, "Good Times!"

The new book, titled Wigfield, will be released in May and is a collaboration with her friends and SWC co-stars Stephen Colbert and Paul Dinello. Wigfield features Sedaris in some side-splitting photographs taken by fashion designer Todd Oldham.

The fictional town of Wigfield is in danger of being flooded by a massive dam the state government wants to destroy in order to restore the salmon run. Wigfield's only hope lies with a self-involved journalist who is desperate to find something about Wigfield worth documenting and ultimately saving.

Currently you can see Sedaris in Maid in Manhattan, where she plays a snotty socialite who abuses Jennifer Lopez's maid. Maid in Manhattan comes to DVD on March 25th.

MatthewCho 05-01-03 10:01 AM

I just discovered this new and it completely made my best.

Funniest show of all time.

How do I join the mailing list?

- Matt

Cemetery Man 05-01-03 11:18 AM

This is Awesome..I also wanna see UCB follow suit as well.