DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Who all want to see "Eddie Lives" the sequel to Eddie and the Cruisers on Disc? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/284602-who-all-want-see-eddie-lives-sequel-eddie-cruisers-disc.html)

danol 04-08-03 01:16 PM

Who all want to see "Eddie Lives" the sequel to Eddie and the Cruisers on Disc?

The year was 1983 I was Driving TT in New York State and seen this really good Rock and Roll Movie "Eddie and the Cruisers" in Dolby Surround movie on HBO (I own DS disc of "Eddie and the Cruisers").

Years later I had found this movie didn't do so good at the box office, but started gathering people who like the older Rock and Roll music this movie had when seen on the pay channels. I wrote in with hundreds or thousands to have a sequel made. The Scotti Bros finally made "Eddie Lives" in Dolby Surround and released it right to video, but 'not' to DVD I own this Vhs and I request to be counted in *wanting* the sequel to become a DVD disc "Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives" to become reality yet again!

I tried to use the spoiler tags but it wouldn't work, I had asked for help for about 2 hours, no one responded. I am sorry for those who haven't seen this Rock and Roll classic. Who knows maybe this will 'wet' your appetite.

Eddie after nearly drowning after his Turquoise/White 1957 chevy convertable crashed through a bridge demolishing the car, Eddie started walking away towards Canada.

Eddie Wilson changed his name and became Joe West a building painter in Canada, but finally formed a band called "Rock Solid". In doing so one his band members wrote Eddies old music company and told them their lead singer not only looked like Eddie, but sang like Eddie also.

Lou the record producer had changed his mind about Eddies last album that was really selling like crazy called "A Season in Hell" and met Joe/Eddie saying I'll be GDamed,(Lou in seeing that this was really 'Eddie Wilson') sending him out into the street to his car but his girlfriend (other than Joanne that he used to date) told him while crying lets find a bridge and do it right 'this' time. Only this emotional woman that was also in love with Joe/Eddie got Eddie back in the concert hall to play the Spring Festival.

After the first song he introduced the band and told them his real name "and I'm Eddie Wilson". Nearly all who were in the hall started hollering together Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. 'Rock Solid' went into the 2nd number which they had contracted to sing the first two songs as a entry group. Eddie Wilson was redicovered and everyone loved his music *all* over again.

Who else wants to see or own the sequel on DVD disc?

Geofferson 04-08-03 02:03 PM

I do! I do!

:)

Vanth Dreadstar 04-08-03 03:13 PM

Soundtracks are 'boss' too!

Hey I love both movies! Plus the soundtracks for both are really great too. Both are done by John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band that hails from Jersey. They are kinda like a Bruce Springsteen knock off band but they made some great tunes for the movies especially the Fire In Hell Suite and On The Dark SIde from the first one and Emotional Storm, Maryia and NYC Song from the second.

danol 04-08-03 04:51 PM

At this point I want the DVD of Eddie and the Cruisers II:Eddie Lives, they have some real video worth watching and putting on discs, rather the other junk IMO.

This's must for 'It's as good as the original, if not better' movie sequel, not less than or the movie which doesn't co-inside with the original; this is the real deal. Look how many reprised their roles Lou the record owner, Eddie, Sal, (Matthew Laurence) the rest would not 'fit' in this sequel, that is why it's so dam *good* IMHO.:)

DVD Slut 04-08-03 08:49 PM

I do!

d2cheer 04-09-03 06:37 AM

Same here bring it on!!!

Music 04-09-03 08:20 AM

:up:

Samuel 04-09-03 09:37 AM

Sign me up.

bigjim25 04-09-03 02:24 PM

:up: Call me crazy but I liked the sequel better than the original. ;)

danol 04-09-03 04:27 PM

I have looked all over the world for any region DVD but

No one has it on disc in any country in the world including the USA. All I can find are used vhs copies stating at $25.50 on up to $60 and change.

Question until it's to be on disc should I view my 'badly' worn out Vhs copy I bought in 1989, when released directly to video or buy another; used almost new copy on Vhs for around $25?

Man what a good sequel that is, Pares character Eddie Wilson had 2 women one in each film that would give their souls for him. "Let's find a bridge and do it right this time" said his sobbing GF which drove him back in to literally face the *Music* "Just Another small flame Running Thru The fire".........."

What started it all was when Eddie/Joe bought the saxophone player a Irish Mist and started talking about Wendell Newton, whom the sax player knew before he joined Eddie and the Cruisers. The kid entered thinking who's this jerk but when he heard Eddy play, he thought the music being played was 'totally awsome' and one by one the other band members joined in until Joe opened his eyes and walked off the stage.

The kid had a tougher time of finding Joe than climbing all those stairs, but in the end it was all worth it. I belive the next sequel would have had to be on the kids dream of doing videos and concerts and being one big part of the number one rock group and what the final rewards of such dedication would pay off and how it paid off. Original after Doc Robbbins I'm going to do this for all of us, they're dealing with the speaking out loud and drawing a crowd; I'm not just taling about Jersey. Joanne Carlino probably became the 'word' mans (Tom Beringer) wife in the first, but what about the second?

To beat Arthur Rambaud ('word' mans book) at his own game of dissapearing for 20 years to never write again 'to not die of the body but of the mind'. Wilson did it but ended up playing music again 20 years later, than to die in a hospital like Rambaud did (Pronounced Ram~Bow French literature writer). Rambauds last work was titled "A Season in Hell"! The same title as Eddie and the Cruisers last album.

When they stopped playing the music as the Record owner said you won't get a dime for some opera music. Joe Panatolino a bit younger than his "Cypher" role in "The Matrix couldn't get Lou the owner producer back, went to Eddie and started all the hell breaking loose among friends

You guys that own the original know the rest, and the keys were swinging while the man walked down the street. Still listening to the program Maggie had just shown on a TV network special for Eddie, We're still trying to catch up to Eddie; but never will.:)

I have all CD discs dealing with both the orginal and the sequel and that Rock turns me on. Jamming session with the kid
Joe/Eddie had his eyes closed and never missed a beat. He opened his eyes to see that he wasn't playing with Eddie and the Cruisers, but with people he didn't know. :)

danol 04-09-03 10:00 PM

Wow I was surfing for the movie when I ran accross this interview!

Bump...I never knew where or how they filmed the ending songs at some big festival. Now I want it more than ever! The Thomas and Mack Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada is packed with 14,000 screaming rock fans. They've come to see the Bon Jovi Show, but tonight they're getting an added treat. Eddie Wilson Picture is going to borrow the stage for 45 minutes to film the final sequence in "Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives."

As an opening band leaves the stage, the house lights come on and actor Michael Paré leaps on stage, Joined by his fellow musicians. "Let's rock and roll," he yells and the crowd, entirely unsolicited, begins to chant "Eddie!" "Eddie!" "Eddie!" It's an electrifying unprecedented moment and the entire cast and crew feels it. A big gamble, explains Paré, because the audience could have destroyed us. But they loved us.

Women were taking their clothes off in the crowd, everyone was clapping and yelling Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. It was amazing, and it proves that there are a lot of "Eddie and the Cruisers" fans out there. It was a terrific experience, remembers Paré. You're standing out there in front of 14,000 people and they all want to love you. When we started playing, the crowd immediately got into it, clapping, yelling. Was the greatest atmosphere and ambience.

Michael Paré is up to the challenge because he knows that the Eddie Wilson is a part he was born to play. He went to work with a vengeance to bring Eddie Wilson back to life. Director Jean-Claude Lord remarked that Paré rehearsed his part virtually every evening and on week ends. Whenever here was a break in the schedule and he wasn't needed in a particular scene, Paré was off practicing his material, at time working with his acting coach, George Nasser. In addition to carrying the drama of the new film on his shoulders, Paré had to learn ten new John Cafferty songs for the film's musical sequences. For me, he says, Eddie II: had four times the amount of work I had in the first one.

In Eddie I, I had four songs to learn, this time I have ten and sometimes we would get a songs on Friday and we had to perform it on Monday, so there was always a lot of pressure. The part was also a major challenge for Paré who, amazingly, had only twelve lines of dialogue in the first film. He explains, The first story was told through the eyes of Wordman (Tom Berenger). I was a mystery figure. This time, I'm in every scene, Eddie II: is my story. Written around 1989, author unknown.:)

danol 04-13-03 12:06 AM

Paitience pays off, but I still want it to become a DVD disc

I finally got confirmaton for a like new
Eddie and the Cruisers 2: Eddie lives.
They're asking price of $225 for the Rare video released only once in 1999. Price I am paying $18.24 plus $2.50 for shipping.
It was the lowest I could find, I hope before this like new private ownership gives out it will be on DVD, for all of us that posted to this thread and lurkers
:)