Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-01, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have this?
Old 03-31-01, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The transfer and sound are tolerable, definitely not the greatest. Pretty much nil on the extras. However, I think the movie is one of the best ever made and deserves a part in anyone's collection. I haven't heard anything about a reissue so you might as well pick it up
Old 03-31-01, 10:36 PM
Banned

That's too bad. The Pioneer SE laserdisc has a top-notch transfer, a Milos Forman commentary, a very long and thorough documentary, and trailers.
Old 03-31-01, 10:36 PM
Banned

jinx to jamezuva's review. nothing to write home about (the PSE laserdisc looks nicer) but an overall great movie and the colours are pretty drab as it is that the transfer didn't need to be superb to get the meanign across
Old 04-01-01, 12:00 PM
Banned

on my copy there is a scene were Jack's character is at the counter getting 'medicated' or what have you and the frame stretches horizontally for about 45 seconds... and there are lots of scratches on the film.

The movie is excellent and I got it free from Warner so it's worth it to me... I didn't like the way the patients were treated though and the end..
Old 04-01-01, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that the frame got stretched during the one scene. It looked like maybe they had to use a pan&scan shot for that scene (maybe the original was damaged at that scene?) & stretched it out to make it look widescreen. I thought that was pretty distracting & not good on a movie as excellent as this. I borrowed it from a friend, but won't be getting it myself unil they release an anamorphic version, hopefully fixing that scene as well.