Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: 2 Days in the Valley

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: 2 Days in the Valley

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-01, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, well the only true reason why i want to buy this movie is becuase of Charlize Theron. It was like her first film and i absoluletly lover, she was great in Devils Advocate and she bairs it all here too right? Well i wanted to know is the movie any good itself, hows the story and is it worth a purchase? Whats the DVD like?
Old 02-09-01, 08:24 PM

I really like this movie. The first time I saw it, I wasn't very impressed. But, upon repeated viewings, I've grown to like it alot. Charlize looks great in this one! May be the best she's ever looked on film.
Definetly recommend this one!
Old 02-09-01, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the movie. While not nearly as good as Pulp Fiction it was the best of the Pulp Fiction imitators, at least until Go came along.
Old 02-11-01, 08:27 PM

Definatley a Pulp Fiction imitator but it is still a good movie. Definatley better than most Pulp Fiction rip offs. Definatley rent it, and it is worth a buy (It can be found for under $15).
Old 02-13-01, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by thegame370

Hey guys, well the only true reason why i want to buy this movie is becuase of Charlize Theron. It was like her first film and i absoluletly lover, she was great in Devils Advocate and she bairs it all here too right? Well i wanted to know is the movie any good itself, hows the story and is it worth a purchase? Whats the DVD like?
Got an idea - why not go directly to the "adult" section (lots of people "bair" it all on those dvd's) and then you don't have to be concerned with acting, plot, etc.
Old 02-13-01, 06:56 PM

It's on sale at Borders B&M here in Santa Barbara for $12.99. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 02-27-01, 11:58 AM

If all you want to see is Charlize topless, then this is the movie for you. If you want to see Charlize topless cavorting with James Spader, then this is also the movie for you (and please get some help).

However, if you want to see a good movie...

I saw this at a preview screening in Philadelphia right before it came out. The writer-director (Herzfeld, I think) spoke after the movie. One of the things he said is that he wrote the whole script in less than two weeks, and when that first draft was done, he knew it was finished and never revised it after that.

You can tell. What a dumb film. At least Pulp Fiction knock-offs like Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels have some verve. 2 Days in the Valley is just dull -- great cast, though.
Old 02-27-01, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought this was the one where Teri Hatcher bares it all.
Old 08-21-03, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
I picked this up at Wal-mart for $5.88 the other day & watched it tonight.

The back of the case says that it is enhanced for widescreen tvs but unfortunately it is non-anamorphic. It is a pretty poor transer as well. It is in 5.1 but not much use on the surrounds although there is a lot of bass in one big explosion.

I was also scared that it was a flipper when I opened the snapper-case b/c it had the chapters divided into two parts. But luckily the movie is all on one side.

Not the greatest movie in the world but I find it compelling for some reason. I always end up watching it when it come on HBO & it is a good way to pass some time. If you like the movie, it is definitely worth the 6 bucks even with the poor transfer.
Old 08-22-03, 11:03 AM

Best Jeff Daniels Peformance Ever. " There will be no massage parlors in the Valley! " Great soundtrack too. I own it, and love it. Grade: A -
Old 08-22-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I also love this movie. Original plot, excellent acting, etc. Not great as far as the DVD itself goes, but it's decent enough for the price. I recommend it.
Old 08-24-03, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

2 Days In The Valley is $ 5.88 at Wal Mart.
Old 08-25-03, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great flick & recommended. Too bad the disc is non-anamorphic.
Old 08-25-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by huzefa
I thought this was the one where Teri Hatcher bares it all.
You're probably thinking of Heaven's Prisoners starring Alec Baldwin, Eric Roberts, and Teri Hatcher among others. I'm fairly certain that it is being released to DVD sometime before the end of this year.
Old 08-25-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
The only flick I remember seeing Teri Hatcher's bare saggy boobs is in a lame movie called Cool Surface with Robert Patrick.

Sadly, they are real but they are not spectacular.